Page 64 of 164 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 4088
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be surprised to see Keegan Murray go past Indiana esp after trading off Sabonis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be surprised to see Keegan Murray go past Indiana esp after trading off Sabonis.
    I'm kinda with you on this... I think there are several teams that would pass on him this high because of his age but, I think indy is on a shorter rebuild with Carlisle and the age might even be a plus for them...IF he slips past indy for some reason then I think he could fall to 8 or 9 but I'd say the odds are on indy taking him if they pick at 5..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm kinda with you on this... I think there are several teams that would pass on him this high because of his age but, I think indy is on a shorter rebuild with Carlisle and the age might even be a plus for them...IF he slips past indy for some reason then I think he could fall to 8 or 9 but I'd say the odds are on indy taking him if they pick at 5..
    They also drafted an even older guy in Duarte last year. It just makes sense to see him there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They also drafted an even older guy in Duarte last year. It just makes sense to see him there.
    I'd have to agree, he seems an Indiana kind of guy if they pick outside the top 4.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd have to agree, he seems an Indiana kind of guy if they pick outside the top 4.
    Yep, if you want him to drop then hope indy moves into the top 4..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Blazers might also take him if they're set on making the most of Lillard's "prime" (more like twilight if you ask me, but whatever).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Blazers might also take him if they're set on making the most of Lillard's "prime" (more like twilight if you ask me, but whatever).
    Portland is the most confusing team to me in the top 10. If their goal is to make the most of Lillard's prime and keep him happy there's literally no rookie in this draft that can do that.

I think if they make the pick and keep it it portends the end of the Lillard era there... Maybe they are tanking to get a tradeable asset to try and get a significant player in trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland is the most confusing team to me in the top 10. If their goal is to make the most of Lillard's prime and keep him happy there's literally no rookie in this draft that can do that.

I think if they make the pick and keep it it portends the end of the Lillard era there... Maybe they are tanking to get a tradeable asset to try and get a significant player in trade?
    That would be the sensible way, but if they don't, I can see them going with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presuming they don't trade it, the pick lands in the most likely range and the draft plays out according to projections until that point (in addition to the five locks, Mathurin, Griffin Jr., Sharpe seem most likely to round out the top 8), Davis, Daniels, Branham all seem like typical Spurs picks.

Agbaji does too, but more so in a scenario where they move up into the late lottery, with Dieng, Jovic and Baldwin Jr. as late round possibilities.

Not a chance. He's going 5 or 6 at worst. The four is by far the most difficult position to fill and every year recently the top one(s) either rise or go at the peak of their range.

we'll see i'm not convinced by Murray as a lock at 5 or 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know much about Davis but in general reports mention him as a scorer who isn't very athletic and doesn't shoot well, and he thrives in the mid range. Seems like someone who is going to drop and for us to avoid. But I haven't seen him much, and maybe he's really good in ways that elude all the simplified draft reports.
    I saw one game- and was underwhelmed. There's my expert opinion

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dejounte

Nice scouting about EJ Liddel, a guy we talked a lot about. Still don't know if he has much upside but could be in the mix for a late pick. His measurements will be interesting too as some reports have him at 6'5'5 wo shoes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dejounte

Nice scouting about EJ Liddel, a guy we talked a lot about. Still don't know if he has much upside but could be in the mix for a late pick. His measurements will be interesting too as some reports have him at 6'5'5 wo shoes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How accurate are those measurements? Dude looks very big on the court compared to the other players.

tbh if his standing reach and wingspan are good enough, I don’t have a prob with him playing as a big in the NBA.

height is not as important as standing reach, imo. Players have long necks. It’s what you can do with your arms on defense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How accurate are those measurements? Dude looks very big on the court compared to the other players.

tbh if his standing reach and wingspan are good enough, I don’t have a prob with him playing as a big in the NBA.

height is not as important as standing reach, imo. Players have long necks. It’s what you can do with your arms on defense.
    I think it was a draft combine measurements.

Agreed with his wingspan and his body he can play inside, still i think he's a little bit undersized.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A name to watch : Ousmane Dieng, 6'9 with a 7'0 wingspan, only 18 yrs old and will be 19 on draft day. He struggled at the beggining of the yeart but he starts to be really good in the Australian League.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A name to watch : Ousmane Dieng, 6'9 with a 7'0 wingspan, only 18 yrs old and will be 19 on draft day. He struggled at the beggining of the yeart but he starts to be really good in the Australian League.
    WTF is he doing in the australian league as a frenchman at 18? Seems a bit slow tbh.

Real french sensation is 7'3" Victor Wembanya (2004) eligible next year, potentially a #1 pick...Need to put some weight but good handle, court vision, versatile, can block, pass and shoot the 3... IQ, poised and great work ethic. At the game of adventurous comparisons, some people talk about a mix of Doncic, Gobert and a taller Nowistski... Oo... Gobert practiced with him and says he has much more potential and will be a much better player than himself....

But that's for next year and unless spurs are in full tank mode he'll be out of reach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that's for next year and unless spurs are in full tank mode he'll be out of reach.
    That would mean this draft and offseason was a complete disaster, which is why I was so adamant on the need for a high pick now, because it should be the last in a while (unless things go horribly wrong).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF is he doing in the australian league as a frenchman at 18? Seems a bit slow tbh.

Real french sensation is 7'3" Victor Wembanya (2004) eligible next year, potentially a #1 pick...Need to put some weight but good handle, court vision, versatile, can block, pass and shoot the 3... IQ, poised and great work ethic. At the game of adventurous comparisons, some people talk about a mix of Doncic, Gobert and a taller Nowistski... Oo... Gobert practiced with him and says he has much more potential and will be a much better player than himself....

He had some offers from french teams in Pro A but he choose to go overseas, the Australian league with the examples of Ball or Giddey is good for young talents who wants to go to the NBA.

Wembenyama is unbelivable, a phenom, if he stays healthy ( he had some injuries this year with ASVEL but not somehting big) he will kill it in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's following the Chet diet
    His frame is bigger though, should be able to fill it somewhat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liddell was at the G-League Elite camp last year where he underwhelmed. The measurements are from there. He’s improved a great deal and really took the feedback to heart it seems.

https://gleague.nba.com/news/2021-nb...ement-results/

I’ve watched Dieng a bit here in Australia. I think it was Rafael Barlowe who said that “Dieng is the kind of concern people have about Chet and his weight” and it’s hard to disagree.

He is a very smooth player, with a nice guard-type package on Offense but Defensively, I’m really concerned about him.
    He shys away from physicality, gets blown by off the dribble consistently.

I still think he’s talented but I’m not sure what position he guards on Defense in the NBA…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liddell is both a 4.5 and relatively old (White was the exception, but that was before their situation changed), two things they've generally avoided in recent years. I can't see them going with him over Jovic or Baldwin Jr.

Look at the recent history . . .

- Samanic over Clarke in '19.
    - Picked up Bates-Diop in '20 after missing out on him by one pick in '18; ditto recently with Woodard II.
    - Fours of past half decade: Anderson, Bertans, Gay, Cunningham, Carroll, Lyles (agreed in principle with Morris), Johnson, Samanic, Bates-Diop and McDermott.
    - Maybe it was because they knew the Hawks would match, but seemingly didn't pursue Collins last off season and probably could have had Markkanen if they really wanted him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liddell is both a 4.5 and relatively old (White was the exception, but that was before their situation changed), two things they've generally avoided in recent years. I can't see them going with him over Jovic or Baldwin Jr.

Look at the recent history . . .

- Samanic over Clarke in '19.
    - Picked up Bates-Diop in '20 after missing out on him by one pick in '18; ditto recently with Woodard II.
    - Fours of past half decade: Anderson, Bertans, Gay, Cunningham, Carroll, Lyles (agreed in principle with Morris), Johnson, Samanic, Bates-Diop and McDermott.
    - Maybe it was because they knew the Hawks would match, but seemingly didn't pursue Collins last off season and probably could have had Markkanen if they really wanted him.
    Is there a reason why a 3.5 at the four spot is preferable to a 4.5? With the recent push by the Spurs to play a 4.5 (Landale) over a 3.5 (Keldon, debatably KBD, McDermott) and seeing its benefits on rebounding and on the defensive end, it seems optimal to try to find an upgrade over Landale if there’s an opportunity to do so. Liddell’s strengths appear to be on ball defense on the perimeter and changing shots at the 3 point line while being a force with weakside blocking— these are all elements of the perfect 4.5 for any team given that the most common complaint against playing a 4.5 (with a true 5) is their lack of agility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    P.S. I do agree the Spurs may prioritize youth over anything else as I mentioned in an earlier post… the Spurs may double down on their developmental program and continue to reap its benefits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs are picking late lottery instead of at the 9th or 10th pick, it makes sense to go for a homerun type pick. Players who look like they have the tools to be a star but it’s not plainly obvious (hence being available in late lottery). I mean, how do guys like Giannis and Kawhi end up there at 15th anyway? For Giannis, it was questions over if he even knew how to play organized basketball. For Kawhi, it was his lack of burst and unexciting athleticism. But both had one thing going for them: they were physically unique and had skills that were uncommon for a player their height.

Maybe let’s take a look at late lotto guys who may be a tad similar:

Tari Eason - only slightly older than the age Kawhi came out. Has a similar style, and his advanced metrics are favorable.
    Dyson Daniels - if he’s truly 6’7” now, his exceptional passing skills become twice as appealing
    Sochan - he’s young and huge for a 19 year old 3.5.
    PBJ - I recently watched this dude’s lowlights and he settled for bad shots far too often. But, he’s extremely young and maybe can still be molded into something great.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 04-10-2022 at 06:37 PM.

Thread Information