Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what? These players get paid millions and should be out there grinding there bodys for us to watch. There should be fines for not playing and give that money back to the workers at the arena. If Spurs feel its worth sitting a SUPERSTAR out then pay a fee.
    Yup and the Spurs would've only had Timmy for 14 years instead of 19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a link to what he said. I haven't seen it. TIA
    The first post has an embedded YouTube video of the presser.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The first post has an embedded YouTube video of the presser.
    Hmmm... I only see the face icon... I can't see the embedded YouTube vid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs making it a little too obvious this season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm... I only see the face icon... I can't see the embedded YouTube vid.

Pointing to RC (the Spurs) is dumb. Spurs ahead of everybody with managing minutes as a science. Whatever the players are abusing as "load management" is what the league should look into if not justified. But putting RC on the spot (and he didn't seem to be joking about it) was both dumb and a-hole move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs making it a little too obvious this season
    But Spurs are not "load managing" this season. I don't think they will even be tanking, just playing and developing young players, which may happen to win less games.

But the end-game for the Spurs and still is ultimately winning at the end, whether this year or the following.

The problem is Spurs are going against the grain and ruffling some feathers. It may not necessarily sell tickets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Stern hated the Spurs (and most everyone else) for not being the Lakers. Adam Silver hates the Spurs for not steering Kawhi to LA like they were supposed to. He'll never forgive.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but you mentioned Kawhi did it with the Spurs. That wasn't load management. Wrong team bruh.

Anyways, Silver should see the difference between what players are abusing as load management, with what teams are trying to rest their players. And it's an a-hole move to point on RC (and the Spurs) who's always finding ways to make teams and players better, no wonder everybody's copying the Spurs and recruiting their coaches and personnel. That was dumb of Silver there.
    Again, my point was Silver did nothing of Kawhi's holdout which paved the way for him to do his ridiculous load management with the Raptors and Clippers also which created a bunch of guys copying his load management strategy and abusing it. It all traces back to Silver's ineptness with the holdout situation that paved the way for this abuse of load management.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game is faster and more athletic today and given the brutal schedule and the amount of back to backs, followed by the playoffs, it’s hard to blame the playets

back in the good old days, NBA’ stars could play a full season because the pace wasn’t the same and they faced unathletic YMCA janitors which wasn’t very energy draining tbh. I’m sure Hakeem didn’t break a sweat when he was matched up against Joe Wolf one night and Olliver Miller 2 days later
    I mean Jordan literally had a grocery bagger guarding him the whole ing game and I have to hear about how great the dude is. They expanded the league and killed the Pistons by getting rid of Mahorn, the only team in Jordan’s way and the main guy who ed him up. Then they expanded it again the second Jordan lost in the playoffs bc it was too difficult for him to play basketball for an entire month.

Players today go against other players who actually train all year round, are in shape, are faster and stronger than ever and more skilled as well bc they work on their game the whole offseason. It’s amazing to watch Lebron average 30 a game vs old man Kareem who got winded jogging to half court in his 19th year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs did ruin basketball with DNP rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta love Pop‘s hypocritical ass for inventing DNP Rest and Hack-A-Shaq and then turning around saying he hates how the game is being played nowadays by shooting all these 3s

I think Silver just tried to be funny here. He‘s a terrible NBA commissioner if you ask me. I can‘t stand this guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Jordan literally had a grocery bagger guarding him the whole ing game and I have to hear about how great the dude is. They expanded the league and killed the Pistons by getting rid of Mahorn, the only team in Jordan’s way and the main guy who ed him up. Then they expanded it again the second Jordan lost in the playoffs bc it was too difficult for him to play basketball for an entire month.

Players today go against other players who actually train all year round, are in shape, are faster and stronger than ever and more skilled as well bc they work on their game the whole offseason. It’s amazing to watch Lebron average 30 a game vs old man Kareem who got winded jogging to half court in his 19th year.
    All facts

Also, on top of being a grocery bagger, Starks is 6’3
    (Dumars was also 6’3 by the way)

That’s Steph Curry size

NBA marketing and old heads glorifying midget grocery baggers to male MJ look amazing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pointing to RC (the Spurs) is dumb. Spurs ahead of everybody with managing minutes as a science. Whatever the players are abusing as "load management" is what the league should look into if not justified. But putting RC on the spot (and he didn't seem to be joking about it) was both dumb and a-hole move.
    Got it! Thanks!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just gonna have teams give some BS reason like bruise / contusion or some other thing like that. Won't change it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All facts

Also, on top of being a grocery bagger, Starks is 6’3
    (Dumars was also 6’3 by the way)

That’s Steph Curry size

NBA marketing and old heads glorifying midget grocery baggers to male MJ look amazing
    Also and nobody wants to bring this up in an MJ goat debate. But historically, the SG position was the weakest position in the league during the 80s and the 90s. The second best SG was Drexler, who is a good player and the 3rd best was Miller, who kinda sucked. After that it was Mitch Richmond? Idk

So this amazing defense that Jordan played was used primarily against trash players. Grant and Rodman actually guarded the best players in the series. Pippen took the second best player on defensively and Jordan got to test on defense guarding the likes Byron Scott, Danny Ainge, and Jeff Hornyboy. Also he was guarded by 6 foot even Kevin Johnson in his best finals ever. If I was guarded by a guy 5ft 6 (same height advantage Jordan had) then I would average 40 ppg too

Meanwhile Pippen and Grant had to guard Magic, Barkley, Kemp, Malone, Shaq, and Ewing. Meanwhile guy like Duncan had to actually carry the team both on offense and defense. He guarded Shaq, Webber, Garnett, Dirk, Sheed, Bosh and prime Amari all to win his les. It’s much more impressive

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder why he did not say about teams like literally telling a starter "Hey Why Don't You Stay at Home For the Season As we trying Tank" Oklahoma......??? I know we have sit guys for reasons but not healthy Starters for like the Whole Season..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just gonna have teams give some BS reason like bruise / contusion or some other thing like that. Won't change it.
    Back in the day, it was a 12 man roster, and to even sign someone to a 10 day, someone had to be ‘injured’. Plantar fasciitis was a plague upon the league. The fact that it’s virtually undetectable by any means made it an easy lie. If they intend to crack down on this, expect another e in PF.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not at all. Spurs did everything within the rules (with the exception of the incident in Miami where they "didn't report in time" and got fined). And even that, I think Pop was trying to make a point because the Spurs had played like 4 games in 7 days with the last game being a nationally broadcast, high profile game against the Heat.
    But of course no big deal when the Heat load managed their stars last year to the point of not being able to field an 8-man roster for a road game against the Spurs that was the second night of a back to back for them, earning them a postponement and the ability to replay that game with rest.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta love Pop‘s hypocritical ass for inventing DNP Rest and Hack-A-Shaq and then turning around saying he hates how the game is being played nowadays by shooting all these 3s

I think Silver just tried to be funny here. He‘s a terrible NBA commissioner if you ask me. I can‘t stand this guy
    Silver just letting the players have free agency while under contract has ruined this league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adam Silver talks the talk. He NEVER takes the night off from Xi Jinping’s . He takes the full load.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC didn’t do it, because HE’S NOT THE ING COACH. Silver is probably scuurred to call out Pop.
    I think Ex called it. He's afraid to call out Pop.
    Yep. He didn't want any of that smoke from Gregory.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver just letting the players have free agency while under contract has ruined this league.
    Silver is a pathetic cuck. He allowed the players to bend him over from the start and now has no control of the situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    reduce the number of games then, b2bs are stupid af

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    reduce the number of games then, b2bs are stupid af
    They are never going to reduce the number of games. It's all about money for them. If they reduced the number of games, then they lose billions of dollars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Adam Silver know what a roster is? If they have a Spurs jersey they are gonna play at SAs discretion don't tell SA how to run their rotations. Silver is a business man and seems to want to create a players league so it's Bron vs Steph instead of LA vs GSW. But ball is a team game. Imo player centric focus ruins this league and sucks to watch compared to more orchestral team play. Start some instagram league for that bull and let real fans squad.

And let's see Silver's body take a 82 game season plus PO, international play and training. All due respect but Silver has no idea what it takes as a pro athlete and Silver just wants to run the league like a business/product. Think about trimming 10 games, spacing out the schedule to support recovery for athletes and possibly seeing more names in the playoffs for once. Better product for fans, better health for players, but less profits for Silver. Same guy kinda rammed through covid at the players expense a bit imo to maintain product levels too although I did like some of his management of protocols and agree Silver took it seriously.

Also just kinda wtf if this quote is real and is not a joke. Why are you lashing out publicly at a partner? Sorry Spurs are a small market alongside bigger markets that chew through premium FAs but Spurs have to manage the few drops of skill they're allowed to get more cautiously and also small market such as they are, require development of depth and diamonds in the rough to succeed, therefore manage mins differently to best position for contention.

Uh, you kinda left us to die on nephew and basically blew the entire franchise off course the ill effects of which are still ongoing today so I hope this isn't in reference to any current team approaches vs. a more historical connotation of the behavior.

"Nothing more frustrating as fans than having players, frankly, breach ing contract with impunity while the comish abandons all aide to the club and eagerly lands him in a more tantalizing TV market. Looking at you Silver and Snake."

Thread Information