Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    As Tish James said: "the state of New York"

again - if trump was not a rich caucasian - you would NOT be searching for a way to absolve him of crimes - IF that is what you are doing and it sure appears so...

the state of NY and its citizens - who did NOT get the same deals, the same tax breaks, the same tax pardons, the same valuations, the same loan deal rates, the same WEALTH that the trump criminal family cheated the state of NY and its citizenry.
    What you're describing simply isn't how common law fraud works in a civil setting. To sue someone for civil fraud, you need to be able to show that (among other things) you relied on their fraudulent misrepresentations and that said reliance was the proximate cause of damages you incurred. Whatever damages were incurred by the "people of New York" because they didn't get the breaks/opportunities/wealth/etc. that Trump got through fraud (still not even sure what you mean by that), their damages weren't PROXIMATELY caused by Trump's fraud.

But by all means, show me the legal precedent where Party A has standing to sue Party B for fraudulently obtaining a bank loan (that was paid on time and in full) from a bank that had no affiliation with Party A purely because Party A "did NOT get the same deals, the same tax breaks, the same tax pardons, the same valuations, the same loan deal rates" that Party B got through the bank fraud it perpetrated.

You're basically saying that I have standing to sue literally anyone who's ever committed bank fraud because I didn't get whatever benefits they got from the fraud they committed

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you're describing simply isn't how common law fraud works in a civil setting. To sue someone for civil fraud, you need to be able to show that (among other things) you relied on their fraudulent misrepresentations and that said reliance was the proximate cause of damages you incurred. Whatever damages were incurred by the "people of New York" because they didn't get the breaks/opportunities/wealth/etc. that Trump got through fraud (still not even sure what you mean by that), their damages weren't PROXIMATELY caused by Trump's fraud.

But by all means, show me the legal precedent where Party A has standing to sue Party B for fraudulently obtaining a bank loan (that was paid on time and in full) from a bank that had no affiliation with Party A purely because Party A "did NOT get the same deals, the same tax breaks, the same tax pardons, the same valuations, the same loan deal rates" that Party B got through the bank fraud it perpetrated.

You're basically saying that I have standing to sue literally anyone who's ever committed bank fraud because I didn't get whatever benefits they got from the fraud they committed

We will have to wait and see what gives her the confidence that she has the goods on trump.

if she has no more than what you described - then -yup - you would be correct - no standing.

However, i am betting she has some proof of the fraud and how damages are owed to the tune of at least 250 mil.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    We will have to wait and see what gives her the confidence that she has the goods on trump.

if she has no more than what you described - then -yup - you would be correct - no standing.

However, i am betting she has some proof of the fraud and how damages are owed to the tune of at least 250 mil.
    It could be that she has statutory authority to go after him and that's the basis for her suit; I still think it's not a great look that after a several years long investigation there aren't any criminal charges.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Altho’ … ^ (forgot to add)

she did mention that at least one of those banks/ins utions are under investigation

AND

she also mentioned that Deutsche bank was “cooperating”
    so that might be why she is confident she has the goods on trump…

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It could be that she has statutory authority to go after him and that's the basis for her suit; I still think it's not a great look that after a several years long investigation there aren't any criminal charges.
    agreed

no criminal charges for two reasons

1) alvin bragg was bought and paid for and left her holding the bag on criminal charges

2) not her jurisdiction to charge criminally

and finally- she did say there appeared to be state and federal criminal charges which she referred to the SDNY and the IRS

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I personally don't think she's expecting to ever get a damages payment from Trump or the Trump org., I think her goal is to get Trump's businesses kicked out of New York which has a much more realistic chance of happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) alvin bragg was bought and paid for and left her holding the bag on criminal charges
    Is fat F Alvin Bragg still keeping up the charade that he may still pursue charges?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is fat F Alvin Bragg still keeping up the charade that he may still pursue charges?
    lol

yup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who got hurt over Trump using inflated property values to get better terms on loans that he paid in full?
    what better terms?

could the bank have gotten even better terms? more interest? faster payback schedule? those could be a form of damages, depending of the specifics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People wanted Biden’s son investigationed long before Biden ran for office

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People wanted Biden’s son investigationed long before Biden ran for office
    Biden ran for office in 1970, the year Hunter was born.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repugs Benhazi-ing Hunter Biden, Fauci, Biden for Afghan exit, etc,etc, to SLANDER those people as Repugs slandered Hillary

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden ran for office in 1970, the year Hunter was born.
    He had to and make him first
    Duh
    He trained him to smoke coke

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had to and make him first
    Duh
    He trained him to smoke coke
    Go back and try to understand your own post.

I Got 99 Problems But.... SpurForLife's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go back and try to understand your own post.
    I agree. That was dumb even for Ducks

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    what better terms?

could the bank have gotten even better terms? more interest? faster payback schedule? those could be a form of damages, depending of the specifics
    Chances are the interest and amortization period wouldn't change, just the loan amount, but regardless, everything you're describing would be opportunity cost/consequential damages and it would be a lot harder to demonstrate a proximate connection between said opportunity cost and whatever fraud Trump committed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously , you are ok with all his crimes…

tax fraud? - ah its ok
    insurance fraud? - ah everyone does it

you are probably just as much a criminal as the guy you defend,
    The similarities don't stop there. The pee pee fetish...
    Although, in these cases, Trump's is less weird.

The video in question reportedly shows Trump in the presidential suite at Moscow’s posh Ritz-Carlton Hotel, watching two pros utes pee on a bed the Obamas supposedly slept in. The incident allegedly took place in 2013, when Trump was visiting Moscow to attend the Miss Universe pageant.
    do you want me to pee infront of your 13 year old daughter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally don't think she's expecting to ever get a damages payment from Trump or the Trump org., I think her goal is to get Trump's businesses kicked out of New York which has a much more realistic chance of happening.
    In this particular case her primary goal is entirely political, and she hasn't even pretended that's not the case. A civil case has a much lower bar than a criminal case, so she opted for the better odds of winning. Beating on a loser like Trump is simply good politics in New York.

And let's be frank here, this is not very different from Trump U. ducks-like Trump re s won't even register this, even after losing and even if some amount of fraud is proven.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In this particular case her primary goal is entirely political
    Prosecutorial discretion

like the Repug Senate blocking TWO slam-dunk impeachments of Trash

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In this particular case her primary goal is entirely political, and she hasn't even pretended that's not the case. A civil case has a much lower bar than a criminal case, so she opted for the better odds of winning. Beating on a loser like Trump is simply good politics in New York.

And let's be frank here, this is not very different from Trump U. ducks-like Trump re s won't even register this, even after losing and even if some amount of fraud is proven.
    Not ENTIRELY political….

she is following the law and she isnt making up stuff out of thin air the same way as trump and bill barr did with the corrupt trump doj

yes- SOME of it is political - good for her- might as well fight fire with fire in some areas of this war

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this civil case going to drone on for 3 more years like all the rest of the political cases?

Butthead Gaetz bought his way out. Or has Leticia got more money and power behind her then Flori duh?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Well yeah, this whole thing is political and James isn't even trying to hide that.

Idk why the Trump simps ITT are acting like it's some kind of own to point out the obvious.

Thread Information