Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Let's revisit the Legacy conversation. This is likely the last major career milestone James sets. There are no rings on the horizon.

To me Lebron has lived up to the hype and prophecy. He is one of the greatest to lace them up. From the High School to Pros generation.

I think I will appreciate him more once he's out of the League. Longevity wise he's Top5 athlete of my lifetime. I might disagree with much of his off court opinions which to me often seem forced but I recognize the road he blazed for the current player. Overall James carried himself with class and he is a pillar for the sport. I am proud to say I watched Lebron play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's revisit the Legacy conversation. This is likely the last major career milestone James sets. There are no rings on the horizon.

To me Lebron has lived up to the hype and prophecy. He is one of the greatest to lace them up. From the High School to Pros generation.

I think I will appreciate him more once he's out of the League. Longevity wise he's Top5 athlete of my lifetime. I might disagree with much of his off court opinions which to me often seem forced but I recognize the road he blazed for the current player. Overall James carried himself with class and he is a pillar for the sport. I am proud to say I watched Lebron play.
    Tough to really have a bad thing to say about him. 20+ years in the limelight and not a single scandal. Off court he is a great person. Also revolutionized how to keep your body in game shape with his nutrition and training.

I don’t even mind wanting to team up with other stars but him basically being the GM for the back half of his career bothers me because it probably cost him more les than it got him.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Signature moment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Undisputed GOAT tbh

Still a piece of for his China comments tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Undisputed GOAT tbh
    Nah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Undisputed GOAT tbh

Still a piece of for his China comments tho
    He stood up for black people though. Unlike jordan, who pitted blacks against one another and made billions out of Chinese slave labour.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He stood up for black people though. Unlike jordan, who pitted blacks against one another and made billions out of Chinese slave labour.
    sure, but only when it became profitable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure, but only when it became profitable
    Jordan suppressed black people for profits.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

need a wet nap to soak up that dribble?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    need a wet nap to soak up that dribble?
    We are all sports fans here. I am not driven by jealousy or dislike. We can discuss his many weaknesses.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are all sports fans here. I am not driven by jealousy or dislike. We can discuss his many weaknesses.
    probably has a weakness for bjs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his legacy is heavily decreasing every year. At this rate he'll barely be top 10 when all is said and done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his legacy is heavily decreasing every year. At this rate he'll barely be top 10 when all is said and done.
    how so ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the current nba is heavily improving the legacy of the 60s-70s nba since the argument to discard those numbers has always been about how fast paced the game was. The fact that Lebron is failing in the current nba with superstar casts no other player has had (on paper), brings a whole bunch of arguments back. I don't expect him to fall down to oscar robertson levels, but wilt has surpassed him in my book. Could easily put him behind magic and a few boston players at this point

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the current nba is heavily improving the legacy of the 60s-70s nba since the argument to discard those numbers has always been about how fast paced the game was. The fact that Lebron is failing in the current nba with superstar casts no other player has had (on paper), brings a whole bunch of arguments back. I don't expect him to fall down to oscar robertson levels, but wilt has surpassed him in my book. Could easily put him behind magic and a few boston players at this point
    This is rich. So name all those Boston players ahead of LeBron. LOL Anthony Davis in street clothes half the season considered a superstar supporting cast.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it is pretty strange seeing him in uniform. Probably scared he'd blow out his knee if he jumped up and cheered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good now the lakers can trade him before he walks and maybe get something. It's their best shot to rebuild and Lebron is basically a mercenary at this point.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i guess i'd put him in the top 10 now. Still the biggest ring chaser ever, that always needed a super team to win. All of this would be much more impressive if he stayed in Cleveland. Almost same as Durant, just that Durnat ain't that good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i guess i'd put him in the top 10 now. Still the biggest ring chaser ever, that always needed a super team to win. All of this would be much more impressive if he stayed in Cleveland. Almost same as Durant, just that Durnat ain't that good.
    Yeah because Magic, Bird and Jordan didn't win with superteams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stopping the game 10 seconds before end of 3 q, for like 10 minutes was stupid and lame. I can't imagine anyone doing that in real sports compe ion. Congrats to lebron, he is my goat, but i'm glad they lost. That celebration should have happen after the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that makes absolutely no sense

Failing ? dude is 40 y/o and still top 5 in today's NBA, he cannot carry anymore the corpses of AD and Westbrick and that's your argument to sustain that his legacy is decreasing ?

the main argument to discard 60s and 70s is not the pace of the game but the fact they played against 6'0 white hair dressers. If Lebron is barely a top 10 all time, Kobe is what ? a top 100 ?

The only argument today to not put him at the pinnacle all time is MJ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that makes absolutely no sense

Failing ? dude is 40 y/o and still top 5 in today's NBA, he cannot carry anymore the corpses of AD and Westbrick and that's your argument to sustain that his legacy is decreasing ?

the main argument to discard 60s and 70s is not the pace of the game but the fact they played against 6'0 white hair dressers. If Lebron is barely a top 10 all time, Kobe is what ? a top 100 ?

The only argument today to not put him at the pinnacle all time is MJ
    I'm still trying to see who his a few Celtics who he puts ahead of LeBron are.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I believe LeBron is the greatest player of his generation, of the last 20 years, since Michael. Better than Kobe or Duncan or Shaq. Better than where Durant or Steph will end up by the end of their careers. I do leave it open for a few of the younger guys like Freak, Joker, Luka whether they can continue on a career trajectory to be in that conversation. Likely not, but won’t close that door yet.

I also think LeBron is firmly in the conversation of Goat with Michael and Wilt and Kareem, depending on what your personal criteria is. Russell too if rings alone weigh big in your opinion. But with almost every Goat debate, I think LeBron ends up behind the likes of Michael or Wilt or Russell. I think he’s passed Kareem, and has arguments against both Wilt and Russell. Against Mike, it would be more complicated and you’d have to ignore some things. I do think he has an argument of being the most complete basketball player ever in terms of being good to great at pretty much every aspect of the game, with his ideal combination of size, athleticism, natural talent, skill, IQ, and actual production as a result of that talent.

Most of his career, I’ve found LeBron unlikable and annoying. Last few years, even more so because of how he’s whined about a team situation, a losing situation, he himself created. But objectively, his on the court resume, including now the all time scoring record, is spectacular and impressive.

Thread Information