Page 19 of 90 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The two steals starting at :32 were back-to-back and started a cascade from which Kentucky never really recovered.

And this pass was really impressive to me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The two steals starting at :32 were back-to-back and started a cascade from which Kentucky never really recovered.

Several pundits like to compare him to Giddey, but I think that's a lazy comparison. Black has a better shot and more athleticism.... he may not be as polished yet, but he's got everything he needs to get there and and surpass Giddey imo..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Several pundits like to compare him to Giddey, but I think that's a lazy comparison. Black has a better shot and more athleticism.... he may not be as polished yet, but he's got everything he needs to get there and and surpass Giddey imo..
    I'm putting him as my #3 right now, tbh. May seem high, but I'm early in and starting to look at guys more. I want to watch Brandon Miller in games. No interest in the Thompson twins.

Anyway, I kinda see the Giddey comparison. They have similar ways they attack defenses. Neither has a great burst, but they're both shifty and tricky in their drives, both highly aware of what's going on in terms of where to move the ball. I'd say Giddey is superior in finding shooters and Black needs work tuning up his interior passing, etc. But Giddey was playing professionally already. They're both actually pretty physical and don't shy from contact, banging down low, scrumming and mixing it up.

So I agree in those areas. But like you, he's far, far better a defender and more athletic. I don't think Giddey is as bad a defender as advertised, but Black stands to be far superior. He can be a menace in that area, kind of like Kawhi at least in picking out swipes and steals in his area, as in being a threat to players passing through his area, instantly moving into offense. He looks very good on the ball and gets really skinny getting over screens. He also just doesn't stop -- he has tons of energy. Both he and Giddey are both apparently really smart players. I do think Black's shot is kind of y. He uses too much of a guide hand (like Sochan, but better) and takes a while to load up his 3s. But those are fixable.

I'm excited. He's a really nice player and could really rise as we get into tournament time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really not convinced by Anthony Black as a solid NBA player. All the looks of a potential major bust.

Different viewers, different impressions, but to me he's raw, his shot is ugly, he's not very fast or smooth, he can somehow dunk (I could too) but he isn't what you'd qualify as "athletic", far from it, specially if you consider, and that's the main point, that he's freaking skinny and not like "skinny but can add some weight and muscke" but skinny like "he'll always be skinny anyway"... I have twice his arms and I'm not lifting like crazy.

He doesn't look to me like an NBA player by any means but just your typical college player who can thrive there but will be irrelevant in the NBA. Think Adam Morrison. But as always, I could be totally wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The steal will be Smith. He will drop due to injury and come out as a Lillard type player.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've got Gradey at #8.... I may have him to low.... kids gonna have a long and successful career imo..
    …in Utah. Lol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The steal will be Smith. He will drop due to injury and come out as a Lillard type player.
    I've got Smith #3 ... but it's with the assumption that his health isn't a long-term concern..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol I get it.... seriously though, I think he goes before they pick... most boards have him around 10 now but I think he could rise as high as #4 if his athletic numbers test well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gradey is a guy who could rise with a tournament run. Him, George on Baylor, Walker on Houston, these guys have a chance to really shine. Sochan really showed out last year, for example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I'm curious about tracking is some dream fallers for that #33 pick. Not sure who, Kel'el Ware, Rayan Rupert would have to tumble inconceivably far. But even without a faller- Jordan Walsh, Leonard Miller, Amari Bailey are in range and could be nice scores too. Not saying any of these fit Spurs or anything just as BPAs in that range that could be intriguing. Who else?

Some interesting value loitering around that late first range. If anyone pushes up Spurs are poised to net a steal with that selection slot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also love the idea of trading back with ORL but I don't think the Magic do that so fast unfortunately

You could take Smith Jr and like Black or something with #5 and the #11 ORL from CHI but no way ORL likes #3 that much unless there was more added to the deal?

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've said a few times here that I'm a huge fan. I would take him at 4 or 5 and arguably 3. Which I know won't be a popular opinion but I really like this kid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also love the idea of trading back with ORL but I don't think the Magic do that so fast unfortunately

You could take Smith Jr and like Black or something with #5 and the #11 ORL from CHI but no way ORL likes #3 that much unless there was more added to the deal?
    It depends on what their board looks like...they could be very high on Smith Jr and he'd be a great fit.. if they value him that could be a deal they'd want...

I could also see them wanting a package centered around Devin....I don't know what that would look like though..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His FT shooting is sub 70%, and he’s shooing 34% from the college arc. There is NOTHING there that says Dame.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His FT shooting is sub 70%, and he’s shooing 34% from the college arc. There is NOTHING there that says Dame.
    Sample size

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a thread devoted to players who are not Wembanyama or Henderson, we spend an awful lot of posts on Wembanyama and Henderson.

Anyway, I'm pretty intrigued by Anthony Black, for Arkansas. He just ripped Kentucky twice in the half court for full-court buckets. He made a superb pass when the ball was kicked to him at the top of the three-point line; without coming down, he whipped it to a guy under the basket. Great vision, nice motor. Not sure where I place him, probably late lottery or late top 10.
    Really intrigued by Black too. A lot of tools, good IQ , good phyhsical attributes, can do a little bit of everything.

He could be the pick if the Spurs are outside the top 3-4.

For the moment i have George ahead of him in terms of guards. Nick Smith too but he is not playing actually.

George is more talented imo but lack some size and explosiveness.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really difficult to evaluate him based on his games at Arkansas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Black kinda reminds me of maybe what D. White was supposed to be for SA

Agree that Black's seeming lack of athleticism is the main criticism. He could get dusted at the NBA level

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really difficult to evaluate him based on his games at Arkansas.
    Are you talking about Nick, or Terquavion? Terq plays at NC state, and is at least in the size mold of Dame.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if anyone has mock drafts this time last year.
    Aggregate NBA mock draft 4.0: Duke's AJ Griffin is soaring back into the top tier

1. Jabari Smith
    2. Chet Holmgren
    3. Paolo Banchero
    4. Jaden Ivey
    5. AJ Griffin
    6. Johnny Davis
    7. Jalen Duren
    8. Keegan Murray
    9. Bennedict Mathurin
    10. TyTy Washington
    11. Jaden Hardy
    12. Kendall Brown
    13. Shaedon Sharpe
    14. Ochai Agbaji

19. Blake Wesley
    23. Jeremy Sochan
    87. Dominick Barlow
    Not in top 90. Malaki Branham

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I remember J Hardy was all hype this time last year. Sunk so far

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow Bran went from >90 to #20

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you talking about Nick, or Terquavion? Terq plays at NC state, and is at least in the size mold of Dame.
    Nick, i said Arkansas

Both are injured so i was thinking dbestpro talked about Nick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also remember C Houstan from Mich being super touted only to fall far but he's not on that mock

#32 overall but I remember him high in the first round in early mocks, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kinda weird how Keyonte has been falling like Kendal Brown did

Brown #12 mocked, went #46

Thread Information