Page 189 of 210 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 5238
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually I don't know what era you're living in but the left is clearly for segregation these days.
    im just taking DMC's "argument" at face value tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im just taking DMC's "argument" at face value tbh
    I mean yall did put a segregationist in the WH who's also a decomposing corpse with a crackhead pedo son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean yall did put a segregationist in the WH who's also a decomposing corpse with a crackhead pedo son.
    good thing he didnt give his son any actual position within government

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so "the left" justifies desegregation and caring for the sick and poor with religion. thats your critique and counter to RG's point that the right uses pseudoscience to justify inaction on climate change?
    You just moved the goalpost.

Do you admit that the left also uses their religious beliefs to make policy? Let's not jump to "ya but" just yet. Do you admit that or not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good thing he didnt give his son any actual position within government
    Sure he did... He's a consultant of sorts like a middle man between the big guy and Chyna! Also Ukraine and Russia!

You think one dimensional bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just moved the goalpost.

Do you admit that the left also uses their religious beliefs to make policy? Let's not jump to "ya but" just yet. Do you admit that or not?
    ive been the one asking you to name some policies that they justify with religion

so far are you have are vague quotes about caring for the poor and whatnot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ive been the one asking you to name some policies that they justify with religion

so far are you have are vague quotes about caring for the poor and whatnot
    I just showed you several quotes from prominent democrats that illustrate they follow their religious beliefs when making policy decisions. These quotes weren't made in church.

"and whatnot".

No.. I showed you statements of religious belief and adherence to those beliefs. Being "called on to act" means what to you, that Warren has aspirations in Hollywood?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Universal Basic Income is a beginning for followers of Christ, and all who believe in putting Humanity First, to begin to love our neighbors as ourselves and begin caring for and helping others the way we have been commanded.”- Andrew Yang

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just showed you several quotes from prominent democrats that illustrate they follow their religious beliefs when making policy decisions. These quotes weren't made in church.

"and whatnot".

No.. I showed you statements of religious belief and adherence to those beliefs. Being "called on to act" means what to you, that Warren has aspirations in Hollywood?
    You should've wrote down your stance on a yellow legal pad so SR's paralegal could do the leg work tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Universal Basic Income is a beginning for followers of Christ, and all who believe in putting Humanity First, to begin to love our neighbors as ourselves and begin caring for and helping others the way we have been commanded.”- Andrew Yang
    That says more about religion than Andrew Yang, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That says more about religion than Andrew Yang, IMO.
    He's the one who said it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “We put on the full armor of God so that we can stand our ground when we take on the rulers, the authorities, and the powers of this dark world.” -K Gillibrand

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"and whatnot".

again, i'm asking "what policy"

what policy does "the left" support that they justify with religion

this conversation started when RG pointed out a specific policy position held by conservatives (inaction on climate change) that they justify with pseudoscience. your responses was "but the left believes in god too!" i think you made a false equivalence (on top of a whataboutism). if you can point out some policy positions that are based on their pseudoscience (here, belief in god), then we can have that conversation. just showing that they believe in god is not making the point you think it does, any more than saying einstein's theory of relativity was justified by religion because he was religious
    Last edited by spurraider21; 06-27-2021 at 06:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's a misleading question. Do you admit the left espouses religious beliefs? If you do, then you're either saying they ignore their own beliefs when making policy or they are lying. The fact they mention their beliefs when talking about policy is evidence enough they rely on their moral upbringing through religion to form their worldviews. They believe in an afterlife, in a god. They cite Bible verses and interpret them in ways that support their decisions. You can dismiss that because they don't say "This policy is because of our religion" all you like, but the evidence is quite clear that people who believe in fairies and wizards and demons and are just as non-science as anyone else who believes the same . They just go to different churches.

Interesting how you've somehow allowed yourself to believe there's such a dichotomy between god believers based solely on climate change discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is funny to me though, is that the entire purpose of this thread is to expose pseudoscientific bull , and failed reasoning on the part of people who want to take the policy position that we should not do anything about climate change because it either isn't real or would have some unbearable burden on the economy.

Neither of those things is, in fact, true.

The only way you can support those beliefs is with failures of reasoning.

Every time your childish ass refuses to evaluate your own thinking, you prove my point.

Suck it.
    Dem leaders/GOP leaders... all believe in invisible sky daddy.

Talk more about pseudoscientific bull .

this conversation started when RG pointed out a specific policy position held by conservatives (inaction on climate change) that they justify with pseudoscience. your responses was "but the left believes in god too!" i think you made a false equivalence (on top of a whataboutism). if you can point out some policy positions that are based on their pseudoscience (here, belief in god), then we can have that conversation. just showing that they believe in god is not making the point you think it does, any more than saying einstein's theory of relativity was justified by religion because he was religious
    Since you're going to edit...

Typical tactic of the left/center-left here...

Left wing Poster A makes sloppy, broad brush comment, gets called out.
    Left wing Poster A makes a sloppy retort in defense
    Left wing Poster B shows up and makes a different defense, gets called out for the original claim
    Left wing Poster B denies ever making the original claim, even though poster B is defending it
    Left wing Poster C shows up, defends original claim, defends poster B
    Left wing Poster C gets called out, denies caring about the original claim, denies supporting Poster B, still wants a back and forth about the original claim.
    Left wing Poster D shows up, posts a strawman meme about the attack on the original claim
    The responses pretty much cease because of the web of that's developed,
    Left wing Poster E calls fold

rinse and repeat
    Highlighted is where are are in this evolution

RG didn't say they justify it with religion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a misleading question. Do you admit the left espouses religious beliefs? If you do, then you're either saying they ignore their own beliefs when making policy or they are lying. The fact they mention their beliefs when talking about policy is evidence enough they rely on their moral upbringing through religion to form their worldviews. They believe in an afterlife, in a god. They cite Bible verses and interpret them in ways that support their decisions. You can dismiss that because they don't say "This policy is because of our religion" all you like, but the evidence is quite clear that people who believe in fairies and wizards and demons and are just as non-science as anyone else who believes the same . They just go to different churches.

Interesting how you've somehow allowed yourself to believe there's such a dichotomy between god believers based solely on climate change discussion.
    its possible they hold personal beliefs but dont base their policy positions on it. secularism doesnt call for atheism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is funny to me though, is that the entire purpose of this thread is to expose pseudoscientific bull , and failed reasoning on the part of people who want to take the policy position that we should not do anything about climate change because it either isn't real or would have some unbearable burden on the economy.

Neither of those things is, in fact, true.

The only way you can support those beliefs is with failures of reasoning.

Every time your childish ass refuses to evaluate your own thinking, you prove my point.

Suck it.
    DMC its right there. his concern was people in positions of power dictating policy which they justify with dumb beliefs. the fact that other people might also hold dumb beliefs isn't relevant unless you can demonstrate that they justify their positions with those beliefs

typical tactic of DMC

1 - tries to pick a fight
    2 - gets on
    3 - rinse, repeat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its possible they hold personal beliefs but dont base their policy positions on it. secularism doesnt call for atheism
    Your preference seems to be what you just said is possible. There are a lot of possibilities. You're not under oath, no need to pretend to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC its right there. his concern was people in positions of power dictating policy which they justify with dumb beliefs. the fact that other people might also hold dumb beliefs isn't relevant unless you can demonstrate that they justify their positions with those beliefs
    Dumb beliefs aren't restricted to religious beliefs. People who can believe the deontological explanation for reality really shouldn't throw epistemological stones. The notion that people act outside of their core beliefs requires some evidence, not just lip service.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your preference seems to be what you just said is possible. There are a lot of possibilities. You're not under oath, no need to pretend to be.
    of course my preference is secularism. its part of why i lean left. what's your point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course my preference is secularism. its part of why i lean left. what's your point?
    Don't be obtuse. You only showed the possibility that agrees with the direction you want this to go, a confirmation bias based possibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb beliefs aren't restricted to religious beliefs. People who can believe the deontological explanation for reality really shouldn't throw epistemological stones. The notion that people act outside of their core beliefs requires some evidence, not just lip service.
    or you can just look at what their policy positions are and see if they are specifically justified by their stated religious beliefs. ive given you every opportunity to make that demonstration for the left. you've punted every time. meanwhile, we can do that with the right for a number of issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be obtuse. You only showed the possibility that agrees with the direction you want this to go, a confirmation bias based possibility.
    ive given you every opportunity to make your case. the problem is you didnt really think this out before you just wanted to blurt out something about the left being bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or you can just look at what their policy positions are and see if they are specifically justified by their stated religious beliefs. ive given you every opportunity to make that demonstration for the left. you've punted every time. meanwhile, we can do that with the right for a number of issues.
    That would certainly relieve you of the burden that comes from knowing they confessed their beliefs, their armor of god, their call to action from God.

You moved the goalpost. I have no reason to consider leftwing poster B's misdirection anything but what it is, and you've skipped a few posters in your declaration of "fold".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would certainly relieve you of the burden that comes from knowing they confessed their beliefs, their armor of god, their call to action from God.

You moved the goalpost. I have no reason to consider leftwing poster B's misdirection anything but what it is, and you've skipped a few posters in your declaration of "fold".
    He can't do this without his paralegal's yellow legal pad with all her answers on it. This will have to wait until he's back in the office tomorrow.

Thread Information