Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They certainly are not untouchable but the spurs front office can not give them away
    Mills yes not those two

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they would only make them available for a top draft pick they like, most likely nothing will happen.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White would be a key bench PG for a contending team that can deal with his DNPs

Dejounte I want to believe in as our current and future top dog... but for me he has a year to get rid of the flaming hot garbage stints he shows ... wouldnt cry if eitherr were traded for the right deal

Dumping Lonnie i think is addition by subtraction

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny that this 'news' comes from Zach Harper

Of course the 'news' is absurd and obvious. Spurs willing to trade non-franchise players who don't even command max money for the right offer? Wow!

But it's fitting that' it's Harper who is an un-seriious 'jokey' style media person. He's not Zach Lowe, he has no sources. He gets by by making quips and trying to be one of those 'funny' NBA media people.

But because no one looks to him for serious news or commentary, he knows he has to trawl the ignored underserved fanbases to get any attention. Nobody serious gives a damn about reporting on the Spurs, so there's an avenue for cheap attention by quipsters. It's a living, I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just more non news. Spurs "could" rebuild or "could" keep demar. Pop "could"retire blah blah blah

Still find it hard to believe spurs deal white after just giving him that fat extension. Not to mention pops love affair with dejounte

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said in the other thread:

1) DJ, as we all know, is a social media diva. He would be blowing up his IG or Twitter if it was anywhere close to truth. Dude is all about loyalty, and probably would have unfollowed the Spurs on all his accounts.

2) Spurs going to let this come out while Pop is not in town to sooth his sons and tell them “Son, it’s okay. Everything will be fine”? I don’t think so. He’s not gonna throw away 5 years or so of having a relationship with these two and then say “see you later” on the phone when a trade is accepted. It wouldn’t sound personable, which we know is his reputation with players he cares about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs view Dejounte as their now and future leader.

If this rumor gains traction the Spurs might take the rare (for them) step of publicly denying it. If they really value Dejounte, that is (and they seem to).

I think the Spurs feel their rebuild is going reasonably well. That said, they also likely feel they need a significant addition to shake things up, not just someone to address their shooting needs or be a great glue guy.

In the end, when all things are said and done, more things are usually said than done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This sounds like the Becky Hammon stuff coming out of Portland, just sheer made-up bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurstalk seems to fluctuate a lot between "CIA POP" and "If the players knew this they'd be talking about it."

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The article does not mention that tbe spurs are looking to make a move. It merely predicts they could be available if they choose to want to make a move. The good old fashioned "if they could make a move they could trade some pieces" shtick to generate clicks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This all comes from that Hawks insider. Apparently, they’re available, but the Spurs want a big price, so probably nothing happens. I don’t think they’re “shopping them”, rather, this is probably feedback from GMs who’ve called SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I don’t believe either Dejounte or DWhite will get traded, it does make one wonder what their value is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate to beat a dead horse, but the Spurs just haven't recovered yet from the knock out blow of Kawhi demanding a trade. A trio of White/Murray/Kawhi would've been pretty damned good, and that's the background those guys were drafted with. I think they became muddled for a couple of years thinking the two pronged mid range attack thing might work, but it clearly didn't, and now it's time to refocus. I hope they will be a little more aggressive than usual because it seems like that's necessary now. Continuity and "corporate knowledge" are great concepts when you have Timmy, Manu, and Tony, but I don't know if it holds water with the current roster. Look at the final four teams in the playoffs: Phoenix is led by new player CP3, Milwaukee's Big 3 was finalized by adding Jrue, Kawhi and PG have only played together for two years, and nearly all of Brooklyn's roster is newly assembled. Continuity works with Hall of Famers a tad better than it does with a bunch of mostly middling role players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it would be scandalous if the spurs were not putting their best assets for sale, but not fire sale.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White would be a key bench PG for a contending team that can deal with his DNPs

Dejounte I want to believe in as our current and future top dog... but for me he has a year to get rid of the flaming hot garbage stints he shows ... wouldnt cry if eitherr were traded for the right deal

Dumping Lonnie i think is addition by subtraction
    Agreed on all counts. White needs to stay healthy and Murray needs to expand his shot next season but the Spurs would be foolish to deal either unless they get a high return. They s/b trying to dump Walker and work a sign and trade to offload Derozan to the Fake Show.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd just like to say for long time there have been lot of ignorant comments about White's durability...dude landed on jakobs foot...his ankle didn't freaking give out on its own...freak accident that happens a lot in nba u don't blame the player n call them injury prone for that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd just like to say for long time there have been lot of ignorant comments about White's durability...dude landed on jakobs foot...his ankle didn't freaking give out on its own...freak accident that happens a lot in nba u don't blame the player n call them injury prone for that
    Injury prone means normal accidents and wear and tear affect a player worse than others. This season there were lots of injuries because bodies were pushed to their limit. Derrick White might just always be at that point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh neither are very good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've felt more so than ever that the Murray and White duo is never going to work without doing some rotational trickery to reduce shared minutes.

Walker is possibly our best shooter next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker needs to make a dramatic step up next season in playing smart basketball understanding how to play individual and team defense. He also needs to be doing some boxing or judo because he is scarred of contact and I think those sports teaches you how to take a hit or fall and keep going - Right now the biggest obstacle for Walker is himself, he just needs to believe and work hard and let it happen

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've felt more so than ever that the Murray and White duo is never going to work without doing some rotational trickery to reduce shared minutes.

Walker is possibly our best shooter next year.
    Walker still is our best shot at a three level scorer, Murray and White pretty much bring the same thing to the table. White is is closes to his ceiling.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker needs to make a dramatic step up next season in playing smart basketball understanding how to play individual and team defense. He also needs to be doing some boxing or judo because he is scarred of contact and I think those sports teaches you how to take a hit or fall and keep going - Right now the biggest obstacle for Walker is himself, he just needs to believe and work hard and let it happen
    What he needs is a consistent role, and plays designed to get him the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is nonsense. Zach Harper has never really broken any news or come up with any trade insights ever.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense for a high pick in this draft. I really like Keon Johnson if we are rebuilding the next 2 years. White+12 for Wiggins+7. Bouknight is also an option. Don't think they can get you in the top 6.

Thread Information