Page 126 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    watched a little bit of giddey in the garbage time minutes he had against nigeria last night. he definitely has a point guard mentality and he can pass but he was a little sloppy with the ball and did get beat on defense a couple of time. but he will definitely be a QB on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s going to be a lot of solid undrafted players this season. I think we will be able to find decent sized shooters this way.

A guy like UVA’s Sam Hauser comes to mind as one of many. This class is pretty damn deep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by ace3g; 07-14-2021 at 06:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ+12 for Scottie Barnes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought about DJ + 12 for pick 6 to select Barnes but I don’t think it’s worth it for the spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought about DJ + 12 for pick 6 to select Barnes but I don’t think it’s worth it for the spurs
    Well it has to work for both teams. Scottie replaces DJ well because Scottie is a point-forward and should mesh well with White and Poetl. White, Vassell, Johnson, Barnes, Poetl as a SL should put us back in the mix real soon. Then Tre, Walker IV, Samanic, and Dieng off the bench. Yea, I’d like our team for sure.
    Last edited by SpursDynasty85; 07-14-2021 at 07:26 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs workout Isaiah Miller, Jordan Goodwin, and AJ Lawson.

Draft tracker

Interview only

• Keon Johnson
    • Kai Jones
    • Corey Kispert
    • LJ Figueroa

Workout + Interview

• Josh Primo
    • Chris Duarte
    • Trey Murphy III
    • Tre Mann
    • Joe Wieskamp
    • Austin Reaves
    • Romeo Weems
    • MaCio Teague
    • Yves Pons
    • Ethan Thompson
    • Terry Taylor
    • Jaden Springer
    • Colbey Ross
    • Isaiah Miller
    • AJ Lawson
    • Vrenz Bleijenbergh
    • Jordan Goodwin
    • Sandro Mamukelashvili
    • Jordan Burns

Workout + Interview, but went back to college

• Jordan Hall
    • Davion Mintz

Methinks Spurs are trying to find Jeff Ledbetter / London Perrantes replacements... players who can be leaders for the Austin team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we're at it can we have DJ + 12 for Evan Mobley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You wonder with the talent Texas had and the lack of playing time afforded to players that will be drafted is the coaching of the sucky nature.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You wonder with the talent Texas had and the lack of playing time afforded to players that will be drafted is the coaching of the sucky nature.
    Or they’re not very good? Let’s not assume these guys won’t bust yet. And we’re only talking about two players: Kai and Greg. Greg might not he drafted until the second round, if at all. A lot of red flags with that guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s hard to evaluate Texas players for sure but they have a few big men who have been successful in the NBA. I don’t want Kai Jones over some other players but I think he’ll have a decent career if his 3pt shot becomes a weapon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    14 Days until the Draft!

Two weeks my friends!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it's because they were bad at basketball. I think Smart got out of there, too, because Longhorn athletic culture is extremely toxic and the donors are awful.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read one site that thought Jherico Sims could have a career as a defensive 12th man, also implying that Brown and Kai would bust. It was an interesting take. Sims might go undrafted. The Toros should kick the tires with him.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More UT stuff:

https://www.theringer.com/2021/7/15/...2021-nba-draft

The le seems so wrong it was hard to take any of it seriously. Kai Jones is the opposite of a sleeper, he’s overhyped if anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More UT stuff:

https://www.theringer.com/2021/7/15/...2021-nba-draft

The le seems so wrong it was hard to take any of it seriously. Kai Jones is the opposite of a sleeper, he’s overhyped if anything.
    IMO, there’s more incentive for writers to overhype prospects, than to do the opposite and on them (even though it may be more truthful). Doing the latter will make you unpopular with readers, as readers are typically irrationally in love with prospects… as we’ve seen on this board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaka Smart I think to be a poor coach. His teams never ran anything close to a competent offense. Quite the opposite high picks and one on one.
    His teams were never resourceful and were constantly beaten by less talented teams.

His players Jones, Brown and Sims all should have been better. The one constant is Shaka who in my opinion Is thankfully gone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaka Smart I think to be a poor coach. His teams never ran anything close to a competent offense. Quite the opposite high picks and one on one.
    His teams were never resourceful and were constantly beaten by less talented teams.

His players Jones, Brown and Sims all should have been better. The one constant is Shaka who in my opinion Is thankfully gone
    I never understood why he didn't run his famous full court press more often. Didn't do what made him famous...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, there’s more incentive for writers to overhype prospects, than to do the opposite and on them (even though it may be more truthful). Doing the latter will make you unpopular with readers, as readers are typically irrationally in love with prospects… as we’ve seen on this board.
    I find The Ringer to be particularly egregious. Very hot-take, very clickbait. Their recent youtube mock draft was generally terrible. One of the guys is clearly auditioning for Skip/Stephen A. Screamer's position. If you don't want to actually analyze and discuss sports, don't. Go into the circus or design video games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never understood why he didn't run his famous full court press more often. Didn't do what made him famous...
    We'll see what happens at Marquette. My sense is he didn't have the players he needed at Texas to run smart, trapping defenses and he may have had interior pressure on what he could do. He was out of there like a bat out of . I'd hate to work for UT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scottie is going to contribute right away and might look like the best player early on but I think the top 3 guys will all battle out for years as to who is the best. Really exciting potential between Cade, Green, and Mobley.

if there’s any package the spurs can put together (there isn’t) - that would be the scenario in which DJ, Derrick, or any one else would be “gettable” as stated in recent reports.

Shaka seems like a decent morale, rahrah guy but good lord his players fundamentally look broken. Kai is for sure a hard worker though, just have to hope that the work he’s putting in is good work, but his shot mechanics don’t look it sadly. Could be hard to unlearn some bad habits but not impossible. If he can put the ball on the floor and develop in the mold of an open court ball handler with his gifts, might not matter if he learns to shoot.

I don’t think there’s any losing for the spurs at 12 tbh. Good options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll see what happens at Marquette. My sense is he didn't have the players he needed at Texas to run smart, trapping defenses and he may have had interior pressure on what he could do. He was out of there like a bat out of . I'd hate to work for UT.
    How all of this translate into how do you judge UT draft prospects complicates the situation.
    Sims is such a freak. Jones and Brown alluring.
    Hard to say what to think of all of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see the reasoning behind all the Evan Mobley hype. He seems like a possible drop out of the top 10 kind of guy in this years draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scottie is going to contribute right away and might look like the best player early on but I think the top 3 guys will all battle out for years as to who is the best. Really exciting potential between Cade, Green, and Mobley.

if there’s any package the spurs can put together (there isn’t) - that would be the scenario in which DJ, Derrick, or any one else would be “gettable” as stated in recent reports.
    I don't believe in any of the top 5 guys. To be fair, I've never watched Mobley, so will just go on faith he'll be at least decent. Cunningham has pretty big warning signs. I don't believe in the G-League guys at all, although Green should be far better than Kuminga, although that says more about Kuminga than anything else. Suggs is interesting and very compe ive at least. Everyone at the top of the lottery has huge question marks to me. Really risky taking 'high upside' guys who never played any compe ive basketball whatsoever and look great in glorified exhibition games.

Then you move into players like Barnes and Bouknight and there's no sure things anywhere. Gotta do your due diligence and make shrewd choices.

Thread Information