Post Count
    I dont think he's overrated anymore tbh, secret's out
    True. At this pointed he's Rated.
    Properly so.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why fans take rumors like this seriously and get worked up over them.

Even if true, it's negotiation 101 to start unreasonably high, so when you inevitably come down to a more realistic level, you can pretend you made concessions.

He knows no team is giving up that much (even a starless, wannabe "compe ive" one like this). He just wants to cast a wide net and let teams like the Raptors know he's not handing him to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons is not a franchise player unless all of a sudden he can start hitting close to 40% of three point shots he takes and even then I still don’t know if he is a franchise player. He’s a borderline All Star at best. If I’m the Spurs I would only trade for Simmons if DeRozan says he wants to go there. Then you can do a S&T deal involving Simmons so that you get something outta DeRozan leaving.
    Actually, if he hit 35% at decent volume, like 4 per game, and got his FTs up to 70%, he’d be in the conversation for MVP. I mean, he has NO shot right now, and still gets to the rim and scores at a very efficient rate, AND he dishes out 8apg. If he shot 40% from 3, and 80% from the FT line, with his other skills and D, he’d be a shoo in HOF selection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, if he hit 35% at decent volume, like 4 per game, and got his FTs up to 70%, he’d be in the conversation for MVP. I mean, he has NO shot right now, and still gets to the rim and scores at a very efficient rate, AND he dishes out 8apg. If he shot 40% from 3, and 80% from the FT line, with his other skills and D, he’d be a shoo in HOF selection.
    He'd be a taller Kawhi with better passing and playmaking skills, but still mentally soft as camembert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why fans take rumors like this seriously and get worked up over them.

Even if true, it's negotiation 101 to start unreasonably high, so when you inevitably come down to a more realistic level, you can pretend you made concessions.

He knows no team is giving up that much (even a starless, wannabe "compe ive" one like this). He just wants to cast a wide net and let teams like the Raptors know he's not handing him to them.
    There's starting high and then there's embarrassing yourself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's starting high and then there's embarrassing yourself.
    If it were anyone but the Spurs, I'd agree . . . but they are the team that just handed a player who defecated on them and a team that was stuck, an opportunity of being a Curry/Durant injury away from a tainted championship and unearned reputation by making the worst "trade" in history.

After that and various other absurd the moment they happened moves in recent years, they deserve to have the other 29 teams treat them like idiots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Simmons was a player to build around I would encourage this deal, however Simmons is not. He's a decedent player to have to round out your stars though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it were anyone but the Spurs, I'd agree . . . but they are the team that just handed a player who defecated on them and a team that was stuck, an opportunity of being a Curry/Durant injury away from a tainted championship and unearned reputation by making the worst "trade" in history.

After that and various other absurd the moment they happened moves in recent years, they deserve to have the other 29 teams treat them like idiots.
    These seem like words, but I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These seem like words, but I have no idea what you're trying to say.
    Sure you don't, apologist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But yeah, I hope our FO just laughed as hard as they could on that call.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure you don't, apologist.
    No, seriously bro, it's just gibberish. Can you post again after you stop having a stroke?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But yeah, I hope our FO just laughed as hard as they could on that call.

It was a video call apparently. You can hear Brian's name mentioned:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean if there's a dumb enough FO out there to accept the deal, I'd definitely target the one that paid the Raptors to win a championship, signed Demarre Carroll, extended LMA for no reason, traded Bertans away for nothing, got cucked by Marcus Morris....

on Morey all you want but he was fishing in the right spot tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean if there's a dumb enough FO out there to accept the deal, I'd definitely target the one that paid the Raptors to win a championship, signed Demarre Carroll, extended LMA for no reason, traded Bertans away for nothing, got cucked by Marcus Morris....

Damn, son, do you ever talk about anything else?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically the Lakers could end up with Derozan and Westbrook. That is a weird team in the sense that both Derozan and Westbrook can't shoot 3's so the spacing on that team would be terrible.
    I don't know who munn is. But it sounds all over the place. Very much in line with Lakers fan scenarios where they basically wanna trade their crap for all star players they can get.

But assuming it's true, then that's great. Unless lebron carries. They're not gonna win with that weird ass lineup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, son, do you ever talk about anything else?
    "Leave Pop and Brian alone"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just putting pressure on Simmons. It's like quoting someone 40K to replace their dishwasher. If they go for it, you scored big. If they don't, good, you didn't want to replace a dishwasher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You didn't even mention 50 mills

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw this comment on a pounding the rock thread...

From Joshua Munn on youtube, take it with a grain of salt

From what I’m hearing from my source: Lakers, Spurs, Wizards, Warriors, Raptors and 76ers are all in talks for possibly the biggest trade in NBA history the ultimate game changer where the Lakers and Warriors become superteams receiving DeMar DeRozen who may sign the MLE if the Spurs don’t agree to the deal. But they’re agreeing to terms right now to receive a few players they want Beal but are settled on Ben Simmons. Kelly Oubre and Kyle Kuzma and Montrezl Harrell most likely or the Spurs who would get possibly Kelly Oubre or Andrew Wiggins, Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, THT, Alfonso McKinnie in a sign and trade, all of these in sign and trades.

Trezz only agreed to opt in to be traded to either the Spurs or Raptors along with Dennis Schroder, KCP is now on the chopping block and so is Marc Gasol because the Raptors want him back to take Schroder and Talen Horton Tucker. The plan is Russell Westbrook has been in communication with LeBron that he wants to be a Laker whatever the cost. LeBron tells him that they are looking to put Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozen via sign and trades and Spencer Dinwiddie for the MLE on the team but now Dinwiddie currently is thinking of taking a veteran minimum deal to play with this crazy line up proposed by Russell Westbrook.

LeBron who after his current deal expires plans to re-sign a 3-4 year deal with the Lakers with Davis signing 3+1 deal as well with the Lakers with DeRozen if they can get Westbrook and Lowry via sign and trades that I just mentioned a few sentences ago and Pelinka and Jeanie think they can pull this off and Jeanie is creaming herself over all this: DeRozen taking significantly less money this year the MLE to sign and ring guaranteed chase in a starting line-up after a possible six team trade one of the team’s not mentioned including the 76ers who would send Ben Simmons to either the Spurs or Warriors, Spurs are more likely.

While the Lakers next season have a starting line-up of LeBron, AD, DeRozen who would re-sign in the off-season a 5 year max after taking the MLE this season, Russell Westbrook and Kyle Lowry who would spend the rest of their careers in L.A. signing 4-7 year deals respectively (Lowry signs 4 and after Russ’s 2 years are up he signs 5). Dinwiddie if the Lakers pull this off will take the veteran minimum and be the second option PG, Russ would play SG, DeRozen would play SF, LeBron would be PF, Davis is willing to play C with Cousins as the secondary. If the Lakers can only get 2/3 players especially only Lowry and DeRozen then Dinwiddie takes the MLE himself only saving it for DeRozen.
    You can’t sign a 1 year MLE. DDR isn’t signing a 3 year MLE contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I've said, Simmons would be far and away the best player on the Spurs' roster. They absolutely should do their due diligence and keep in contact with Morey to see if they can snag him for a good price (basically Murray, maybe Poeltl and sweeteners). Failing that, they should see if their cap space could be useful in a Simmons trade, as having a third team with cap space could help the principle traders get better packages ... for a fee, of course. It could be something small like taking back a bad player on an expiring contract and get a 28-for-41 swap in return. They shouldn't be making all-in trades with the roster they have, but they need to be active in these deals. Tank or no tank, there's no reason why they should be looking at their roster and think adding a couple of rookies is the only thing they should do as it relates to the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can’t sign a 1 year MLE. DDR isn’t signing a 3 year MLE contract.
    Yes you can sign a one-year MLE. You can't sign a one-year S&T. Of course the trade suggestion you're quoting is , especially for the Spurs if anyone's bothered to parse that mess. Also, one year of the MLE hardly helps get DeMar more money. He'd almost certainly prefer his next team having his Bird rights, so that's an S&T.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should not trade draft picks. they will be in the lottery for the foreseeable future their best chance to improve the roster is through the draft.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I've said, Simmons would be far and away the best player on the Spurs' roster. They absolutely should do their due diligence and keep in contact with Morey to see if they can snag him for a good price (basically Murray, maybe Poeltl and sweeteners). Failing that, they should see if their cap space could be useful in a Simmons trade, as having a third team with cap space could help the principle traders get better packages ... for a fee, of course. It could be something small like taking back a bad player on an expiring contract and get a 28-for-41 swap in return. They shouldn't be making all-in trades with the roster they have, but they need to be active in these deals. Tank or no tank, there's no reason why they should be looking at their roster and think adding a couple of rookies is the only thing they should do as it relates to the draft.
    Murray and Poetl are garbage and overrated by Spur fans.

Thread Information