Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dudes an obvious troll
    Weak one at it too. Not on Timmy2Zo's (RIP) level.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm primed and ready for this moment. What's it like? How does it feel when you finally get it? It's been elusive all my life
    Total shock. I wanted to be alone then to dwell in the horrible losses and reflect what (the victory) mean't against those catastrophic losses. How vengeance had been achieved not for me, but for Kobe, and Magic, Daddy, Artest, everybody who'd ever been wronged by Media. Relive it all in a terrible rush of emotion and ranting in the house. Tears would come, phone calls to the children. Then of course waking during the night on the old couch secure in the knowledge that it was over. Over-over, and could not be taken from me. Replaying it back in minute detail.

I'm happy for ya, ill. I truly am.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm primed and ready for this moment. What's it like? How does it feel when you finally get it? It's been elusive all my life
    It's like decades of frustration and pain being all of a sudden worth it and making it that much sweeter. Blowing the 3-1 lead to Washington in the 79 ECF, blowing a sure trip to the Finals in 81 losing to the Rockets in 7, Artis Gilmore not even getting the shot of to force Game 7 against the Lakers in the 83 WCF, Johnny Moore's desert fever in 86, Rod Strickland throwing that no look pass right to Jerome Kersey to blow Game 7 of the 1990 series, losing to the 7-seed Warriors in 91 (after Larry King told the world he was picking the Spurs to win the le in an episode of the Simpsons), Olajuwon ripping away what was supposed to be the Spurs le in 95, Karl Malone kicking Tim Duncan and David Robinson in the nuts and getting free throws for the three point play out of it to close Games 1 and 2 in 1998... all of that showing how hard it is to win a le, practically flashing before my eyes when with ten seconds or so David Robinson missed a shot off the backboard, barely grabbed the offensive board, and chunked it back out for Avery Johnson to throw up a desperation three to beat the shot clock while taking as much time off the clock as possible, getting the game clock down to 2 seconds with Spurs up 78-77. And it hit me, holy , the Spurs are clinching in the next two minutes and that was longest commercial break of my life. Went and grabbed and hugged my closest friend who also lived and died with the team (just lost him to COVID a couple of months ago, RIP) who I was watching the game with once David Robinson and Tim Duncan forced a Sprewell airball at the buzzer. Fans went and shut down IH-37 to party on the highway. Mario Elie went crazy when he saw me wearing his jersey at the parade. The city felt crazy, we had known nothing but playoff frustration and bitter losses and all of a sudden it was our guys making everyone else feel that way.

Hope you get the chance to experience similar in a couple of weeks when hopefully CP3, Monty, Booker, and Ayton are holding up the O'Brien.

EDIT: Here's the play, at about the 2:04:00 mark I was talking about where it first really hit me tjat holy ing , the Spurs were actually about to become champions:

Last edited by baseline bum; 07-01-2021 at 12:25 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns fans been edging for decades, going to be a cloud over Phoenix.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    It's like decades of frustration and pain being all of a sudden worth it and making it that much sweeter. Blowing the 3-1 lead to Washington in the 79 ECF, blowing a sure trip to the Finals in 81 losing to the Rockets in 7, Artis Gilmore not even getting the shot of to force Game 7 against the Lakers in the 83 WCF, Johnny Moore's desert fever in 86, Rod Strickland throwing that no look pass right to Jerome Kersey to blow Game 7 of the 1990 series, losing to the 7-seed Warriors in 91 (after Larry King told the world he was picking the Spurs to win the le in an episode of the Simpsons), Olajuwon ripping away what was supposed to be the Spurs le in 95, Karl Malone kicking Tim Duncan and David Robinson in the nuts and getting free throws for the three point play out of it to close Games 1 and 2 in 1998... all of that showing how hard it is to win a le, practically flashing before my eyes when with ten seconds or so David Robinson missed a shot off the backboard, barely grabbed the offensive board, and chunked it back out for Avery Johnson to throw up a desperation three to beat the shot clock while taking as much time off the clock as possible, getting the game clock down to 2 seconds with Spurs up 78-77. And it hit me, holy , the Spurs are clinching in the next two minutes and that was longest commercial break of my life. Went and grabbed and hugged my closest friend who also lived and died with the team (just lost him to COVID a couple of months ago, RIP) who I was watching the game with once David Robinson and Tim Duncan forced a Sprewell airball at the buzzer. Fans went and shut down IH-37 to party on the highway. Mario Elie went crazy when he saw me wearing his jersey at the parade. The city felt crazy, we had known nothing but playoff frustration and bitter losses and all of a sudden it was our guys making everyone else feel that way.

Hope you get the chance to experience similar in a couple of weeks when hopefully CP3, Monty, Booker, and Ayton are holding up the O'Brien.

EDIT: Here's the play, at about the 2:04:00 mark I was talking about where it first really hit me tjat holy ing , the Spurs were actually about to become champions:

Thank you for this baseline, that was a great read. It's all love over here. I've never hated the spurs, it's always been admiration from one small market team to another. I hope this is worth the struggle we've ensured since the organizations inception. I truly thought I'd die before the Suns rang. I hope it happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, this commercial at the 10:51 mark below played right after clinching. Funny story but that dunk by Mario Elie shown there was in Game 2 of the Finals and my friend who just died of COVID, his sister, my brother, and I were holding this enormous sign in the timeout right after that dunk saying "You can't spell believe without ELIE" which got a big roar from the crowd at the Alamodome when they showed us holding it up from our seats about 20 rows behind the Spurs basket.

If you can swing it any way, really try to get Finals tickets.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Total shock. I wanted to be alone then to dwell in the horrible losses and reflect what (the victory) mean't against those catastrophic losses. How vengeance had been achieved not for me, but for Kobe, and Magic, Daddy, Artest, everybody who'd ever been wronged by Media. Relive it all in a terrible rush of emotion and ranting in the house. Tears would come, phone calls to the children. Then of course waking during the night on the old couch secure in the knowledge that it was over. Over-over, and could not be taken from me. Replaying it back in minute detail.

Thanks Cully. I've got my fingers crossed it happens, I feel like so many bad things have happened to us right before we win that I'm almost expecting it to happen.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Also, this commercial at the 10:51 mark below played right after clinching. Funny story but that dunk by Mario Elie shown there was in Game 2 of the Finals and my friend who just died of COVID, his sister, my brother, and I were holding this enormous sign in the timeout right after that dunk saying "You can't spell believe without ELIE" which got a big roar from the crowd at the Alamodome when they showed us holding it up from our seats about 20 rows behind the Spurs basket.

If you can swing it any way, really try to get Finals tickets.

I would but I have a big vacation planned a week after the finals. I wish I had the money, I'd definitely spring for some finals tickets. I just got my gf into the team this year and she's surprisingly really into the team so it's been fun enjoying this ride with her.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you for this baseline, that was a great read. It's all love over here. I've never hated the spurs, it's always been admiration from one small market team to another. I hope this is worth the struggle we've ensured since the organizations inception. I truly thought I'd die before the Suns rang. I hope it happens.
    I really don't think Chris Paul is going to let you guys lose this one. The gear he kicked it into tonight was legendary. 41 points, 7-8 from the arc, 8 assists, 3 steals, 0 turnovers, and practically stopping that Clippers run by his damn self. I can't lie, I hated the Suns in 07 because that team was ing good. I know a series can change in a second with injuries, but the Suns are going to be rested, they're going to be healthier, and they've been impressive as the entire postseason after a strong season and I don't expect any of that to change in the Finals. Hope you guys get those four; I think you will. Way more complete of a team than anyone in the East.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I really don't think Chris Paul is going to let you guys lose this one. The gear he kicked it into tonight was legendary. 41 points, 7-8 from the arc, 8 assists, 3 steals, 0 turnovers, and practically stopping that Clippers run by his damn self. I can't lie, I hated the Suns in 07 because that team was ing good. I know a series can change in a second with injuries, but the Suns are going to be rested, they're going to be healthier, and they've been impressive as the entire postseason after a strong season and I don't expect any of that to change in the Finals. Hope you guys get those four; I think you will. Way more complete of a team than anyone in the East.
    Yeah he went legendary in the 3rd and 4th. I just ready he has torn ligaments in his right hand.

Both Trae Young and Giannis are hurt too though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Artest talking about Kobe passing him the ball for that three vs Boston will never stop being funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he went legendary in the 3rd and 4th. I just ready he has torn ligaments in his right hand.

Both Trae Young and Giannis are hurt too though.
    Damn that's rough to hear, but it's not like tonight is the only team he has carried his team in a huge playoff game hurt. He took out my Spurs in Game 7 of 2015 on one leg with a performance that felt just like Isiah in Game 6 of the 88 Finals. Thought the Spurs had that wrapped up when he hurt his knee in the first half only for him to come destroy the Spurs in the second half including the game winner with a second left over Duncan. That shot still pisses me off because Danny Green was all up in his and Duncan made a great contest on the double team.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    It does because this is a team that had the talent. Kawhi motivated them, but he was needed at the end of the day. Hope he recovers well, but him being healthy was a lock for the Clips winning it all.
    you said he wasn't hurt at all and that sitting out was simply a motivation tool

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you said he wasn't hurt at all and that sitting out was simply a motivation tool
    Well wait for Game 7 before casting stones

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Clipper Nation getcho hummingbird ass in here and this shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Suns better ring this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL that autistic and his got uncle throwing the Clippers' doctors under the bus.
    if it aint uncle diagnosis, it aint the right diagnosis.

Leonard might be too autistic to realize that Dennis is not a doctor and he's only concern is his next meal through his nephew contract.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Thanks Cully. I've got my fingers crossed it happens, I feel like so many bad things have happened to us right before we win that I'm almost expecting it to happen.
    Mavs have had our battles with the Suns. Used to clown them (sons ) But at this point sorta hoping they win; although I would like to see it vs a healthy Bucks team so people don't question the legitimacy of it because I don't think that's fair.

When it finally happens you will be walking on the fvcking clouds for the next 3 months. 2011 was surreal to me. Little brother Mavs finally punching all these mofos in the mouth.

Good luck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I don’t really care who wins if it wasn’t for the Suns fans in here. Best of lucky guys, rooting for you.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mavs have had our battles with the Suns. Used to clown them (sons ) But at this point sorta hoping they win; although I would like to see it vs a healthy Bucks team so people don't question the legitimacy of it because I don't think that's fair.

When it finally happens you will be walking on the fvcking clouds for the next 3 months. 2011 was surreal to me. Little brother Mavs finally punching all these mofos in the mouth.

Good luck.
    What really bugged me no end when you rang was not you ringing per se, or, Nowitski getting straightened out, bless his heart ---it was that GD Stoyjakovic. GD IT! That SOB got right with the world because he was there. SOB! We'd denied him his salvation in Sacramento during that circa and I thought he was forever scorned, but no he got it and I grudge it to this day. At least that Doug Christie didn't come to Dallas and get one.

Good days though. I never saw anyone hotter than Nowitski during those playoffs and Finals. It was an act of God.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Artest talking about Kobe passing him the ball for that three vs Boston will never stop being funny.
    bum? bum! buuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm! 6am of a Thursday, I'm about to go back to couch and I find you've granted on the Cubby. Tears are streaming, bum.

The old bumster!!!

I'm done in, kids. I'm going to let the rest of this cascade of tears fall upon my pillow on the old couch...I...I,,,I,,,there are no words...

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Lue actually did pretty good with what he had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if it aint uncle diagnosis, it aint the right diagnosis.

Leonard might be too autistic to realize that Dennis is not a doctor and he's only concern is his next meal through his nephew contract.
    He could ask you, you've been drinking his so long you should be able to provide a semen panel.

Thread Information