My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jims is crap... go to Torchys Taco's!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Near Halifax. I’m originally from Montreal. Still 3 flights away from SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You might as well get you a good Texas steak. If $ is not object and you want to go upscale, try the strip at Outback. For Filet, you can't beat Texas Roadhouse.
    If you're on a budget, you'll still be pleased with Applebee's steak and shrimp.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do the Four Horseman challenge just before the game! That’s what I do!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For southtown restaurants I recommend Taco Haven (check the hours though) or Rosario’s.
    Yeah Rosario's is great. I would also mention the iconic Mi Tierra's....it's like visiting Mexico with all the shops. Last time I was there last year the food was really good too. The corn tortillas are made there and the pork en chile cascabel was spot on. I'm getting hungry!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You might as well get you a good Texas steak. If $ is not object and you want to go upscale, try the strip at Outback. For Filet, you can't beat Texas Roadhouse.
    If you're on a budget, you'll still be pleased with Applebee's steak and shrimp.
    Wtf?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can get a of a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steak . Texas steak. You can sew a bull’s butt up with grapevine but it ain’t never gonna be pretty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stay away from the Riverwalk restaurants. Try stuff near the pearl and Southtown. Rebelle is a great place downtown. Cookhouse is good further north. Do not go to lulu's. Awful. Any hotel downtown will do. Cheaper near the airport but there is nothing within walking distance. Stick with Uber and lyft. If you want to have BBQ try 2m smokehouse.
    In southtown, Blue Star Brewery has dinner and shuttle to the arena.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good charbroiled burgers, too, which is actually how Jim got started. Great, thin onion rings, too.
    Frontier Burger at Jim’s FTW. We have a few in Austin too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outback? Applebee's? Texas Roadhouse? The man's on vacation. Spend some money and get a real steak. Not those places where they give the kids crayons with their menu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Applebees is microwaved nastiness, stay away from it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outback? Applebee's? Texas Roadhouse? The man's on vacation. Spend some money and get a real steak. Not those places where they give the kids crayons with their menu
    Lol at the steak snob. The places I named get their beef from the same places as the super expensive ones. And they cook them the same way. No different than designers having clothes made in the same sweatshops as Target. But charge 20x more because of their logo. Same thing.

If you were sitting at one of the high $ places like Saltgrass and were served an Outback strip, you wouldn’t know the difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Applebees is microwaved nastiness, stay away from it.
    I doubt you’ve ever been. But just heard it’s cool to bash Applebee’s. Their ribs are on par with any local bbq joint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the most authentic visit, go to any of a zillion little Mama & Papa taco joints, and get breakfast tacos. They're all about the same, cheap and good.

There's a place called Las Salsa on San Pedro Ave where the Special is more than you can eat. It's on two plates. The couple times I've tried to eat all of their special, and failed, it was good.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get what you're saying, but people in this thread are recommending Whataburger and Jim's.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'd highly recommend staying at one of the better hotels on the riverwalk. Just take a look for what looks good to you. I recently stayed at the Hilton and it was great. Do you have the Uber app. It's very inexpensive riding with them and they have a place for pick-up at the AT&T Center. The advice about David Robinson was dead on and he is almost always there. You definitely can get in an hour early with Charter seats as well. Have a great time, sounds like you have a super plan for 40!
    Hotel Velencia had great service and atmosphere I stayed there while closing on my huse when I moving to SA. you can walk to Riverwalk, Alamo etc

But if you want luxury the big Htel/Resort/spa near La Cantera is one of the best places but its a bit of a drive (straight shot once you hit 281 ...from 1604)

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Menger Hotel is haunted if you are into that kind of thing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if money is not a issue, Hotel Emma is rated one of the top 20 hotels
    https://www.thehotelemma.com/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AllStars Gentlemen’s club still kickin’?

Thread Information