Page 143 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y’all think it would be worth taking on either Steven Adam’s or Eric Bledsoe if they gave us there 10th pick too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y’all think it would be worth taking on either Steven Adam’s or Eric Bledsoe if they gave us there 10th pick too?
    l love Steven Adams as a person but that contract ew

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need a Myles Turner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't imagine the Thunder and Pelicans actually using all of those later picks. Gonna be interesting to see what happens there. I'm getting the feeling there will be more than the typical action with second round pick movement this year-- it's just not very cost effective to pay multiple second rounders to play in the G league.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Green seems to be solidifying to Houston on many mocks. My gut, or something like it, suggests their dumb owner wants some splashy player.

I agree that The Ringer is baffling at times. Clickbaity.

I don't understand Garuba as the Spurs' pick. Nothing against him, but he doesn't seem like a lottery pick and he doesn't seem to fit the team at all. He overlaps Keldon and Poeltl in unproductive ways. If he's Clint Capela, that's one thing, but he's not.

I like Garuba more than most, but I'm honest about his shooting limitations, and understand the offensive challenges. I'd still rather have Sengun, but I don't see Garuba as inconsequential.

I googled some info on his shooting improvement this year just to get more info, as I assumed there might be more to the story.

https://www.basketballnews.com/stori...raft-prospects

"Since Dec. 1, 2020, Garuba has connected on 24 of 61 attempts from behind the arc (39.3%). His recent success shooting the ball has given me real hope that his value and projection as an offensive player at the next level could be higher than I once thought. It’s also promising to see Garuba’s huge jump in shooting volume, as he’s already tripled his output from the previous season. Garuba has shown this year that he’s willing and able to take open shots, and often contested ones, as well." This time frame was 12/1/20 to mid April 2021.

https://twitter.com/mike_schmitz/sta...61693104496641

(his shooting form, ok in aspects, but likely problematic)

https://www.thestrick.land/strick/20...e-usman-garuba

"His full season shooting stats don’t look pretty, but he steadily improved as the campaign went on (since April 1 he shot 36% from three and 84% from the line."

IF these articles have correct info, then since December his 3pt % has been around 38%, which is a lot better than I thought. Like Sengun, he seems hyper-aware of his outside shooting concern and is getting better. Unlike Sengun, he isn't a good free throw shooter, but that seems to be trending up as well.

So, I think the comp for him, as a ceiling, is sort of like an Al Horford type player. Ugly but efficient 3 point shot, great defender, smart player, team player, though Al has better post moves. In defense of Garuba and why he isn't a Swift or a Capella is that he has good bbiq, is a good and willing passer out of pnr action, and can almost guard anyone. So I see great worth in his defense. He speaks Spanish! And seems the opposite of a Jalen Johnson selfish player. BUT, likely a high end role player, and not transformative like the hope for Sengun and Giddey is.

So, now that I think about it, maybe I'd rather have him than, say, Moody, but still below Sengun, Wagner, and probably even Kispert.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    l love Steven Adams as a person but that contract ew
    Hoopshype shows him with two seasons left for $17M/$18M. Bledsoe's contract is similar. Not good but could be worth eating to get #10, especially if a player the Spurs really like is still on the board and they're afraid the Hornets would grab him at #11. It would preserve 2023 cap space too.

Not sure how I'd feel about that, but to me it's one of those things that if the FO decides to do it, it's probably a good idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoopshype shows him with two seasons left for $17M/$18M. Bledsoe's contract is similar. Not good but could be worth eating to get #10, especially if a player the Spurs really like is still on the board and they're afraid the Hornets would grab him at #11. It would preserve 2023 cap space too.

Not sure how I'd feel about that, but to me it's one of those things that if the FO decides to do it, it's probably a good idea.
    yeah, after thinking about it some more. I would go for it. Adams is a good vet replacement for Patty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've been down on Garuba because his offense is 1 dimensional and he has no handle, but his defense looks pretty good here. IMO, we need a little more creativity on offense so that's the only thing holding me back from prospects like him.
    Garuba’s defense in these clips reminds me of early versions of nephew when he expended most of his energy on defense. I definitely like him though again is he too limited for an already offensively limited crew? On the other hand he can come in and play that defense right away. His showing against team USA will not have gone unnoticed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see why NOP uses a nice draft pick in a good draft to get rid of that contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RE: Sengun

I like him but he's a serious tweener. It's not only length but his strength. If he's a C, can he hold his ground against the stronger centers in the NBA? If he's a PF, can he move quicker than Keldon can laterally? If not, then I don't think you can play those two together.

His offense is great, but it's going to be a tough one to see where he'll fit defensively.

That being said, if we're picking late and he's still available, you absolutely get him.
    Strength is the one thing that’s the easiest to add for an 18 year old that went through a growth spurt. He might have even grown through the year as he’s so young still. I am team Sengun and cannot believe he’s mocked to go 18 or thereabouts.

If he does there will be busts drafted higher than him I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see why NOP uses a nice draft pick in a good draft to get rid of that contract.
    They might not tbh but they’re trying to shed salary to sign Kyle Lowry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, I just realized Stephen Adams was even tier than Jakob Poeltl from the free throw line last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a better perspective on Giddey. He has a skill the team needs offensively and could potentially develop offensive skills that he didn't show yet, like a good shooting percentage, because he's undeniably young. It's great that he has surveyed other players like Joe Ingles who has drilled in him how important it is that he develops a 3 pt shot. It may take time coming or not, as he's very young and has grown as the season went on reportedly. He has more upside if he can shoot for sure. Nothing much is said about defense, but stance is going to be key, as well as discipline.
    Your comment about Ingles got me to wondering with Nielsen coaching the Austin Spurs, how Giddey would plug in there being developed. Aussie coach, probable Aussie vet on the big boy team in Patty? Who knows?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garuba’s defense in these clips reminds me of early versions of nephew when he expended most of his energy on defense. I definitely like him though again is he too limited for an already offensively limited crew? On the other hand he can come in and play that defense right away. His showing against team USA will not have gone unnoticed.
    garuba is also a solid passer so that helps but when i look at garuba, i see more of a draymond green potential.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garuba makes no sense and I'd be stunned if he were the pick.

The Magic's supposed interest in Sengun is interesting and typical if true. But if he's not the Spurs target and Kuminga somehow gets to 8, it's probably worth it to offer Vassell and 12.

Of course. Adams should have re-sale value (Hornets, Mavericks, Raptors). Bledsoe they'd likely be stuck with, but only for a season and they need ancillary shot creation anyway.

The Pelicans more than likely only do it if they get word Lowry wants to come though.

But I'll believe the Spurs taking advantage of a team with cap issues (Kings are another) when I see it. They'll probably sit back like always and let the Thunder benefit instead.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If sengun was 7'0 he'd be a top 5 pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something about Garuba that bugs me is that he's been with Real Madrid since he was 11, and he was born in Spain so it's not like a language barrier was there. Been with Real Madrid program for 8 years and still thought to be a raw offensive player. That's a lot of premier coaching and development from an early age and he's still a question mark on offense.

How much more can be improve with NBA coaching?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exploiting teams with cap issues rarely happen anymore. At least not as common as it was 5+ years ago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd hate to lose the only young player whose a virtual lock to positively impact winning on both sides of the ball, but this organization not only lacks the type of star power needed for a 3 and D type to thrive, but is actively trying to avoid having the best odds as possible of lucking into it. Combine that with their aversion to change and it'd doubtful there's even a path to starting or full time closing.

So with a seeming boom or bust prospect like Kuminga supposedly falling to 6-7 (maybe even 8), it makes sense to offer him with 12. If he hits, he's close to the exact type they need (big wing with go-to scoring upside).

Exploiting teams with cap issues rarely happen anymore. At least not as common as it was 5+ years ago.
    The Thunder just did it with the Celtics. In the longshot event Lowry wants to go to the Pelicans, someone will do it with them. If the Kings are to re-sign Holmes, ditto, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd hate to lose the only young player whose a virtual lock to positively impact winning on both sides of the ball, but this organization not only lacks the type of star power needed for a 3 and D type to thrive, but is actively trying to avoid having the best odds as possible of lucking into it. Combine that with their aversion to change and it'd doubtful there's even a path to starting or full time closing.

So with a seeming boom or bust prospect like Kuminga supposedly falling to 6-7 (maybe even 8), it makes sense to offer him with 12. If he hits, he's close to the exact type they need (big wing with go-to scoring upside).

The Thunder just did it with the Celtics. In the longshot event Lowry wants to go to the Pelicans, someone will do it with them. If the Kings are to re-sign Holmes, ditto, etc.
    yeah I was thinking of the Horford trade when I wrote that. We’ll see if those types of trades come to fruition

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something about Garuba that bugs me is that he's been with Real Madrid since he was 11, and he was born in Spain so it's not like a language barrier was there. Been with Real Madrid program for 8 years and still thought to be a raw offensive player. That's a lot of premier coaching and development from an early age and he's still a question mark on offense.

How much more can be improve with NBA coaching?
    garuba is, like most of the picks at the 12 spot, not without his blemishes and his is on offense-he may never excel on that end of the floor with the exception of his passing (and moving without the ball). sengun's is on defense-because the question becomes who can he guard? duarte's is age and playmaking or passing, murphy is weak shooting off the dribble and he's not the best ball handler, giddey has no length and is an inconsistent shooter (like sengun, although sengun has better mechanics and great footwork)...and so on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one of my top targets tbh. If the Spurs can get him, go for it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m burnt out from watching these prospects. Literally can’t watch anymore footage on these guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never understood the Steven Adams signing... It seems you'd want to clear the paint for Zion, not clutter it up with an old school center with no three point potential. Jaxson Hayes played really well in the last month of the season, so if they think he can start and they can shed the Adams contract for a shooter, I can see why they'd do it. The perfect back up C for them might be FA Luke Kornet-- plays D, shoots the 3, low usage rate. He'd pair well with Zion.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When his on the clock, Josh Magaro-George of pounding the rock chose Josh Giddey.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2021/7/22/22583959/nba-mock-draft-2021-sb-nation-bloggers-make-picks

Giddey is the perfect blend of best player available and upside swing. While his lack of range won’t do much to help San Antonio’s abysmal three-point numbers, he’s only 18-years-old and has plenty of time to develop a jumper under legendary shooting coach Chip Engelland. The oversized Australian point guard is one of the best passers in this class, and with DeMar DeRozan possibly on the way out, the Spurs could use another distributor. He won’t lead the Silver and Black to a le anytime soon, but he was a nightly triple-double threat in the increasingly compe ive NBL, which turned out productive rookies LaMelo Ball and R. J. Hampton. Should he fall this far, PATFO could be looking at another infamous draft day heist
    Last edited by alfahdlan; 07-22-2021 at 05:46 PM.

Thread Information