• Consistent all-star, all NBA at times

19 19.39%
  • Superstar

10 10.20%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Role Player who gets hot on occassion?
    2. Productive NBA starter?
    3. Off and on All-star, ala Tony Parker?
    4. Star, makes All-star and NBA teams?
    5. Superstar?

I am going 2 or 3, need a larger data set.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I went with 3. We definitely need a larger data set, and that's the ceiling for most Spurs "greats" given their team-first construction. I don't see any reason he can't be a 15-20 pt/night guy who plays great defense and gets other players involved. (He can't really be as good as he looked last night, can he?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker was All NBA several times. He should be a 4 on your scale.

White might be that good someday, but way tooo early to say.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We may have seen the ceiling last night
    He was going to his right and using his right hand a lot....once teams force him to adjust we'll have a better idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fixed.
    1. Role Player who gets hot on occassion?
    2. Productive NBA starter?
    3. Two-time All-star, ala Manu Ginobili?
    4. Star, makes All-star and NBA teams?
    5. Superstar?
    6. FMVP who sweeps LeBron? (Ala Tony Parker, Kevin Durant)

I am going 2 or 3, need a larger data set.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3, terry porter type...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    making all star team and being all star talent but snub is 2 different things

theres a few guys each year who continue to get snub for selection, does that mean the guys selected are better then them? no... all star game is nothing more popularity contest...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say 3. I see him as a Jrue Holiday, Mike Conley level type player

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ceiling? Maybe Ginobili with a better three, better defense, and better decision making?

It'd be interesting to see how many assists he could crank out if he weren't sharing ball-handling duties so often, and running our assist-distributing offense. Like I don't _feel_ like he's better than Chris Paul or Stockton or Nash, but when you factor in shooting and defense, why couldn't he be? He has the potential to bring more to the table than any of those three. He's also plug and play--the team doesn't need to adapt to his weaknesses, unlike say Nash or DeRozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ceiling? Maybe Ginobili with a better three, better defense, and better decision making?

It'd be interesting to see how many assists he could crank out if he weren't sharing ball-handling duties so often, and running our assist-distributing offense. Like I don't _feel_ like he's better than Chris Paul or Stockton or Nash, but when you factor in shooting and defense, why couldn't he be? He has the potential to bring more to the table than any of those three. He's also plug and play--the team doesn't need to adapt to his weaknesses, unlike say Nash or DeRozan.
    so a superstar?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He doesn't shoot the 3 better than Manu.Yet.
    If he starts touching 40% from 3,plays the same defense (and gets called for less fouls as he builds a name for himself),while still keeping his TOs low with good decision making,his ceiling is All Star.Only concerns are age and long term health.
    His floor is elite role playing PG.
    At this point i just want him healthy,level headed and for Pop to call some of his CIA buddies to kidnap his Uncles.
    All of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “The roof”. MJ

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He does remind me of Tony Parker on how he gets to the rim and scores in the paint. TP wasn't a great passer, but was good. That's White right now. White's defense is obviously better than TP's and his 3pt shot is better than TP's. Parker was consistent on offense and if White can score play offense like he did last night on a consistent basis then he will have a better career than Parker, but he has a ways to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a toned down Manu Ginobili. He doesn't go balls to the wall with his play. Which means he will have a long career. He has TP's finishing ability. Funny he started at the same age as Manu in the NBA just about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Him dunking on Millsap, dissecting Murray to the rim and flexing his muscle tell me he is going to be star. Pop will give him the key the same way he pushed Kawhi. White ball is winning ball. He will carry the team , and the league will see that. All Defensive Team this year on his 2nd year. He’s a Gary Peyton. He has outside shots, athleticism to get to the rim, court vision. All Defensive Team, All Star. 4-5 for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White's ceiling, all-NBA. Because he's unusually good on both ends of the floor. That's rare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The important thing is that White is the kind of player who can be part of a championship team-- he plays D, he's doesn't need a sky high usage rate to get his numbers, and he's efficient and smart. The back court defense next year is going to be off the charts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Closest comps at this stage of his career is Pistol Pete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 and change

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He does remind me of Tony Parker on how he gets to the rim and scores in the paint. TP wasn't a great passer, but was good. That's White right now. White's defense is obviously better than TP's and his 3pt shot is better than TP's. Parker was consistent on offense and if White can score play offense like he did last night on a consistent basis then he will have a better career than Parker, but he has a ways to go.
    parker? Lol. They are nothing like each other and then you state reasons why they are nothing like each other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop really likes this guy a lot. Coach P mentioned both ends of the floor when he was asked about D. White last night. That say a lot.

Like I mentioned before, ceiling can be Joe Dumars. I would take that in a heartbeat.

I can safely say that the Spurs hit the Jackpot with White. The incompetent Mavies have already given up on the 9th pick of the draft in 2017 in Dennis Smith - ONLY AFTER ONE and A HALF SEASONS. The Spurs get a better player 20 picks later. Of course the Spurs actually know how to develop young players and provide proof of this time and time again.

This is how a team makes the playoffs 22 years in a row.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only lack of shots stops him from being an all-star level player right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Roy + Chauncey Billups

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kobe then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gary Peyton, All Defensive Team and All Star at times. Potential All NBA

Thread Information