Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretending to be handcuffed by Mitch McConnell is lame.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Obama pretending to be handcuffed in 09 and 10 was definitely lame. He should have used the nuclear option and rammed through a huge stimulus package, rich people tax increase and an ACA bill with a public option. Heck, if he was clever enough a lot of that probably could have been through budget reconciliation.

Now I'm not sure what's lame about it. McConnell has weaponized his ability to stop stuff from going to the floor more than any majority leader before him, there's nothing the Dems can do about that when the only reason McConnell is majority leader is because Wyoming gets as many senators as California.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can House Dems do anything that needs the Repug Senate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama pretending to be handcuffed in 09 and 10 was definitely lame. He should have used the nuclear option and rammed through a huge stimulus package, rich people tax increase and an ACA bill with a public option. Heck, if he was clever enough a lot of that probably could have been through budget reconciliation.

Now I'm not sure what's lame about it. McConnell has weaponized his ability to stop stuff from going to the floor more than any majority leader before him, there's nothing the Dems can do about that when the only reason McConnell is majority leader is because Wyoming gets as many senators as California.
    Seems you're starting to suc b to it too. There's no reason for the Dems to be cir scribed by what the majority won't do, e.g., the current Homeland Security Committee meetings re: the USPS. The Senate was basically shamed into calling their hearing, they mainly used it to attack Dems and butter up DeJoy.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Seems you're starting to suc b to it too. There's no reason for the Dems to be cir scribed by what the majority won't do, e.g., the current Homeland Security Committee meetings re: the USPS. The Senate was basically shamed into calling their hearing, they mainly used it to attack Dems and butter up DeJoy.
    I think the senate hearing was worth it for the house hearing next week. There's enough testimony where the good interrogators can corner him. The really good interrogators on the house committee will be able to use his senate testimony.

Ask any lawyer, he/she will tell you that deposing someone is a lot easier if you have previous deposition testimony no matter how poorly the last deposition was done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are so disingenuous.

I just gave you an example. You selectively pick the last for years (coincidence?) and then say dumb like the above.

In fact, just today the House voted on 25 Billion dollars to fund the Post office and Trump immediately threatened to veto it.

So don’t talk to me about who’s been handcuffed when you literally have roadblocks not only in the senate but at the very top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the senate hearing was worth it for the house hearing next week. There's enough testimony where the good interrogators can corner him. The really good interrogators on the house committee will be able to use his senate testimony.

Ask any lawyer, he/she will tell you that deposing someone is a lot easier if you have previous deposition testimony no matter how poorly the last deposition was done.
    I've already registered my opinion that the Senate hearing was tactically dumb. They gave the other side sworn testimony to study.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I've already registered my opinion that the Senate hearing was tactically dumb. They gave the other side sworn testimony to study.
    Not sure why you're being passive aggressive...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are so disingenuous.

I just gave you an example. You selectively pick the last for years (coincidence?) and then say dumb like the above.

In fact, just today the House voted on 25 Billion dollars to fund the Post office and Trump immediately threatened to veto it.

So don’t talk to me about who’s been handcuffed when you literally have roadblocks not only in the senate but at the very top.
    The opposition is stirrng in the House, that's good, where have they been for the last three months?

The dereliction of responsibilites of government goes both ways: the Dems have been a piss poor opposition since 2018.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like this is going nowhere so I’ll just stop.

I think the dems winning the House back in 2018 made a huge difference. But that’s just me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think the dems winning the House back in 2018 made a huge difference. But that’s just me.
    Sure, elections matter. No argument there.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 08-22-2020 at 11:00 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I know the world where Democrats wield power and still receive criticism for what they do grates, but maybe the party still needs the feedback.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why you're being passive aggressive...
    Sorry about the bolded, sometimes I miss someone else's post, thought perhaps you missed mine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so are you though. what's your point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shes a very brave woman that was abused and now is speaking her mind

Props to this brave lady regardless if you agree or not
    she was abused? that was with marilyn manson for some time. i wonder about the skeletons in her closet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long until this chick has a failed suicide attempt? It's funny, when she was getting work she was a church mouse, now she's a melted down bull looking , suddenly she's a victim.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    How long until this chick has a failed suicide attempt? It's funny, when she was getting work she was a church mouse, now she's a melted down bull looking , suddenly she's a victim.
    I had sympathy for her for being a rape victim, and I can even sympathize with her being against Biden, except it just seems like another random temper tantrum she’s throwing after a defective dose of anti depressants. She’s just gotten annoying at this point, probably butthurt about settling with Weinstein for as little as she did.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is Tara Reade these days?

They gonna trot her out for the debates?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Where is Tara Reade these days?

They gonna trot her out for the debates?
    I’m sure there’s a stunt Trump will try to pull.

Im also wondering if Bidens campaign has anything like the access Hollywood tape that they’re going to use. It still amazes me no ones found any recording of Trump saying n!gger.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sure there’s a stunt Trump will try to pull.

Im also wondering if Bidens campaign has anything like the access Hollywood tape that they’re going to use. It still amazes me no ones found any recording of Trump saying n!gger.
    Burnett's probably burned all the tapes by now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had sympathy for her for being a rape victim, and I can even sympathize with her being against Biden, except it just seems like another random temper tantrum she’s throwing after a defective dose of anti depressants. She’s just gotten annoying at this point, probably butthurt about settling with Weinstein for as little as she did.
    Not sure how Alyssa Milano and her other cast mate of Charmed fits into her tirade as well. She seems to just be attacking anyone that point out she's a little over the edge.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Burnett's probably burned all the tapes by now.
    They should recruit Omarosa and ask her where tapes might be

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Not sure how Alyssa Milano and her other cast mate of Charmed fits into her tirade as well. She seems to just be attacking anyone that point out she's a little over the edge.
    Yeah exactly she’s acting like an injured animal that’s snapping at anything it sees.

Thread Information