Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tsc tsc tsc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    warriors gave draymond 5/82 right after they won their first championship and he played a huge role on that team. so what if he hadn't won DPOY yet, he was the ing runner up that year against Kawhi ... he was WAY more than "just some young guy who showed some potential."
    Chinook knows that. He just won't admit it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he averages less than 7 rebounds a game, will u admit that I know more about basketball than you do? (especially since everything I've ever said would happen on this message board ended up happening)
    Dude.. are you 5 years old. Don't know why I waste my time talking to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bad guy from the Back to the Future movies. He sent a magazine back from the future to his 1955 self so that he could bet on known sporting outcomes.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray averaged 14/9/5 per-36. I get not believing in him and all that. Maybe he doesn't come back. But if he puts up the numbers listed, he'll get $100 Million. That's just how the market works. Thinking he isn't good enough is one thing, but not understanding how good you have to be to get $100 Million is another.

Tell me another story, Mommy.

Murray played about 21 minutes per game, and scored 654 total points in 81 games played. And the 4/$100M you're talking about is exactly what Giannis got, and only slightly less than what Jokic got (first 4 years of his 5 year contract). Sorry, but Murray's season did not put him in that category. And if he has the EXACT same season, he won't be in that category. Not in terms of impact, and not in terms of salary.

Murray's exact Per36 numbers were: 13.5 PTS, 9.5 RB, and 4.8 AST.
    Another Spur player that year had: 12.4 PTS, 13.9 RB, and 5.5 AST.
    That player was Pau Gasol. He also shot .500 from 3P, while Murray shot .265.
    Do you think the Spurs should have given Pau 4/$100?

Per36 stats mean less and less, the fewer minutes the player gets. And Murray's 21.5 MPG is just barely enough to even think about considering his Per36 stats. Not enough, though, to compare to the top tier guys making those kind of salaries.

The other players with Per36 stats in that range? Giannis, Ben Simmons, LeBron, Westbrook, Jokic, Doncic. Nobody believes that Murray has already earned his way into that class. NObody. I don't care what his Per36 numbers look like, he's not getting $4/100 based on an identical season to '17-'18. If he plays 2,200+ minutes, and keeps that level of production? Maybe. But not just by putting up the same numbers he did before he was injured.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here:

DeMarcus Cousins put up 25, 13, and 5 in '17-18, and played 36 minutes per game. His EFG% was .530, compared to .465 for Murray. He shot 3's better than Murray, and he got to the FT line 8 times Per36, compared to 3 times Per36 for Murray. Those stats blow Murray's away, totally.

The next season Cousins got paid $5.3M. Gee, I don't know... ya think there may be a little more to consider than short-minutes Per 36 numbers, before you go giving a guy $4/100?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another beneficiary of the summers of inflations. Wizards handed a handfull of awful contracts around that time, tbh.

Yeah, the Otto Porter example is the best case you can find to defend Chinook's position. Still, that ended up being the exception, not the norm, and Otto Porter was a much more sure thing by the time he got that contract, than what Murray is right now.

You say 40%, I say 2% chance of Murray getting a miraculous, never seen before from a guy coming off an ACL injury, bounce-back season and he gets that type of contract, tbh.
    His biggest challenge will be playing time for sure but I think PATFO does him solid and give him tons of minutes this year. Moreso than White. Apparently this offseason will be similar to the one Porter signed big money. I think the first max contract is more attainable than prior years plus I think he's young enough for another team to splurge on him. Will Spurs lock him up at max is questionable since we have a pretty loaded backcourt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The jerk on Back To The Future.
    duh...
    Well he got me. Just for that I’ll have to put back to the future on. Hmmm 1, 2 or 3? All good options

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well he got me. Just for that I’ll have to put back to the future on. Hmmm 1, 2 or 3? All good options
    Word homie.
    I'm more of a ty movie junkie so wifey and I are about to watch Birdemic.
    My poor girl... She knows not what she's about to witness.
    At least it's Riffed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word homie.
    I'm more of a ty movie junkie so wifey and I are about to watch Birdemic.
    My poor girl... She knows not what she's about to witness.
    At least it's Riffed...
    hahaha. birdemic that's awesome. Listed as an american independent romantic horror film. Tippi Hedren even makes a cameo. Met her once about 15yrs ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hahaha. birdemic that's awesome. Listed as an american independent romantic horror film. Tippi Hedren even makes a cameo. Met her once about 15yrs ago.
    You met Tippi Hedren?!
    That is very cool.

I work in the Business and I have never had a chance to meet Ms. Hedren.
    What a treat.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Here:

DeMarcus Cousins put up 25, 13, and 5 in '17-18, and played 36 minutes per game. His EFG% was .530, compared to .465 for Murray. He shot 3's better than Murray, and he got to the FT line 8 times Per36, compared to 3 times Per36 for Murray. Those stats blow Murray's away, totally.

The next season Cousins got paid $5.3M. Gee, I don't know... ya think there may be a little more to consider than short-minutes Per 36 numbers, before you go giving a guy $4/100?
    i get the point you're making and i dont think murray is getting anywhere close to 100M over 4 years, but Cousins was offered 40M/2yrs by NOP and he declined. Him coming off the achilles tear is the biggest reason he didnt get paid the next year. and the fact that he reinjured himself last season along with not looking that great is why no one wanted him again. plus his at ude on top of all that. using him is not a good example imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell me another story, Mommy.

Murray played about 21 minutes per game, and scored 654 total points in 81 games played. And the 4/$100M you're talking about is exactly what Giannis got, and only slightly less than what Jokic got (first 4 years of his 5 year contract). Sorry, but Murray's season did not put him in that category. And if he has the EXACT same season, he won't be in that category. Not in terms of impact, and not in terms of salary.
    This is fallacious. Giannis' deal would be a $126M/4 today (meaning starting next year). Jokic's deal would be $131M/4. There's no point in comparing between years when the cap has been ing like this. Next year, the cap is supposed to be $118 Million. Murray on a $100M/4 would have a starting salary of 19 percent of the cap. That's less than Gasol's last deal.

Regardless, it simply doesn't work to compare max deals to non-max deals. Those max deals are often artificially held down, to the point that a lot of guys of different tiers gets them. Remember Otto Porter got a max deal despite averaging 13.4/5.7/2.9 in fourth season. Allen Crabbe got the equivalent of $99.8M/4 despite averaging 9.6/3.4/1.1. Barnes 11.7/4.9/1.8. The list goes on.

Do you think the Spurs should have given Pau 4/$100?
    Pau was old. He certainly made big money when he was younger. Also, his contracts with SA were comparable to what Murray would be getting.

The other players with Per36 stats in that range? Giannis, Ben Simmons, LeBron, Westbrook, Jokic, Doncic. Nobody believes that Murray has already earned his way into that class. NObody. I don't care what his Per36 numbers look like, he's not getting $4/100 based on an identical season to '17-'18. If he plays 2,200+ minutes, and keeps that level of production? Maybe. But not just by putting up the same numbers he did before he was injured.
    The point isn't that Murray is a star. It's that the numbers people have been posting to make it seem like Murray wouldn't get paid $100M are actually really good. Any young guy who did that got paid, and many who did less got paid as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You met Tippi Hedren?!
    That is very cool.

I work in the Business and I have never had a chance to meet Ms. Hedren.
    What a treat.
    She owns a big cat preserve/sanctuary in CA. I visited it one time when I was stationed on the west coast

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to the same guy who stated that DeRozan was being shopped, the Pistons were shopping Griffin. He also stated that the Pistons were one of the teams the Spurs talked to about DeRozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to the same guy who stated that DeRozan was being shopped, the Pistons were shopping Griffin. He also stated that the Pistons were one of the teams the Spurs talked to about DeRozan.
    are we getting rid of this pussy or what

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be okay with a derozan for griffin swap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be okay with a derozan for griffin swap
    I'd be perfectly fine with that trade as well if Blake didn't have a contract for 37Mil$ in 2021 and 39Mil$ in 2022.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be perfectly fine with that trade as well if Blake didn't have a contract for 37Mil$ in 2021 and 39Mil$ in 2022.
    yuck .. never mind

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id still do it Blake is a stud. We could play big with him and LMA and dominate teams. Blake is also good in transition and can space the floor.

Demar +mills for Griffin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FA ain’t coming to SA. I’d do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's what Biff's book said.
    Biffs sports almanac was only 1950 thru 2000 though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FA ain’t coming to SA. I’d do it.
    exact

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd probably do Derozan for Blake tbh even with Griffin's extra year.

Derozan + Beli for Blake (Doubt the pistons budge with Sekou).

Dejounte/Fatty
    White/Walker/Bryn
    Gay/Carroll
    Griffin/Lyles
    LMA/Poetl

They would really need a playable SF though (Gay is a 4 at this point). But to be fair, they need already need a true SF even with the current roster...

Thread Information