Page 75 of 110 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2730
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we reset the convo post draft? Given the givens, where are the offers coming from for LMA and DDR?

And, are Gay and Mills more attractive pieces for a win team now like the Bucks, Philly, or Heat?
    Yes on the reset. And yes on Gay and Mills.

For DeMar and Aldridge I think Spurs need to think in terms of trading those guys into space (which obviously limits partners) or as part of a three team deal that sees Spurs taking back bad salary. Or take back a bloated two year (second year non-guaranteed) sign and trade. I.e. sign and trade for Whiteside at 17M a season for Aldridge, or some such.

If the trade offers are no good, the best option might be to let DeMar and LaMarcus expire.

Question: is there a free agent Spurs could target by combining Gay and Mills' salaries in a sign and trade? Would have to be a contender or a team desperate to qualify for playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we reset the convo post draft? Given the givens, where are the offers coming from for LMA and DDR?

And, are Gay and Mills more attractive pieces for a win team now like the Bucks, Philly, or Heat?
    Agree. Everything that’s been said on the matter has been said and it was relevant during the draft and trade moratorium as far as discussing strategy and direction.

But FA is here and what can Sa do and what do people think they should do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. Everything that’s been said on the matter has been said and it was relevant during the draft and trade moratorium as far as discussing strategy and direction.

But FA is here and what can Sa do and what do people think they should do?
    Have to go after a PF that can rebound and play defense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I think the Gay and Mills deals are more modest, and frankly also done to help the player get into a better situation (especially Mills). Like:

Gay to MIA for Olynk and Okpala
    Mills to Bucks for Ilasova and DJ Wilson

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i was just thinking about portis to spurs instead of signing poeltl , would improve our offense and spacing but his defense is questionable..hmm
    And Defense is what Spurs need. Offense was not the Problem last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Marc J. Spears
    marcJSpears
    1m
    Rockets guard Austin Rivers has decided to opt out of his contract to become an unrestricted free agent, a source told @TheUndefeated.

Chris Haynes
    ChrisBHaynes
    2m
    Brooklyn Nets will not pick up the $5 million team option on guard Garrett Temple and he’ll enter free agency, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ersan Ilyasova has been waived by the Bucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania ShamsCharania

The Los Angeles Lakers are waiving guard Quinn Cook, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Cook had a non-guaranteed season for 2020-21.
    1:27pm · 19 Nov 2020 · TweetDeck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ersan Ilyasova has been waived by the Bucks
    He fits our age requirement now. Wouldn't be surprised if Spurs show interest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think Wiseman is the real deal

GS Aldridge, Mills
    SA Wiseman, Wiggins, Looney

Spurs get youth to match the rest of the team

Warriors get cap relief

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ian Begley @IanBegley
    1h
    Knicks announced they’ve declined team option on Theo Pinson.

Ian Begley @IanBegley
    1h
    Knicks also will not pick up team option on Wayne Ellington, per source. Clears up cap space for New York and, regarding Wooten, also opens up a 2-way contract spot.

Ian Begley @IanBegley

Elfrid Payton, Kenny Wooten will be waived & NYK, as expected, won’t exercise Bobby Portis’ option, sources confirm. Some mutual interest in Portis’ return, per sources. Also, no qualifying offer for Damyean Dotson. NYK has planned to keep Reggie Bullock. Newsday first reported.

Keith Smith @KeithSmithNBA
    2h
    Per league sources: The Phoenix Suns have exercised their 2020-21 team option for Cameron Payne.

2h
    Per league sources: The Phoenix Suns have tendered qualifying offers to Jevon Carter and Dario Saric. Both players will now be restricted free agents.

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    2h
    The Thunder are exercising Hamidou Diallo’s $1.66M team option for next season, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    2h
    Forward Mike Muscala has exercised his player option to return to Oklahoma City this season, source tells ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Michael Scotto
    MikeAScotto
    2m
    The Brooklyn Nets will extend a qualifying offer to Chris Chiozza, @hoopshype has learned. Chiozza will become a restricted free agent.

12m
    Detroit is trading Khyri Thomas and Tony Snell to Atlanta for Dewayne Dedmon, sources tell ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    30m
    Lakers center JaVale McGee will exercise his $4.2M player option for 2020-21 season, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

Spurs housekeeping

2h
    Per league sources: The San Antonio Spurs have tendered a qualifying offer to Drew Eubanks. Eubanks will now be a restricted free agent.

2h
    Per league sources: The San Antonio Spurs have tendered a Two-Way qualifying offer to Quinndary Weatherspoon. Weatherspoon will now be a restricted free agent.

2h
    Per league sources: The San Antonio Spurs have tendered a qualifying offer to Jakob Poeltl. Poeltl will now be a restricted free agent.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, you'd have to think Golden State has the best chance of landing Harden now.

This possibility will keep the Wiggins to San Antonio for Aldridge conversation open.

The problem is that Golden State will have to give up all their assets to Houston for Harden, including Wiseman. Thompson, Wiseman, Minny's '21 lottery pick, three additional firsts for Harden.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, you'd have to think Golden State has the best chance of landing Harden now.

This possibility will keep the Wiggins to San Antonio for Aldridge conversation open.

The problem is that Golden State will have to give up all their assets to Houston for Harden, including Wiseman. Thompson, Wiseman, Minny's '21 lottery pick, three additional firsts for Harden.
    I don't think that GSW trades to replace Thompson. Wiggins can be the starting two guard. I don't think they would trade for Harden, especially because he doesn't fit with what they do and he wants to go to NJ. And how many firsts is Harden worth anyway? He's shown he can't win in the big-time. How good is he when the ball is in Curry's hands?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any Trevor Ariza fans left?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll take the Bobby Portis of 2018.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sarah K. Spencer @sarah_k_spence
    11m
    The Hawks will waive Khyri Thomas, per source.

Josh Robbins JoshuaBRobbins

Per a league source, the Magic will extend a qualifying offer to Gary Clark, making him a restricted free agent. The Magic will not extend a qualifying offer to Wes Iwundu, making him an unrestricted free agent. And the Magic will decline its team option on Melvin Frazier Jr.
    3:05pm · 19 Nov 2020 · TheAthletic

Marc Stein @TheSteinLine

The Knicks have been aggressive in their pursuit of Gordon Hayward all week, sources say Amid a growing belief leaguewide that Hayward will decline his $34 million player option for next season, New York may loom as Hayward's best option given all the Knicks' newfound cap space
    3:01pm · 19 Nov 2020 · TweetDeck

Maybe Beli has a team lined up already

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

The Los Angeles Lakers are waiving guard Quinn Cook, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Cook had a non-guaranteed season for 2020-21.
    1:27pm · 19 Nov 2020 · TweetDeck
    on the day his dad died...........bruh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Timberwolves forward James Johnson has opted into his $16M deal for 2020-21 season, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.
    3:10pm · 19 Nov 2020 · TweetDeck

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    38s
    Minnesota is trading James Johnson to Oklahoma City as part of the Ricky Rubio trade, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    4m
    Celtics center Enes Kanter will exercise his $5 million player option for the 2020-21 season, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

James Edwards III @JLEdwardsIII

I’m hearing Dedmon may be on the move again
    2:51pm · 19 Nov 2020 · Twitter for iPhone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vincent Goodwill VinceGoodwill

The Minnesota Timberwolves have made guard Malik Beasley available in discussions, and the New York Knicks are one of several interested teams, according to sources. He averaged 20 after being traded from Denver to Minnesota last season
    3:18pm · 19 Nov 2020 · Twitter for iPhone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly can the spurs even make a small trade so we know there not at happy hour or something lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

4m
    The Phoenix Suns are declining the $5.2M team option on Frank Kaminsky, making him an unrestricted free agent, source tells ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

4m
    The Phoenix Suns are declining the $5.2M team option on Frank Kaminsky, making him an unrestricted free agent, source tells ESPN.
    Could be a cheap reclamation project at a position of need tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If reports of Hayward walking are true, I wonder how BOS replaces him talent wise? They will still only have the MLE (even if they can get under the cap a little with Hayward off the books) so trade? Do they feel good about their team as is minus Hayward?

Thread Information