Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Immigrants are fine. Do ent them and let them contribute. Porous borders aren't about legal immigration.

I haven't said it's good or bad but whatever it is, many people seem to be stacking up along the border to get in. Why would they do that if they didn't think they could get an anchor baby in and get some handouts? I'd be right with them if I was born in one of those holes.
    But that's the point, the US has had a history of porous borders. And sorry, if you don't know that illegal immigrants contribute just as much as legal immigrants do, then that's on you.

The reality is that if any illegal immigrant ever wants to ever get legal papers, they need to show they paid taxes for at least 3 consecutive years, and the IRS provides illegal immigrants with a tax number to do so (called ITIN).

And if we're being honest, at least in my experience for the past 20+ years here, there's just as many if not more poor white people being the 'freeloaders'. Which really is not a failure of the safety net, it's a failure of oversight. Being American born doesn't give you the right to abuse any program.

I took exception to the notion that nobody here would want certain governments from other first world countries. I do think a plurality of people would actually like that, including the consequences that come with that (ie: more affordable healthcare in exchange for higher taxes, etc).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're again shifting the general discussion back to the weeds of immigration

and the airline example is making my point for me. im glad its a rule for everyone to wear masks. rather than just hoping everybody will be a good samaritan.

if the end goal i want is everybody to have health insurance, and i took your approach, i would just cross my fingers and hope that rich people everywhere go out of their way to find poorer people and offer to personally pay their premiums. weird how that hasn't happened yet. no, wait. not weird. the other one. predicable.
    You just don’t understand how personal responsibility works. Your dad does and you will too when you’re 60. It starts with fiscal responsibility.

When everyone is personally responsible and charitable there’s no need for rules or government.

Dmc is basically a slightly more feminine version of rmt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ultimately this is very much a discussion on where our tax dollars are spent. I don't think you're wrong DMC in mentioning some countries don't want to pay to defend themselves, and rather put that money in safety nets.

However, that would be my preference for the United States as well, if I get to pick. I do think we spend way too much money in defense, and even healthcare, for the return we get on that money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    illegal immigrants contribute in some ways... they do create more economic activity. they do pay sales taxes. some even helped during the production of God of War

but its also true that they almost never are paying income taxes, while still reaping some of the benefits that are funded by those very taxes. the goal should be to get the ones here do ented so they can start paying in even more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    illegal immigrants contribute in some ways... they do create more economic activity. they do pay sales taxes.

but its also true that they almost never are paying income taxes, while still reaping some of the benefits that are funded by those very taxes. the goal should be to get the ones here do ented so they can start paying in even more.
    the problem if you do that is that at some point they become the majority and then there wouldn't be enough rich white folk to give them charity, tbh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ultimately this is very much a discussion on where our tax dollars are spent. I don't think you're wrong DMC in mentioning some countries don't want to pay to defend themselves, and rather put that money in safety nets.

However, that would be my preference for the United States as well, if I get to pick. I do think we spend way too much money in defense, and even healthcare, for the return we get on that money.
    You misspelled offense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the problem if you do that is that at some point they become the majority and then there wouldn't be enough rich white folk to give them charity, tbh
    Dmc, the good thing for you is that you found your huckleberries in these 1st and 2nd generation immigrants that’ll entertain your basic neck beard libertarian arguments

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not interested but you follow me around like a lost puppy
    ”following me from thread to thread”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dmc, the good thing for you is that you found your huckleberries in these 1st and 2nd generation immigrants that’ll entertain your basic neck beard libertarian arguments
    It was a joke, in case it wasn't clear

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a joke, in case it wasn't clear
    It was clear. I actually meant to quote your previous response. I can say that I do appreciate your ability to give others the benefit of the doubt that they are making good faith arguments. You’re generally patient and thoughtful in your response regardless of who it is. Except for rmt. You don’t seem to put up with any from her

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was clear. I actually meant to quote your previous response. I can say that I do appreciate your ability to give others the benefit of the doubt that they are making good faith arguments. You’re generally patient and thoughtful in your response regardless of who it is. Except for rmt. You don’t seem to put up with any from her
    I'm a patient man, but I also admit that I have low tolerance for flat out stupid. DMC might have become a trump fan, or a republican, or just a democrat hater, or just trolling or playing devil's advocate, but I know I've had some intelligent, well thought out discussions with him in the past.

rmt hasn't shown hints of human intelligence yet, tbh, it's like talking to a cultist...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a patient man, but I also admit that I have low tolerance for flat out stupid. DMC might have become a trump fan, or a republican, or just a democrat hater, or just trolling or playing devil's advocate, but I know I've had some intelligent, well thought out discussions with him in the past.

rmt hasn't shown hints of human intelligence yet, tbh, it's like talking to a cultist...
    DMC is halfway smart. He just doesn't try very hard, and I have come to believe that is because he has some sort of genuine problem with reading.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're again shifting the general discussion back to the weeds of immigration

and the airline example is making my point for me. im glad its a rule for everyone to wear masks. rather than just hoping everybody will be a good samaritan.

if the end goal i want is everybody to have health insurance, and i took your approach, i would just cross my fingers and hope that rich people everywhere go out of their way to find poorer people and offer to personally pay their premiums. weird how that hasn't happened yet. no, wait. not weird. the other one. predicable.
    You want everyone to have health insurance but you're hoping it happens. You're not making it happen. Put all your hopes into a bucket with that drop of charity and see which one you can actually locate.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC is such a bitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    illegal immigrants contribute in some ways... they do create more economic activity. they do pay sales taxes. some even helped during the production of God of War

That's a goal I agree with as long as you put a check valve in the process so you don't have porous borders where you have a constant influx of illegals that get amnesty. Why even have border patrol or immigration services? You even have people coming from haiti to cross the southern border

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too stupid to even get your dingleberry shtick right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC is halfway smart. He just doesn't try very hard, and I have come to believe that is because he has some sort of genuine problem with reading.
    You're just a tad shy of Boutons and Cosmored, but still a solid echo chamber member.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too stupid to even get your dingleberry shtick right
    "You're an idiot"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're just a tad shy of Boutons and Cosmored, but still a solid echo chamber member.
    "The Hive"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WH now accepting anything to mean anything else.

"Hey B sounds like G so DOT!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol arguing specs for DMC bingo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want everyone to have health insurance but you're hoping it happens. You're not making it happen. Put all your hopes into a bucket with that drop of charity and see which one you can actually locate.
    i think there's a better chance of getting people elected who will make strides toward that than just wishing all the rich people will privately fund it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a goal I agree with as long as you put a check valve in the process so you don't have porous borders where you have a constant influx of illegals that get amnesty. Why even have border patrol or immigration services? You even have people coming from haiti to cross the southern border
    i've never disagreed with this. one thing we could also do is have more immigration judges so we can process more cases faster, ie expand the amount of legal immigration. we should also criminalize and enforce employers who hire illegals, something which isnt heavily emphasized right now

i dont think the border wall serves as much more than a symbol

Thread Information