Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Graham On Whitaker: He’s Said Things ‘Problematic’ To Potential Confirmation

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/g...+%28TPMNews%29

"problematic", "issue", ty euphemistic, weasel words

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Thanks Botox, not sure what I'd do without your constant puking of links and articles from various places. You get paid by your handlers yet?
    You don’t have to come in the thread. It’s that easy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pootin never sleeps

Concerns raised as Russian official poised to lead Interpol

The British press reported over the weekend that a Russian interior ministry official could become the next leader of Interpol, despite concerns that

the Putin regime has abused the agency to target political opponents.

Reports said Major General Alexander Prokopchuk is likely to replace former Interpol president, Hongwei Meng

Meng was arrested last month in China for alleged corruption. He had served two years of his four-year term.

Prokopchuk currently heads the Russian Interior Ministry's National Central Bureau of Interpol. He has also served as the vice president of Interpol, the first Russian to hold the post.

Paris-based Interpol -- the International Criminal Police Organization -- isn't a police force.

It's an information clearing house that promotes international police cooperation.

http://www.fcpablog.com/blog/2018/11/19/concerns-raised-as-russian-official-poised-to-lead-interpol.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don’t have to come in the thread. It’s that easy.
    It's a free forum, dog.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    It's a free forum, dog.
    Yet you complain about something and come right back to it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have that right.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Never said you didn’t. Doesn’t really make sense though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC subscribes to the Trump theory that moving your right index finger and clicking the mouse cons utes as exercise. And God knows he needs the workout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nunes clinging to relevancy before dems take over that committee and he fades back to obscurity

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol traitor nunes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nunes clinging to relevancy before dems take over that committee and he fades back to obscurity
    re-re-litigating the FISA applications

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Most Damaging Election Disinformation Campaign Came From Donald Trump, Not Russia

The Kremlin has been focused on undermining trust in American democracy and elections,

but Donald Trump and the Republicans have done it better than Russia ever could.

Our research implies that

insider attacks from within American politics can be more pernicious than attacks from other countries.

They are more sophisticated, employ tools that are harder to defend against, and lead to harsh political tradeoffs.

The US can threaten charges or impose sanctions when Russian trolling agencies attack its democratic system. But what punishments can it use when the attacker is the US president?

Authoritarians have weaponized information flows

Nearly all states—whether democratic or authoritarian—are entangled on the Internet. This creates both new tensions and new opportunities.

The US assumed that the internet would help spread American liberal values, and that this was a good and uncontroversial thing.

Illiberal states like Russia and China feared that Internet freedom was a direct threat to their own systems of rule.

Opponents of the regime might use social media and online communication to coordinate among themselves, and appeal to the broader public, perhaps toppling their governments, as happened in Tunisia during the Arab Spring.

states like China and Russia
    (and Repugs/oligarchy/Fox/rightwing hate medida) discovered how they could

“flood” internet discussion with online nonsense and distraction,

making it impossible for their opponents to talk to each other, or

even to distinguish between truth and falsehood.

These flooding techniques stabilized authoritarian regimes, because they

demoralized and confused the regime’s opponents.

Libertarians often argue that the best antidote to bad speech is more speech.

What Vladimir Putin discovered was that the best antidote to more speech was bad speech.

Flooding and confidence attacks can destabilize democracy

These two kinds of attacks—

“flooding” attacks aimed at destabilizing public discourse, and

“confidence” attacks aimed at undermining public belief in elections—were weaponized against the US in 2016.
    Fox News was far more influential in the spread of false news stories than any Russian effort.

US actors can use just the same techniques.

Indeed, they can arguably use them better, since they have a better understanding of US politics, more resources, and are far more difficult for the government to counter without raising First Amendment issues.

when the Federal Communication Commission asked for comments on its proposal to get rid of “net neutrality,”

it was
    flooded by fake comments supporting the proposal.

Nearly every
    real person who commented was in favor of net neutrality, but their arguments were drowned out by a flood of spurious comments

It was to devalue public comments in general, making the general public’s support for net neutrality politically irrelevant.

Trump’s efforts to undermine confidence in the Florida and Arizona votes work on a much larger scale. There are clear short-term benefits to asserting fraud where no fraud exists.

Trump’s lies about vote counting are a cybersecurity problem
    The risk is that over time they will

destabilize American democracy so that it comes closer to Russia’s managed democracy—

where nothing is real any more, and

ordinary people feel a mixture of paranoia,
    helplessness and
    disgust when they think about politics.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...ump-not-russia

Did Pai and/or BigNetwork hire bots to flood FCC comment service?

Pootin's "managed (so-called) democracy" is exactly the oligarchy's strategy for USA, for the USA to be a one-party Repug state controlling all of govt and of course the media. Voting is already totally meaningless.

And when oligarchy control isn't in total control, then block the non-oligarchy from doing anything, aka, scorched-earth obstructionism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never thought of this but its so great. Also, gonna miss Lamar Smith pretending to do the sciencing

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

lol his lies gonna be in writing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former federal prosecutor says he could write indictments for the president 'right now' on these two counts

The evidence is piling up.

A new report Tuesday night revealed that

President Donald Trump sought to direct the Department of Justice to prosecute Hillary Clinton and James Comey,

prompting his White House counsel's office to draft a memo warning that doing so would exceed his authority and risk impeachment.

Many observers promptly argued that this incident builds upon the already expansive case against Trump for obstructing justice with regard to the Russia investigation.

former federal prosecutor Gene Rossi argued that, despite the unsettled legal questions, there is already enough evidence for him to draft indictments (were he in the position to do so) for the president on two separate charges.

"I could draft an indictment against the president of the United States on two counts," he said.

"One would be his relationship with
    Michael Cohen on the election fraud."

"And number

two: I could draft a scheme and an attempt obstruct justice against the president right now.

And Robert Mueller has the jurisdiction and the authority — unless Matt Whitaker puts a quench over it — he has the authority to go into that.

Because it's the heart and soul and the gestalt of what Robert Mueller's looking at.

Absolutely."

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-po...dent-right-now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump attorneys submit answers to Mueller

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump attorneys submit answers to Mueller
    House GOP investigating more Hillary emails.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like Jared and Mnuchin, Whitaker made many FALSE statements on his govt forms

Matt Whitaker Repeatedly Revised Financial Disclosure Forms Following AG Appointment

The acting attorney general took in hundreds of thousands from a mysteriously funded conservative charity.

Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker has

revised his ethics disclosure forms at least five times

since President Donald Trump appointed him after former Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ forced resignation.

Financial disclosure forms published Tuesday evening show that Whitaker

took in $900,000 in salary from a “charity” organization that took aim at Democrats on ethics grounds as well as

$1,750 in legal fees from a dubious, since-shuttered marketing company accused of fraud.

Whitaker also took in more than $100,000 from his law firm

as well as $15,000 from CNN,

where he briefly served as a legal commentator who opposed special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

It’s unclear what exact information Whitaker omitted when he first filed the form upon his appointment as Sessions’ chief of staff in late 2017.

The most recent changes were made the day after the midterm elections as well as on

Nov. 8,

Nov. 16,

Nov. 19 and

Nov. 20.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...gEmail__112118

The Best LYING Criminal Fraudulent People

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol his lies gonna be in writing

I believe ZERO - when I see/hear this bogus report of Trump answering questions in writing.

There is ZERO chance Mueller is simply accepting this from Trump. This entire report of Trump writing/answering questions for Mueller came from? from where?

From Trump team.

I believe ZERO of what comes out of that criminal's sewer.

Mueller NEVER released info on anything - so this entire written question garbage story is nothing but spin so that Hannity can go on the air and claim that the 'witch hunt" is almost over and that Trump is free from a Grand Jury subpoena or any other requirement.

Mueller is calling the shots here - Trump has no say on how this process plays out except to spin lies about it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giuliani Says Trump Won’t Answer Obstruction Questions From Mueller

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/11...iticus+USA+%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mueller’s team scorches guilty ex-Trump aide for trying to avoid prison — and uses his own tweets against him

Special prosecutor Robert Mueller is fighting to make sure ex-Trump aide George Papadopoulos spends the time in prison that he agreed to, new court filings show.

Papadopoulos is supposed to report to prison on Monday, but is
    now trying to get out of it.

Papadopoulos has requested that his incarceration be delayed while an unrelated challenge to Mueller’s authority plays out.

In response, Mueller’s team has filed a brief that tears apart Papadopoulos’ claims, such as that he should avoid prison until after his appeal is heard.

“However,

there is no pending appeal in this case,”

the filing says,

pointing out that Papadopoulos missed his window to appeal and

can’t appeal given what he admitted to

and the short sentence he’s serving as a result.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/muellers-team-scorches-guilty-ex-trump-aide-trying-avoid-prison-uses-tweets/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Thread Information