Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr made some small improvements like you said but it really came down to Curry becoming an MVP player along with Klay becoming the second best SG in the league that catapulted the Warriors to elite status.
    True true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr made some small improvements like you said but it really came down to Curry becoming an MVP player along with Klay becoming the second best SG in the league that catapulted the Warriors to elite status.
    Uh, his biggest improvement over Mark Jackson was seeing the potential in Draymond Green. He was rotting on the bench, and became the linchpin of the Death lineup. He became a 2 time All NBA, 3 time All Star, and 5 time All Defense. He started 13 out of 161 games under Jackson. He’s started almost ever game since, because Kerr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I figure precious is going to Houston in an Oladipo deal...we probably get a 2nd or maybe a 1st a few years down the line..
    I think so too, they been rumored to want Dipo for a long time now, he's their number 1 trade target. Right now it seems like Miami would want Tucker + Dipo while Boston wants Harrison Barnes. With Aldridge not being the top priority for both teams it makes a trade that much more difficult. I really hope Spurs can get something done and if they get 3 players from the Heat, they can reroute them somewhere else to get pieces that actually fit the team
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 03-17-2021 at 01:08 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, his biggest improvement over Mark Jackson was seeing the potential in Draymond Green. He was rotting on the bench, and became the linchpin of the Death lineup. He became a 2 time All NBA, 3 time All Star, and 5 time All Defense. He started 13 out of 161 games under Jackson. He’s started almost ever game since, because Kerr.
    Even for that move Kerr doesn't deserve any credit. David Lee deserves all the credit for Draymond's success since it was Lee that got hurt in the first game of the regular season that year causing him to miss 24 games. If Lee doesn't injure his hamstring than Green would have never started.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even for that move Kerr doesn't deserve any credit. David Lee deserves all the credit for Draymond's success since it was Lee that got hurt in the first game of the regular season that year causing him to miss 24 games. If Lee doesn't injure his hamstring than Green would have never started.
    David lee was hurt a couple of times. Dray did start a dozen or so games the previous two years, but it didn’t stick until Kerr.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David lee was hurt a couple of times. Dray did start a dozen or so games the previous two years, but it didn’t stick until Kerr.
    Again Kerr doesn't get credit. Warriors were 21-3 to start the season without David Lee that year. It didn't take Kerr being a rocket scientist to figure out starting Green was the better option at that point. My drunk uncle could have figured that out.
    Last edited by daslicer; 03-17-2021 at 07:19 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr has admitted that he had Green slated for a 10-15 mpg backup combo forward role before essentially falling ass backwards into him taking on the role he's held since.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green already had that super-role player factor coming of the bench. Already showed he had good intangibles to his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is going to be a buyout, isn't it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll be livid if this ends in a buyout lmao I’ll get over it but there’s deals to be made the spurs are just to pusified to do them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets essentially just got two first rounders for Tucker...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would tell LMA that it’s a trade or he is going to be home with the kids the rest of the year to ponder his free agency possibilities. No buyout. At least we screw over these clubs trying to force a buy out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His salary is no where near LMA. That is the hold up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His salary is no where near LMA. That is the hold up.
    There's other hold ups like finding a team that'll satisfy him and his trade kicker. But if we do end up trading him and not getting something worthwhile in return while Houston got two first rounders for PJ Tucker while we get the corpses of Avery Bradley, Iggy and Harkless...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll be livid if this ends in a buyout lmao I’ll get over it but there’s deals to be made the spurs are just to pusified to do them.
    Very hard to make a deal for the type of player that the spurs would want.

The spurs want a young player (26 or younger) on a cheap deal or one year deal (so they can either choose to pay him or not have his salary affect their cap to much over the next 2 years) and that fits with their current plan AND plan going forward ( a power forward or center cause they are log jammed at guard and small forward ). And they will want that without giving up a 1st round pick OR taking on a bad contract. Pretty difficult to do, and I would rather do nothing and just buy him out than to get something that won't be useful to us in the future, in essence trading just to trade.

People also don't seem to understand this is a transition year for the spurs, so it doesn't make any sense to make a win now move. There is no win now move when 4 of your top 10 rotational players might not legit be on your team next year.

Trading for a Kelly Olynk type player does absolutely nothing for the spurs beyond maybe this year, and then who even knows what the team looks like next year when maybe all our veterans are gone.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. If I read it correctly they sent one back and the other is a swap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, they got a first, but Milwaukee has flip rights this year, if Hou’s pick is outside the top 9.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've got a strong feeling that LMA will not be a Spur anymore after tomorrow. Based off nothing, really. "My spidey senses are tingling"- duncan2k5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is going to be a buyout, isn't it...
    Of course. It was obvious the moment they made this public. I don't know what PATFO was thinking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s so strange about the LMA situation is it had to catch the spurs off guard, otherwise they could have tried to feature him more in the offense before the trade deadline or something . I’m preparing for a buyout but a deal for one of Drummond or Fournier, or something else like that makes sense to me if the spurs attach a 2nd rounder or something

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s so strange about the LMA situation is it had to catch the spurs off guard, otherwise they could have tried to feature him more in the offense before the trade deadline or something . I’m preparing for a buyout but a deal for one of Drummond or Fournier, or something else like that makes sense to me if the spurs attach a 2nd rounder or something
    What? No, just no. Trade Aldridge and don't give anything else, much less for like Drummond or Fournier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 3 teams trade is the only scenario where an Aldridge trade seems possible. I wonder if PATFO even knows how to pull a trade like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? No, just no. Trade Aldridge and don't give anything else, much less for like Drummond or Fournier.
    you don’t think Drummond or Fournier could help us win? I’m not saying I’m in favor of it, but I’m not for buying him out really

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you don’t think Drummond or Fournier could help us win?
    No. Drummond is the definition of empty calories. I think he would actually makes us worse. Fournier isn't needed with all the guards we have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course. It was obvious the moment they made this public. I don't know what PATFO was thinking.
    They were trying to create a market and that's how you do it.

LMA would already be traded if his contract was easier to handle. It's the contract that is impossible.

Thread Information