Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost a perfect game in the 2nd half

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needed a game like tonight to avoid his legacy being irreparably damaged. (Just the 2nd half though - the 1st half was still dog .)

And unless he can repeat that in games 6 and 7, it still might.
    Last edited by Arcadian; 04-26-2018 at 02:11 AM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Haters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one of the greatest performances in playoffs history..even if they lose the next game(they will be underdogs), we will never forget this performance..

Hate on him all you want, but nobody can deny that he's consistently making history..
    In ten years, unless they come back and win the series, people won't remember this game. They'll remember WB getting dad ed by a guy with a man bun named Rubio and PG getting stared down by Toby from The Office.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    In ten years, unless they come back and win the series, people won't remember this game. They'll remember WB getting dad ed by a guy with a man bun named Rubio and PG getting stared down by Toby from The Office.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Toby from the office ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at you basketball Neanderthals not knowing it really wasn’t about how good chuckbrook or PG13 was, but how good Golbert was. Those two guys went supernova when Golbert got into foul trouble.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    at you basketball Neanderthals not knowing it really wasn’t about how good chuckbrook or PG13 was, but how good Golbert was. Those two guys went supernova when Golbert got into foul trouble.
    Sure, but getting him in to foul trouble by aggressive play is smart ...and i know your inclination to hate hero ball or celebrate individual over team
    but russ outscored jazz by himself over final 20 ...it was impressive he even snuck in a few assists too, lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Plus amb, a case can be made Billy D benching melo was also the spark for the rally almost as much as Gobert sitting ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://streamable.com/0a5mq

Gobert's fourth "foul"

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Plus amb, a case can be made Billy D benching melo was also the spark for the rally almost as much as Gobert sitting ...
    Did anyone else see Melo begging Donovan to sub him back in while the comeback was happening? Everyone else on the bench was supporting their teammates, but Melo's cancerous ego couldn't accept the fact that OKC was playing better without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but getting him in to foul trouble by aggressive play is smart ...and i know your inclination to hate hero ball or celebrate individual over team
    but russ outscored jazz by himself over final 20 ...it was impressive he even snuck in a few assists too, lol
    Of course it was impressive but people are taking about this as some impressive all time stuff when the reason was because the jazz had to sub out one of the best interior defenders (Golbert) for one of the worst.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Anyone that watched the game knew it was because of foul trouble. Stop acting like your a great basketball mind. Every couple minutes Matt Harping kept reminding us.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Utah's bigs were all in foul trouble and/or injured in Game 7 last year and CP0 still choked and quit. And that was against a worse Jazz team than this year's. The excuses for Westbrook's performance last night are really lame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Facts, tbh. Paul George is a fake star, Melo is a washed cancer. OKC needs to either get serious about building a real team around Westbrook or just trade him already.
    This.

But then again, Westbrook has his flaws. His decision making esp late in games can kill his team. He’s been doing that his whole career. He has been on two teams that went to the Finals & should have won (IMO) both times.

He’s a double-edged sword. One minute he does something amazing, the next you are scratching your head. You can have like that on your team if it’s coming from lesser players (think JR Smith, or Stephen Jackson). Role players—fine.

But it if you are the main cog on your team? Can’t happen.

Westbrook can put up 30-20-20 but it still would be overshadowed by his boneheadedness. Stats win you games. Smarts wins you playoff series & championships.

Granted, his team like you said is overrated. George isn’t the same player post-injury & Melo has been a ball-stopper his whole career. Now he’s a ball stopper that can’t score.

In summary, with the way Westbrook plays/thinks, he’ll always catch flack. His thought process doesn’t win championships. It’s not meant for the playoffs. Stat-padding isn’t his problem, it’s the fact that he makes too many losing plays. If he’s your PG, I don’t care who you put around him. He’s shown that in the past, even when the teams he had were stacked & should’ve come out on top, his decision-making shoots his team in the foot.

They’ve built teams around Westbrook. Didn’t work.

IMO he can win you a ‘chip as the best player on your team, but that team would have to have a true PG who could/would take PG duties away from him at the end of games or when the pace needs to be controlled more. Like Eric Snow did for AI. Westbrook is a phenomenal player but it’s unfair to ask him to do things that a PG does. He’s always going to make bonheheaded plays as a PG because he just ain’t one. Tweeners like Westbrook will always be exposed if they’re asked to be one thing. He’s a tweener. Pair him up with a true PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Russ starting hitting shots (40 shots on the night, he finally hit a hot streak)
    2. Gobert was out
    3. (biggest reason) Utah fell in love with the 3, passed up open looks in the paint for 3pt tries.
    4. PG attacking the rim with Gobert out and getting to the FT line.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This.

But then again, Westbrook has his flaws. His decision making esp late in games can kill his team. He’s been doing that his whole career. He has been on two teams that went to the Finals & should have won (IMO) both times.

He’s a double-edged sword. One minute he does something amazing, the next you are scratching your head. You can have like that on your team if it’s coming from lesser players (think JR Smith, or Stephen Jackson). Role players—fine.

But it if you are the main cog on your team? Can’t happen.

Westbrook can put up 30-20-20 but it still would be overshadowed by his boneheadedness. Stats win you games. Smarts wins you playoff series & championships.

Granted, his team like you said is overrated. George isn’t the same player post-injury & Melo has been a ball-stopper his whole career. Now he’s a ball stopper that can’t score.

In summary, with the way Westbrook plays/thinks, he’ll always catch flack. His thought process doesn’t win championships. It’s not meant for the playoffs. Stat-padding isn’t his problem, it’s the fact that he makes too many losing plays. If he’s your PG, I don’t care who you put around him. He’s shown that in the past, even when the teams he had were stacked & should’ve come out on top, his decision-making shoots his team in the foot.

They’ve built teams around Westbrook. Didn’t work.

IMO he can win you a ‘chip as the best player on your team, but that team would have to have a true PG who could/would take PG duties away from him at the end of games or when the pace needs to be controlled more. Like Eric Snow did for AI. Westbrook is a phenomenal player but it’s unfair to ask him to do things that a PG does. He’s always going to make bonheheaded plays as a PG because he just ain’t one. Tweeners like Westbrook will always be exposed if they’re asked to be one thing. He’s a tweener. Pair him up with a true PG.
    Two Finals?!
    When did OKC make Finals outside of 2012?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh. Still going to get knocked out in the first round by a rookie lead team and still has the worst shooting% of anyone on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two Finals?!
    When did OKC make Finals outside of 2012?
    Mistake

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone that watched the game knew it was because of foul trouble. Stop acting like your a great basketball mind. Every couple minutes Matt Harping kept reminding us.
    So why didn’t anyone mention it?

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

And haters say Westbrook's the problem.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

And haters say Westbrook's the problem.
    that problem gonna opt in for $28 million ...
    Westbrook is ed if PG leaves ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope you Westbrook nut huggers show up next game when he has another terrible performance and the Thunder get elminated.

Getting hyped about his one good game for the series, has been ass the rest of the series
    losing to a rookie lead team
    Cant get out of the first round without Durant holding his hand

its all good though, love watching you gots jump through hoops and move goalpost to defend MUh Russ

Thread Information