Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"I thought he was wonderful. He looked calm and played solid basketball. I liked it."

Will Pop keep Lonnie Walker !V in the starting lineup in place of Bryn Forbes when Dejounte Murray returns?

prayingdog.jpg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were up due to LMA shooting hot from the 3, but the lineup of White/Walker/Demar/LMA/Lyle had no dedensive liability. Spurs could switch on pnr and still put a good body on The Greek Freak. It was a great watching Spurs match Bucks’ physicality. The spacing sometimes wasn’t great, but LMA hot shooting rectify it. And Walker on the open court could beat any defender and was able to dish inside, or attack the rim, except for great blocks by Bucks. But the 2nd unit of Forbes/Mills/Beli was horrible. I think that was when Bucks made the run. If somehow Pop could avoid using that trio together in the future.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gave up a few inches in height. Still, his one on one effort on Middleton was top of the pops for me . Pretty sure that guy got going only when guardedby Bryn who gave up many inches . Part of the midget brigade.

Glad to see Pop taking note.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to the doghouse, Lonnie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were up due to LMA shooting hot from the 3, but the lineup of White/Walker/Demar/LMA/Lyle had no dedensive liability. Spurs could switch on pnr and still put a good body on The Greek Freak. It was a great watching Spurs match Bucks’ physicality. The spacing sometimes wasn’t great, but LMA hot shooting rectify it. And Walker on the open court could beat any defender and was able to dish inside, or attack the rim, except for great blocks by Bucks. But the 2nd unit of Forbes/Mills/Beli was horrible. I think that was when Bucks made the run. If somehow Pop could avoid using that trio together in the future.
    I mean if he MUST play those guys then he should insert them smartly. Fine bring Forbes in for either guard but instruct him to start gunning 3's because that's why he's there. Meanwhile the rest of the SL would know this and go into it knowing they have to pick up the slack. I guess I'm saying this specifically for Bryn. Marco has carved out a role in the league that is valuable and EVERYBODY knows what he brings (or can bring). Patty has been on a bad streak as of late but he is valuable for us. He might actually need a few DNP's. Another one is Jakob. Love this guy but yesterday he actually hurt us next to LA. The Bucks were able to play 5 on 4 defensively when JP was on the perimeter. (Maybe is was just the Bucks.)

Other than that I largely agree with the SL you mention at the top due to their adaptability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean if he MUST play those guys then he should insert them smartly. Fine bring Forbes in for either guard but instruct him to start gunning 3's because that's why he's there. Meanwhile the rest of the SL would know this and go into it knowing they have to pick up the slack. I guess I'm saying this specifically for Bryn. Marco has carved out a role in the league that is valuable and EVERYBODY knows what he brings (or can bring). Patty has been on a bad streak as of late but he is valuable for us. He might actually need a few DNP's. Another one is Jakob. Love this guy but yesterday he actually hurt us next to LA. The Bucks were able to play 5 on 4 defensively when JP was on the perimeter. (Maybe is was just the Bucks.)Other than that I largely agree with the SL you mention at the top due to their adaptability.
    That starting lineup was a beast. It works with LMA shooting the 3 opening the lanes. Spurs matched player to player in physicality, even tipped the balance when Walker playing aggressive to the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Lonnie starts, I think White has to start because he’s a better shooter than Murray. It’s just better spacing. Also I think both Walker/Murray bring combo guard with Walker better attacking the rim. Demar helps sets-up the plays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I LOVED that starting lineup. It was wonderful. The bench not so much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills and Beli are the weak links

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please let it happen again!
    Glad that Pop is attuned beyond the level he receives here on ST, generally.

Next game should be telling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When asked about Carroll's first game of extended minutes, Pop had this to say:

"I thought he was wonderful. I thought he played pretty well at both ends. He doesn't know what we're doing all the time offensively, which is totally understandable. But he's putting out the effort and he played aggressively so that was good."

prayingdog.jpg @ Pop actually playing him going forward
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...hlight=Carroll

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you expect Pop to say "he was terrible"? which he was if we're being honest. He's a young kid, he will improve with time. I think Pop is handling him like he's supposed to. You have to earn stuff in life otherwise if things are given to you with open arms then you won't progress. Pop knows how it should be done and thanks god he's not listening to people around here. Lonnie will develop the right way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you expect Pop to say "he was terrible"? which he was if we're being honest. He's a young kid, he will improve with time. I think Pop is handling him like he's supposed to. You have to earn stuff in life otherwise if things are given to you with open arms then you won't progress. Pop knows how it should be done and thanks god he's not listening to people around here. Lonnie will develop the right way.
    Forms was terrible. Belli was terrible. Even Wombat was terrible. Lonnie wasn't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice of Pop to say, Walker was absolutely terrible last night.

I like his potential much more than Murray or White, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice of Pop to say, Walker was absolutely terrible last night.

I like his potential much more than Murray or White, though.
    He had no chemistry with the starters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had no chemistry with the starters
    In his very first start. Oh dear, what a tragedy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In his very first start. Oh dear, what a tragedy.
    Another poster said he was terrible not me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another poster said he was terrible not me
    Ok, you were just stating what anybody should have expected. Of course there was no chemistry, and that affected how it went, you mean?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horrible post. What was he terrible at?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did not have a good start it was his first time starting and you could tell he was confused on his defensive assignments. But Pop was right to pull him and then give him a few minutes to let all the adrenaline wear off but to be honest this should not have been his first start. Either way I am very high on him I am just hoping he can stay healthy he needs to be a little more patient when attacking the rim.

I also agree with that Walker and White are a better together as White can set up players better and is more willing to give out assist. I think in the future White, Walker, Keldon, Luka, and Poodle can be something special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good points all around!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting Walker for Forbes just means Pop will play long stretches of Mills/Forbes/Beli.

Not progress.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That starting lineup was a beast. It works with LMA shooting the 3 opening the lanes. Spurs matched player to player in physicality, even tipped the balance when Walker playing aggressive to the rim.
    Very much like LA and maybe someday DD taking 3s. Way better if they make them but still very important that they TAKE them. Lonnie driving... showing his elite first step.. make it or not puts a load of pressure on the defense. It will eventually be a positive when he ultimately and consistently exposes and destroys the "Bryn Forbes" of the NBA.

All this thinking and strategizing falls on Grandpa-Pop to figure out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were a couple of times early in the 2nd half he had wide open 3s, one from the corner & he drove into teeth of the defense instead. He's gotta let that fly.

Thread Information