Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who votes that clown into the Hall of Fame is a moron. I don’t care how many points he scored in his career. He never played a lick of defense. Made any team better, In fact he was basically a cancer on every Team he was on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll be in the HOF. It's already the biggest joke in sports with abysmally low standards.
    The standards are insanely low for the Hall of Fame I agree. To me Tracy McGrady is not a Hall of Fame player. He had a very nice run for a number of years, but he didn’t put up the kind of stats or do the kind of winning that warrants Hall of Fame induction. Grant Hill Same thing. Had a nice run and then injuries Derailed the entire second half of his career. Not a Hall of Famer. I hate how they call it the basketball Hall of Fame and count all of these things that are not NBA related. They spend 95% of their career playing in the NBA. That should carry the most weight. Carmelo from the statistical standpoint has had a great career. However he never even was a part of any great rivalry. Never led his teams anywhere to the playoffs where they were legitimately in contention to do anything. Barkley, Ewing, Malone, Miller All examples of guys that were a part of great rivalries. And came very close to winning it all. Had great runs with their teams. This guy has done nothing. Literally nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The standards are insanely low for the Hall of Fame I agree. To me Tracy McGrady is not a Hall of Fame player. He had a very nice run for a number of years, but he didn’t put up the kind of stats or do the kind of winning that warrants Hall of Fame induction. Grant Hill Same thing. Had a nice run and then injuries Derailed the entire second half of his career. Not a Hall of Famer. I hate how they call it the basketball Hall of Fame and count all of these things that are not NBA related. They spend 95% of their career playing in the NBA. That should carry the most weight. Carmelo from the statistical standpoint has had a great career. However he never even was a part of any great rivalry. Never led his teams anywhere to the playoffs where they were legitimately in contention to do anything. Barkley, Ewing, Malone, Miller All examples of guys that were a part of great rivalries. And came very close to winning it all. Had great runs with their teams. This guy has done nothing. Literally nothing.
    Melo won a world championship in 2003.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Melo won 3 Olympic gold medals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not just the “nba hall of fame “ fellas though that’s a part of it. Drazen petrovich, Oscar Schmidt (who never played in the nba) , Ralph Sampson, or Sabonis aren’t in there for just nba play. And if you’re talking about lack of defense keeping someone out of HOF, then there is no way in tony Parker would be going either. Once again not a Melo fan and I hate his game, but you don’t have to be great to make the hall of fame

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That doesn’t mean anything to me. He played on Olympic teams with tremendous talent around him. That to me is not the measure of a Hall of Fame basketball player. What did you do in the NBA? Yeah he scored a lot of points but did his teams ever accomplish anything? No.. Ewing, Barkley, Malone, Miller all went to the finals. The second half of his career he was almost never even in the playoffs. It is easy to make the playoffs in the NBA. You win 40 games and you are in.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    If he gets waived it's up to Spurs FO if they want Melo or not.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Melo is also one of the best American FIBA players too. People act like he was just on those Olympic teams. He was an alpha among alphas for some of those runs.
    He sure was alphing against Team Nigeria while being no where to be found against the only team that had a the talent to challenge Team USA: https://www.basketball-reference.com...08-12-USA-ESP/

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Deron Williams also has a national championship & a bunch of gold medals.........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, this Suns game talked me into it. I'd take Melo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That doesn’t mean anything to me. He played on Olympic teams with tremendous talent around him. That to me is not the measure of a Hall of Fame basketball player. What did you do in the NBA? Yeah he scored a lot of points but did his teams ever accomplish anything? No.. Ewing, Barkley, Malone, Miller all went to the finals. The second half of his career he was almost never even in the playoffs. It is easy to make the playoffs in the NBA. You win 40 games and you are in.
    Melo also has a bronze medal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, the Spurs did sign Glenn Robinson, who was similar to current Carmelo -- both on the court and reputation-wise. And that worked out rather well, tbqhwy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deron Williams also has a national championship & a bunch of gold medals.........
    Deron has only 2 gold medals, Melo has three. And Melo has an NCAA championship.

Deron would be a hall-of-famer if not for his injuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, the Spurs did sign Glenn Robinson, who was similar to current Carmelo -- both on the court and reputation-wise. And that worked out rather well, tbqhwy.
    Big Dog was like a third-stringer and played less than 25 games for us total. And we still had the Big 3.

Pop would probably try to start Melo and make him our primary perimeter defender.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Melo, DeRozan, Gay, Aldridge. Make it happen PATFO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ISOiest of all ISO teams ever. why not at this point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ISOiest of all ISO teams ever. why not at this point?
    A collection of has-beens, ISO, mid range team. Might need to sign Monta Ellis to complete the garbage lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget Mills.

We'd average 4 assists a game for the remainder of the season. I'd actually enjoy seeing that group "gel".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget Mills.

We'd average 4 assists a game for the remainder of the season. I'd actually enjoy seeing that group "gel".
    If we gon' be "tryin' for Zion"....might as well make it entertaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A collection of has-beens, ISO, mid range team. Might need to sign Monta Ellis to complete the garbage lineup.
    beautiful game 2.0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hire Mark Jackson to coach em up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not the nba hall of fame. There are many teams and players in the hall of fame that never played an mba game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby!

Thread Information