Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so, looks like that gambler really is running the Mavs. Luka, get the out.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Rick is just not good with younger players.( He probably ruined Roddy B) He just clashes with any young, ball dominant player who does not do things his way.

I could see Rick working out in a place like Portland. Dame is established enough to where he can sit back and let their guards initiate the offense.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Doncic is also represented by Bill Duffy, who has had a rocky relationship with the Mavericks over the years as detailed by Tim MacMahon on The Lowe Post. MacMahon adds that Donnie Nelson, who was fired by Mark Cuban, helped the Mavericks manage the relationship with Duffy.

"Where Donnie was really important, just in terms of the Luka dynamic," said MacMahon. "Not just the relationship with Luka but the relationship he had with Bill Duffy, Luka's agent.

"The Mavericks, well before Luka... they have burned some bridges with Duffy. Bill Duffy was Steve Nash's agent. Mark Cuban had a multi-thousand blog post blasting Bill Duffy after Steve Nash's departure to the Suns way back when.

"Bill Duffy represented Darren Collison. Represents Rajon Rondo. Those guys had disastrous, brief, messy, contentious stints playing for Rick Carlisle.

"Bill Duffy is ultimately going to do what is in the best interest of his client, but my point in saying all of this is I don't think these guys are going to get benefit of the doubt. I don't think they've earned benefit of the doubt with him."

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    luca can come out west. the best players don't give a damn about playing in Texas

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    spending more time on Shark tank than running a ing team
    and still 100% more championships during his tenure in dallas than houston has finals appearances in the same timeframe

constantly getting stars like francis, tmac, yao, artest, harden, dwight, cp3, westbrook and wall yet no finals appearances to show for it

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pop next?

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    spending more time on Shark tank than running a ing team
    Better than forcing your GM to trade CP3 for Westbrook and Harden for a bag of Doritos

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC to Boston

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    and still 100% more championships during his tenure in dallas than houston has finals appearances in the same timeframe

constantly getting stars like francis, tmac, yao, artest, harden, dwight, cp3, westbrook and wall yet no finals appearances to show for it
    Then proceeded to surround Dirk with the likes of Lamar Odom and Rajon Rondo, only to watch Rondo quit in the playoffs. All while chasing Dwight Howard with comic book strips in a recruitment pitch

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Better than forcing your GM to trade CP3 for Westbrook and Harden for a bag of Doritos
    Or being stuck paying Porzingis 30 ing million a year, and having no picks to help upgrade the team.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Hans Brix??? Oh no!!!! Kim Jong-il's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

As if a rookie who scored 12 ppg on 40% shooting for Detroit was going to swing a playoff series

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As if a rookie who scored 12 ppg on 40% shooting for Detroit was going to swing a playoff series
    tbh carlisle should have quit when they didnt bring tyson chandler back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim MacMahon
    @espn_macmahon
    Luka Doncic is a strong supporter of Mavs assistant coach Jamahl Mosley. “He’s got the things that are needed for a head coach," Doncic said after Mosely's one-game fill-in for a win over the Knicks this season. "He can be the head coach, for sure.”

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The TRUTH it is and the TRUTH I speak: I shall fill with the men and jinn altogether

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Then proceeded to surround Dirk with the likes of Lamar Odom and Rajon Rondo, only to watch Rondo quit in the playoffs. All while chasing Dwight Howard with comic book strips in a recruitment pitch
    and still had 100% more success than the rockets despite a front office full of cretins

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the mavs first need a competent GM that wont have to listen to re ed gamblers and cuban, then players that can actually play basketball and then a good coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I remember just about everybody hated Carlisle. He was way too controlling, wanted to call every play and didn’t give his players any freedom. I can see how that rubs Luka the wrong way. And unlike Pop with Gino, it seems like ol Ricky didn’t want to change his ways

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What kind of player needs to be coddled in the offseason by the GM and head coach FFS?

I would've probably gotten out too if it's as bad as all that.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh carlisle should have quit when they didnt bring tyson chandler back
    TBH.

But I think he still wanted to do what he could to go back to back for Dirk if at all possible.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I remember just about everybody hated Carlisle. He was way too controlling, wanted to call every play and didn’t give his players any freedom. I can see how that rubs Luka the wrong way. And unlike Pop with Gino, it seems like ol Ricky didn’t want to change his ways
    Every pg was disagreeing with him. Kidd especially. I am not sure that anyone hated him... well, rondo. Luka played for coaches that screamed on him in Europe and that was not a problem for him, so I dont think Luka was a big reason Rick quit. More like, Rick didnt like wtf is Cuban doing with listening to a gambler. Same for Nelson. Luka was very close to him and i am not buying any of this Luka GM bull . Its pretty obvious Cuban is incompetent. I also do think Nelson should have lost the job, as he has done nothing. Rick was fine, i guess, but nothing special.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Rick quit because he knew that 1) new GM’s usually bring in their own coach, and 2) Luka doesn’t really respect him anymore.

After losing to the Clippers, most Mavs fans were upset with Donnie, Rick, and KP. Well two of those guys are gone, and they’re definitely shopping Porzingis. How is any of this bad for the Mavs? The Haralabos stuff is concerning, but the NBA is an analytics dominated league now, and it’s adapt or die. Is Mark picking the right analytics guy? Time will tell, but what we DID know is that the Donnie/Rick thing had run it’s course and wasn’t going to work anymore.

at anyone thinking this was a bad week for the Mavericks. This was the chemotherapy that killed the cancer. Unpleasant business but hopefully leading to a much brighter future.

Thread Information