San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Okeke is there at 29, the spurs should grab him no question
    Absolutely. I am praying this happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think other than GSW, there’s no other team I think would risk their first rounder who will likely miss the whole year. GSW can take that risk well because they are going to be great for a few more years. The spurs will have the luxury to be able to gamble because we have two 1sts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was going to post the same thing. If he comes back well from injury I feel he could be a steal at the 29th or lower. Like look_at_g_shred stated I can see a team like Golden State or even Boston due to having multiple picks grabbing the guy before us at 29.

If the one kid Samanic is there at 29 and we haven't traded out or he hasn't been drafted I can see our guys getting him to save a roster spot and money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure what OP is trying to accomplish.

A first round contract is guaranteed for two years (plus options for years 3 & 4), with the salary pre-determined by the draft position. If a player enters the draft (and stays there past the deadline), he is ineligible for any college play. If the Spurs were going to use the actual 29 pick on one of those guys, they have their own rehab program - they don't need one of the local colleges to do it for them.

If you're proposing some sort of back-door deal, that's a recipe for disaster. I don't even know what that would look like, but back-door deals aren't allowed, and the Joe Smith debacle shows just how ugly the penalties can be for trying.

The Spurs can't get him to back out of the draft and then sign him. Nobody gets a free shot at a player. If he opted out of the draft, he'd just have to enter it next year.

The
    Bend over, I'll show you a back-door deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was going to post the same thing. If he comes back well from injury I feel he could be a steal at the 29th or lower. Like look_at_g_shred stated I can see a team like Golden State or even Boston due to having multiple picks grabbing the guy before us at 29.

If the one kid Samanic is there at 29 and we haven't traded out or he hasn't been drafted I can see our guys getting him to save a roster spot and money
    One roster spot out of 15 for a long term project isn't going to make or break things, especially with two way contracts now a thing, and the money isn't much, just a bit over $1M.

Thread Information