Page 52 of 171 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 4270
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players I'm hoping go before 12 to push down players the Spurs would actually draft: Davion Mitc , Jalen Johnson, James Bouknight, Isaiah Jackson, Usman Garuba.

I don't think the Spurs draft any of those guys. I wouldn't mind Johnson or Bouknight -- but I just can't see San Antonio pulling the trigger on either one.

Alllllllmost worthy of a spot on that list: Kai Jones, Cam Thomas

If available, passing on Johnson or Bouknight would be pretty foolish though. I think at that point, both would far and away be the best available.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the pre lottery order. There were ties that needed to be broken, and now they are.

so does that mean there still chance that we could get luck and move up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so does that mean there still chance that we could get luck and move up?
    Yeah that's the lottery. If we won the coin toss wed have slightly better odds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it goes like this:

If there were 1,000 ping pong balls, the Spurs have 80 of them. If they were 11th place, they would have had 85. Five more ping pong balls.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were in an 11/12 flip last year and won.
    This. Saying today's coinflip loss is proof that the league hates the Spurs is completely asinine. Even losing both would have been a 25% chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If available, passing on Johnson or Bouknight would be pretty foolish though. I think at that point, both would far and away be the best available.
    I’d pick Bouknight in a second, but JJohnson just has too many family red flags for me. He enrolled in a prep academy. Things didn’t go his way, and his family pulled him out. He committed to Duke, played about a dozen games, and withdrew when things weren’t to his liking, AGAIN. Strikes me as a baby, and a bit of a quitter. I also question his shooting numbers, because his FT % is in the mid 60s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs just cant catch a break this year

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d pick Bouknight in a second, but JJohnson just has too many family red flags for me. He enrolled in a prep academy. Things didn’t go his way, and his family pulled him out. He committed to Duke, played about a dozen games, and withdrew when things weren’t to his liking, AGAIN. Strikes me as a baby, and a bit of a quitter. I also question his shooting numbers, because his FT % is in the mid 60s.
    Definitely understand the concern with Johnson, I would definitely prefer Bouknight. If he’s the guy, I’d think it would have to lead to someone getting traded though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    since when have the spurs ever been burned by a family member?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players I'm hoping go before 12 to push down players the Spurs would actually draft: Davion Mitc , Jalen Johnson, James Bouknight, Isaiah Jackson, Usman Garuba.

I don't think the Spurs draft any of those guys. I wouldn't mind Johnson or Bouknight -- but I just can't see San Antonio pulling the trigger on either one.

Alllllllmost worthy of a spot on that list: Kai Jones, Cam Thomas
    Interesting. I’m not totally sold on Garuba because I see the offensive challenges, but I’m less so on Kai Jones. What are you seeing? Jones can barely do anything right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In ESPN's latest mock, at 12 the Spurs would have their choice of Moody, Giddey, Sengun, Bouknight, Kai, Cam, Mann and Ziaire (plus Garuba and Isaiah Jackson, for the record). I think there's like an 85% chance one of those players ends up being a star. Picking which one will be very difficult though, tbh.

I think my choice right now would be either Moody or Giddey ... but, man, it's going to be a tough call.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I totally agree!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely understand the concern with Johnson, I would definitely prefer Bouknight. If he’s the guy, I’d think it would have to lead to someone getting traded though.
    Wait, so you wouldn't take Johnson because he left a couple of programs, but it's OK picking the guy who got arrested?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Bouknight's talent but will the Spurs draft a guy who took some coed's car, went speeding in a 25 MPH zone while drunk and then ran from the popo? I don't see it, tbh.

I could imagine Johnson much easier than Bouknight. Pop hired Kelvin Sampson a few minutes after the NCAA banished him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, so you wouldn't take Johnson because he left a couple of programs, but it's OK picking the guy who got arrested?
    Beat me to it. Yeah, Johnson took advantage of a corrupt system. I highly doubt the Spurs care (but, that said, there are enough character questions in general that it could be an issue). Bouknight's arrest is probably a nonstarter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m disappointed, but Pelicans. They tanked pretty hard, lost the 3 way, and are only 2 picks ahead of us. Oh, and apparently Zion isn’t happy.
    Zion is probably jealous Ja Morant made the playoffs and he didn’t while other youngins in the same age group have also broken in like Doncic, and Trae Young. If he stays in the basement the conversation around him will change soon. I am sure he wants veterans to help his team and for then to get out of the cellar. Good for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In ESPN's latest mock, at 12 the Spurs would have their choice of Moody, Giddey, Sengun, Bouknight, Kai, Cam, Mann and Ziaire (plus Garuba and Isaiah Jackson, for the record). I think there's like an 85% chance one of those players ends up being a star. Picking which one will be very difficult though, tbh.

I think my choice right now would be either Moody or Giddey ... but, man, it's going to be a tough call.
    i just hope the spurs are fortunate enough to have to choose between either one of them. assuming, we stay at 12, of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    since when have the spurs ever been burned by a family member?
    EXACTLY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Giddeys crap shooting and meh athleticism scare the out of me.

Spurs Fan In Milan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Consolation prize: we have the 11th pick in the second round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i want Wagner to make it just so my dude Dejounte gets his guy

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beat me to it. Yeah, Johnson took advantage of a corrupt system. I highly doubt the Spurs care (but, that said, there are enough character questions in general that it could be an issue). Bouknight's arrest is probably a nonstarter.
    Who cares? He was arrested for crashing a vehicle into a road sign while smelling like alcohol and running away. Something like domestic violence is definitely a different story. He was also a freshman. Can people not learn from mistakes? I guess by that logic, Murray shouldn’t have been drafted since he was nearly sent to juvie. Or maybe he should’ve been traded away after that social media argument with the female influencer. I’m sure that’s not the “Spurs way”, either. People are capable of learning from mistakes and growing.
    Last edited by SpursStar; 05-25-2021 at 03:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i want Wagner to make it just so my dude Dejounte gets his guy
    Perfect fit, IMO. But I'm used to it not happening my way and fully expect him to be selected right before the Spurs because that's my luck...

I would be just as happy with Moody, Bouknight, and Giddey.

I'm not hitching my wagon onto one horse this year.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddeys crap shooting and meh athleticism scare the out of me.
    It’s a concern, mostly the shooting for me. Otherwise it’s sort of like Steve Nash without the shooting. Hyperbolizing, but can it still work? It puts a ceiling on him coming in. You hope he could improve the shooting at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares? He was arrested for crashing a vehicle into a road sign while smelling like alcohol and running away. Something like domestic violence is definitely a different story. He was also a freshman. Can people not learn from mistakes? I guess by that logic, Murray shouldn’t have been drafted since he was nearly sent to juvie. Or maybe he should’ve been traded away after that social media argument with the female influencer. I’m sure that’s not the “Spurs way”, either. People are capable of learning from mistakes and growing.
    Yeah, I don't have a problem with Bouknight or his arrest, tbh. Seems like it was like a one time incident. But would the Spurs looked past the arrest? Probably not, IMO.

Thread Information