P. MillsPG DNP-COACH'S DECISION
    D. WhitePG DNP-COACH'S DECISION
    TEAM 39-79 10-20 24-36 9 35 44 24 4 8 15 20 112
    49.4% 50.0% 66.7%

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic has looked good. His team defense is poor but he has some solid individual defense. It will come in time. I think he spends next year on the big boy roster. He is done with Gleague.
    The young core is solid but I dont know if there is a franchise player among them. Lonnie improved outside shot sealed a starting job over Forbes if he resigns. It's looking like Keldon Johnson will be the future Alpha Male.
    Time will tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon has been impressive. Saw some things from Samanic to feel better about him. Walker tried to move the ball, had some pretty shots from 3 (one from really deep).
    Dejounte, I didn't like his decision making a lot of the time and to top it off, he ballhogged too much.
    Metu, time to move on.
    It was an interesting game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for those IG stories of Murray shooting over midgets in the offseason.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for those IG stories of Murray shooting over midgets in the offseason.
    If he spent less time on IG and more time in the gym, his handles wouldn't be so ty. Spurs are wasting their time on this moron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m just happy all the young guys got run and didn’t look totally lost.

Im happy a lot of the Samanic bashers got to see what a lot of us that actually watched G-league games have seen with him. He has work to do but he is far from as bad as many on here made him out to be. The big thing for him is getting his body and motor right, along with learning the team defense and offensive schemes. He isn’t a lost cause but he has to put in some work for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he spent less time on IG and more time in the gym, his handles wouldn't be so ty.
    The dude can't help himself sliding into those DMs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really didn't think THIS would be the year we missed the playoffs. We were supposed to take a step forward from last year. Instead, we took a step backwards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka needs ATTENTION,mabye that it. Hopefully POOP is gone and a real HC takes this team to where it needs to go.

Hope Keldon and Luka become best friends, maybe thats what he needs....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m just happy all the young guys got run and didn’t look totally lost.

Im happy a lot of the Samanic bashers got to see what a lot of us that actually watched G-league games have seen with him. He has work to do but he is far from as bad as many on here made him out to be. The big thing for him is getting his body and motor right, along with learning the team defense and offensive schemes. He isn’t a lost cause but he has to put in some work for sure.
    Thing that I liked was his speed and his feet out there guarding wings. Sure he missed rotations often, and got caught in some screens, but hopefully that will come with time. But to have a big you can switch out there like that is promising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charles Barkley talking about draft success of the Spurs... Looks like he doesnt know about Keldon yet since he didnt mention him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVP of the bubble: DeMar. He did everything he could to will this team to the playoffs. I know he isn't loved around here, but he deserves some respect for his play.

MIP: Keldon Johnson. Can't wait to see what this kid can do going forward.

Honorable mentions:

Derrick White: Played super aggressive, and showed what kind of player he can be. Sucks he had some injuries that held him back...but that's what happens when you draw 1000 charges.

Rudy Gay: Came out and played very solid, and was the focal point on the bench unit. He came to play...wish we could've seen more of that during the regular season.

Drew Eubanks: Played surprisingly solid for being a G-League guy. Could be an interesting piece to keep on the bench in a league where centers are becoming unicorns.

Disappointments:

Dejounte Murray: Played outside himself. He wants to be a superstar...but he's not. He either needs to elevate his game, or realize he is not LeBron.

Lonnie Walker: I don't know if he is injured or what, but he played passive in every game. He is not going to be effective if he is just sitting in the corner or driving and passing on open lay-ups or dunks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka needs ATTENTION,mabye that it. Hopefully POOP is gone and a real HC takes this team to where it needs to go.

Hope Keldon and Luka become best friends, maybe thats what he needs....
    His showing this game made me rethink his game. He's a younging that needs to get stronger and improve his awareness but he showed some good things today. Glad to see.

DJ has been disappointing. I daresay, maybe the Spurs do need to trade him. I just didn't like the ballhogging at all. He made a layup and after that it was like 3 possessions in a row that he did not pass at all ending up in TO when he tried to go 1-5. Many of his TO were of that nature.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVP of the bubble: DeMar. He did everything he could to will this team to the playoffs. I know he isn't loved around here, but he deserves some respect for his play.

Honorable mentions:

Derrick White: Played super aggressive, and showed what kind of player he can be. Sucks he had some injuries that held him back...but that's what happens when you draw 1000 charges.

Rudy Gay: Came out and played very solid, and was the focal point on the bench unit. He came to play...wish we could've seen more of that during the regular season.

Drew Eubanks: Played surprisingly solid for being a G-League guy. Could be an interesting piece to keep on the bench going forward.

Disappointments:

Dejounte Murray: Played outside himself. He wants to be a superstar...but he's not. He either needs to elevate his game, or realize he is not LeBron.

Lonnie Walker: I don't know if he is injured or what, but he played passive in every game. He is not going to be effective if he is just sitting in the corner or driving and passing on open lay-ups or dunks.
    Maybe people need to lower their expectations for Lonnie. Theres nothing wrong with getting a solid role player from your 2018 18th pick. If he can be a solid role player and not paid an awful contract then he can stay...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe people need to lower their expectations for Lonnie. Theres nothing wrong with getting a solid role player from your 2018 18th pick. If he can be a solid role player and not paid an awful contract then he can stay...
    I think its his stunning athleticism and the fact that he seems like a really bright guy that makes him kinda of a disappointment. With so much talent, you want him to figure it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully he doesn't keep Bryn with him.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Honorable mentions:

Drew Eubanks: Played surprisingly solid for being a G-League guy. Could be an interesting piece to keep on the bench in a league where centers are becoming unicorns.

Disappointments:

I agree with the exception of Lonnie Walker, I think he played passive because he deferred to the veterans. I felt he played much better in the last game because they were not there. He had the ball in his hands more, especially with Weatherspoon being injured. His outside shooting was a definite pleasant surprise. I can see him hitting 37-40% next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka actually moves well for his height.
    Luka is actually pretty good. The guy just needs some PT and confidence. Very timid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think its his stunning athleticism and the fact that he seems like a really bright guy that makes him kinda of a disappointment. With so much talent, you want him to figure it out.
    Same was said about Gerald Green, Jonathon Simmons, etc...

GOATS of a feather the golden era's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Symmetry works though. Especially if pop hangs it up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray
    Walker
    Keldon
    Samanic
    Poeltl

Weatherspoon
    Beli
    Metu
    Eubanks

That would be my rotation for this game. Imagine if Samanic gets 20+ on the last game of the season.
    Hey, only 4 pts away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His showing this game made me rethink his game. He's a younging that needs to get stronger and improve his awareness but he showed some good things today. Glad to see.

DJ has been disappointing. I daresay, maybe the Spurs do need to trade him. I just didn't like the ballhogging at all. He made a layup and after that it was like 3 possessions in a row that he did not pass at all ending up in TO when he tried to go 1-5. Many of his TO were of that nature.
    Very excited about Luka. He's always showed flashes but needs to stand out. That's purely between the ears for him.

Regarding DJ... we don't need everyone to be an all-star. The man has vastly improved his shot to where you're actually surprised he missed or you don't mind a miss from him at all. This is just gravy... he's young and proving he can learn new tricks. All while still being a very good to great defensive player for his position. Super happy with him.

I need LW to continue gaining confidence and learn it's not all about dunks. The guy needs to consult with D-Wade or simply watch how DeRozen uses his body but can still throw it down when appropriate.

I'm siked about next season. Now that DD has opted in and that LA may come back... we can be super dangerous. ----- DISCLAIMER ------ As long as Pop isn't an idiot again.

Sorry but not sorry to Bryn .. you ed bro and Patty.. go back to terrible towel duties! Oh yeah... trade Lyles + Bryn + Metu + our pick for a better draft pick.

Very disappointing ending but I guess we got what we wanted. The young-ins earned their keep AND we're getting a relatively good draft pick with a potential to improve on it. Of course until Pop and RC it up! BTW, where the is RC? Haven't heard about the guy?

GOATS of a feather the golden era's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Honorable mentions:

Disappointments:

i agree with this take. My only caveat is Lonnie. I saw enough to know he is a keeper. He needs to be more aggressive I agree, but his talent level is really high. He showed enough for me that when he is experienced and healthy, he will he a force.

keldon is the future.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never understood people worrying about Luka...the I'm 7 foot and I can shoot, handle, and pass, archetype player is the one that has the steepest learning curve...don't know if he will reach his full potential but he is going to be fine...

Don't understand all the "Dejounte is shooting to much and trying to be a star" talk when Pop has been preaching all year that both Derrick and Dejounte need to be more aggressive on offense...people on here are mad that a guy that the coach told has to take more shots...is taking more shots...

Lonnie kind of went into a s in the bubble but with Derrick, Dejounte, and Keldon being aggressive on offense somebody was going to be the odd man out...just like when Luka starts getting rotation minutes that dude is going to be putting up A LOT of shots...

Thread Information