Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd play OKC before SAS if I were any team. I'd also very much want to avoid Houston in the second round if I were GSW.
    Houston might end up being the 4 seed, we don't know yet. IMO Kerr prefers us over OKC in the first round and if Houston ends up as the 4th seed watch them fall second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston might end up being the 4 seed, we don't know yet. IMO Kerr prefers us over OKC in the first round and if Houston ends up as the 4th seed watch them fall second.
    I don't see any reason why Kerr would prefer to face the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't deserve to call yourself a fan.
    lol perhaps, believe me I love the spurs and want them to succeed but next season will be the season to try to really win with Murray back, hopefully an improved LW4, maybe a steal in the draft, possible free agent signing maybe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It means that Westbrook is going to go on another angry rant against the media and talk about how disrespectful people are to try and cover up the fact that he will lose 3 first round series in a row

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see any reason why Kerr would prefer to face the Spurs.
    I'm trying to psychoanalyse them, i think they prefer us over OKC. I can see them coming out of that series with a couple of injuries. Steven Adams against donkey, RWestbrook against snake, it could get ugly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm trying to psychoanalyse them, i think they prefer us over OKC. I can see them coming out of that series with a couple of injuries. Steven Adams against donkey, RWestbrook against snake, it could get ugly
    Don't see it at all. Not even before OKC started crapping the bed lately.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's already another thread called "8 seed" where you can see people discussing what it means

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't see it at all. Not even before OKC started crapping the bed lately.
    Playoffs are a different story, OKC can still play very tough defense and OKC is a very streaky team. If they get hot and with the history between some of the players involved this could get really interesting. People forget that we are starting two unproven and very inexperienced players as our backcourt. Playoff pressure is way different than regular season games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playoffs are a different story, OKC can still play very tough defense and OKC is a very streaky team. If they get hot and with the history between some of the players involved this could get really interesting. People forget that we are starting two unproven and very inexperienced players as our backcourt. Playoff pressure is way different than regular season games.
    Nah.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Kerr and their pussy organization target us as a first round opponent and if necessary finish as the two seed thinking we're easier than OKC.
    Would be very difficult for them to Target the 2 if you look at Denver’s remaining schedule. They could lose a lot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so deep.haha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch Kerr and their pussy organization target us as a first round opponent and if necessary finish as the two seed thinking we're easier than OKC.
    If you watched the game you'd know they are in total disarray. In the last minutes memphis was having open shots in the paint, nobody was guarding anybody, let alone helping. On offense it is "Westbrook adventure" and 4 others watching what the heck is this guy doing....then he makes a mistake and blames teammates for being in the wrong position, it is hilarious. If it wasn't for SAC collapse they'd be risking the playoffs spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It means that the opposing team put the ball in the hoop more frequently than the thunder did
    this

they should not fear anyone, they would annihilate the two teams ,without doubt.

you and 99% of people who watch basketball today, just in spurstalk you will find someone believing that Kerr prefers a showdown against a team, that if the league allows can play some kind of physical basketball and maybe create a kind of problem for a team that has proved not to like this kind of confrontation, instead of facing a team that clearly has some defensive sieves playing significant minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For GSW or Denver to try to strategize on seeding isn't even feasible at this point. I see both prefering home court throughout the playoffs than not. Denver is a tough road destination with the al ude, and I'm sure Kerr would rather face the Nuggets, or any team, the majority of a series with the games at home. With the bottom four teams so close, and now with Portland's setback, 4-8 could shuffle a few times in the last 9 games. Maybe teams would rather play the Spurs than the Thunder, but no one really knows where the bottom seeds will land.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this

they should not fear anyone, they would annihilate the two teams ,without doubt.

you and 99% of people who watch basketball today, just in spurstalk you will find someone believing that Kerr prefers a showdown against a team, that if the league allows can play some kind of physical basketball and maybe create a kind of problem for a team that has proved not to like this kind of confrontation, instead of facing a team that clearly has some defensive sieves playing significant minutes.
    I agree about not fearing anyone but i'm just taking into account the history between certain players and a potential injury that might jeopardize their season going forward but right now this is moot point because Portland lost Nurkic and Houston will end up 3rd most probably so yeah, Warriors will go for first.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you watched the game you'd know they are in total disarray. In the last minutes memphis was having open shots in the paint, nobody was guarding anybody, let alone helping. On offense it is "Westbrook adventure" and 4 others watching what the heck is this guy doing....then he makes a mistake and blames teammates for being in the wrong position, it is hilarious. If it wasn't for SAC collapse they'd be risking the playoffs spot.
    I didn't watch the Memphis game so you are probably right. OKC is a weird team, you don't know what you're gonna get from them each night. I only take into account the potential injury if the Dubs go up agaisnt OKC because of the history there.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For GSW or Denver to try to strategize on seeding isn't even feasible at this point. I see both prefering home court throughout the playoffs than not.

Nobody is going to potentially up HCA in the Finals, just to try and pick their first round opponent. Nobody.

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Nuggets go 4-0 against the Thunder including this win on the 2nd night of a back to back. I know playoffs are different but Denver should feel very confident if they matchup with OKC in the first round.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perfect seeding currently. Nuggets-2, Blazers-3, Spurs-7. Let's hope it stays that way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA must get that 7 or 6. Warriors have a cupcake schedule as opposed to Denver’s. Cannot face GS in round 1 if there’s any hope at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It means that the opposing team put the ball in the hoop more frequently than the thunder did
    Popovich?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should aim for the 7 seed and no higher. Nuggets are very beatable in the first round, and it lets us avoid the Warriors until the WCF.
    Bingo.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is going to potentially up HCA in the Finals, just to try and pick their first round opponent. Nobody.
    HCA in the Finals is pretty much shot for the West this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, not necessarily actually, specially nowadays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC lost again to the Mavs tonight.

Spurs control their own destiny.

Thread Information