Page 375 of 474 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375376377378379385425 ... LastLast
Results 9,351 to 9,375 of 11850
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's getting hard to tell you and Darrin apart. All you gots do is post smilies.
    The got talk flowing from the tranny club.

lol Wreck

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lev Parnas' Full Video of Trump Telling Associates To "Get Rid Of" Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch

I haven't been paying attention to the impeachment crap. It's boring and I don't give a about it. But this video popped up on my YouTube feed. If anyone already posted this video then my apologies. Ignore this comment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Qhris is praying it becomes normal for Democratic presidents to be just as corrupt.
    Short-sightedness aeldom see the shoe on the other foot.

When it does, it screams and cries, forgetting that it already forfeit its bona fides by defending it when it wore the iron boot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's sad that people are trying to normalize this.
    sad is a pretty weak word

The Repugs and the 42% are proving beyond a doubt that they and therefore America is ed and un able.

For them ethics, morals, laws, the Cons ution are all ignored and debased when the Repugs and their 42% want nothing but power, money, hate to divide and rule America.

Trash epitomizes and implements the "baseness" of the cult mob base, while protecting, enriching the oligarchy beyond imagination.

This is how America is ending. An authoritarian, corrupt, degraded hole, just like the authoritarian, corrupt, degraded hole countries that Trash befriends and admires.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much for ‘originalism’ — Trump’s impeachment defense is a cons utional dumpster fire

Donald Trump’s defense against impeachment increasingly relies on arguments that fly directly in the face of the Cons ution.

Trump himself set the standard last July with his
    grandiose claim that “Article II says I can do anything I want,” which encountered no serious pushback from his fellow Republicans.

Less blatant absurdities are Trump’s arguments of choice now, as the Senate trial unfolds —

but built on a similar hostility to the cons utional order based on separation of powers and the rule of law.

Whether it’s disputing the House’s “sole Power of Impeachment” (Article I, Section 2, Clause 5),

the Senate’s “sole Power to try all Impeachments” (Article I, Section 3, Clause 6) or

the well-settled meaning of “
    high Crimes and Misdemeanors” (Article II, Section 4),

the absurdity of Trump’s cons utional defenses is no less than that of his superficial claim to care about corruption.

hostility toward what the Cons ution actually says is diametrically opposed to the pretense of “originalism,”

which is the rallying cry of conservative judicial activism,

and to a large extent the glue that holds today’s GOP together.

Amid all the chaos, it’s easy to miss how profoundly self-contradictory the Republican legal establishment has become.

“the idea that impeachment is about overturning the effects of an election,” which Segall calls ridiculous.

"The idea of impeachment is there has to be some way in between elections of holding the president accountable if he engages in abuses of power or crimes, or

doesn’t execute the laws faithfully.

The idea that the whole concept of impeachment is that it would overturn the election is silly,

and nothing the founding fathers would have recognized as a legitimate argument."

impeaching a president doesn’t overturn an election (it’s not as if Hillary Clinton will become president if Trump is removed)

the original language of the Cons ution runs directly counter to contemporary Republican arguments.

the purported “originalist” defense of Trump comes with the reliance on executive privilege, which, as Segall noted on Twitter last week, isn’t mentioned in the Cons ution.

Trump, of course, has gone far beyond claims of executive privilege to claims of “absolute immunity,” which no court has ever upheld.

“The court in Nixon said very, very clearly that the general interest in confidentiality is not enough to offset the need for relevant evidence in a criminal case.”
    the 1970s court, not the oligarchy s of 2000s SCOTUS

“What President Trump has been doing for the past few months is completely inconsistent with United States v. Nixon,”

, “I think the more accurate way of putting that is they elected Trump to protect their guns, overturn Roe and protect religious discrimination.”

"I think when Trump campaigned on appointing justices like Scalia, and occasionally used the word “originalist” to do that, that’s just code.

Evangelicals don’t care whether it’s originalism, cons utionalism, whatever.

They just want to

protect their guns,

end abortion and

be able to discriminate against gays and lesbians."

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/so-much-for-originalism-trumps-impeachment-defense-is-a-cons utional-dumpster-fire/

iow, Obama was right, Christians "clinging bitterly (hatefully) to their Bibles and guns"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The latest GOP excuse for helping Trump’s coverup is a scam

the most urgent task for GOP senators is to prevent new witnesses and evidence from shedding fresh light on the most corrupt act at the center of President Trump’s Ukraine scheme:

his freezing of military aid to extort its president into carrying out Trump’s dirty political deeds.

they must come up with some way to justify their eventual vote against new witnesses and do ents.

their newest excuse is a total scam

A growing number of Republicans are pointing to President Donald Trump's threat to invoke executive privilege in order to make their case against subpoenas sought by Democrats for key witnesses and do ents,

a development that could bolster Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's goal of a swift end to the impeachment trial.

GOP senators are “raising concerns” that a court fight over such subpoenas “will only serve to drag out the proceedings.”

McConnell is warning of an “infinite” delay,

First, let’s marvel at the laughable bad faith here.

If McConnell doesn’t want any “delay,” it’s because he wants a quick trial to minimize the political damage to Trump

Trump has
    strongly suggested that if the Senate does vote to hear new witnesses and evidence — and then to hear from former national security adviser John Bolton — Trump would exercise executive privilege to block it.

his real motive is that Bolton and Trump
    privately argued over the frozen military aid — Bolton also called the whole extortion scheme a “drug deal” — and Trump doesn’t want light shed on that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/01/24/latest-gop-excuse-helping-trumps-coverup-is-scam/

The article is longer, and worth the effort to understand the Repug and Trash coverup.

Moscow 's "we must go fast", parallels with Scalia electing dubya in 2001. "We don't have (Cons utional) time to count the votes"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump launches wild accusation at Schiff as a ‘sick man’ who must be made to pay for impeachment trial

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/tru..._campaign=3578

bag Trash is reliably Presidential, and his cult mob 42% adores him for this baggyness
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-26-2020 at 10:58 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Stop lying’:

Experts and observers discredit Trump attorney’s impeachment defense with readily available facts

Purpura (photo) has been making the majority of today’s arguments – they have decided that not enough people will be watching on TV so Saturday’s defense will last not eight but just two hours.

Purpura is not doing a good job – unless his job is to lie to U.S. Senators and the American people.

Gregory Laan@GregoryLaan

FACT CHECK: Trump's Impeachment Lawyer CAUGHT Lying to The US Senate Today. Mike Purpura said: Trump Released The TRANSCRIPT of His July 25th Phone Call with President Zelinsky... FALSE... Trump Has NOT... It's Hidden in a Secret Server in the White House.
    https://gvan42.blogspot.com/2020/01/fact-check-trumps-impeachment-lawyer.html …

9:46 AM - Jan 25, 2020

The Moscow Project@moscow_project

Purpura is once again lying about the public record.
    The public record clearly shows that Ukraine did know aid was being withheld as early as late July:

リチャード!@RichardGJP

Just to help out my Senator, Purpura is lying about Ukraine not knowing about the hold on the aid until late August, they knew it weeks before that.
    @senrobportman

9:51 AM - Jan 25, 2020

𝔗𝔯𝔞𝔳𝔞𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔯 𝔅𝔲𝔯𝔰𝔢@TravanderBurse

They did discuss European burden- sharing and the lack of proof it was a part of the cause. patcipollone was lying.

And Mike Purpura, is lying now it was testified UA checked on the same day of the Ukrainian call.

Here's what European embassies had to say

etc, etc, absurdly

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/stop-lying-experts-and-observers-discredit-trump-attorneys-impeachment-defense-with-readily-available-facts/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3578

𝔗𝔯𝔞𝔳𝔞𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔯 𝔅𝔲𝔯𝔰𝔢@TravanderBurse

They did discuss European burden- sharing and the lack of proof it was a part of the cause. patcipollone was lying. And Mike Purpura, is lying now it was testified UA checked on the same day of the Ukrainian call.
    Here's what European embassies had to say

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much for ‘originalism’ — Trump’s impeachment defense is a cons utional dumpster fire

Donald Trump’s defense against impeachment increasingly relies on arguments that fly directly in the face of the Cons ution.

Trump himself set the standard last July with his
    grandiose claim that “Article II says I can do anything I want,” which encountered no serious pushback from his fellow Republicans.

Less blatant absurdities are Trump’s arguments of choice now, as the Senate trial unfolds —

but built on a similar hostility to the cons utional order based on separation of powers and the rule of law.

Whether it’s disputing the House’s “sole Power of Impeachment” (Article I, Section 2, Clause 5),

the Senate’s “sole Power to try all Impeachments” (Article I, Section 3, Clause 6) or

the well-settled meaning of “
    high Crimes and Misdemeanors” (Article II, Section 4),

the absurdity of Trump’s cons utional defenses is no less than that of his superficial claim to care about corruption.

hostility toward what the Cons ution actually says is diametrically opposed to the pretense of “originalism,”

which is the rallying cry of conservative judicial activism,

and to a large extent the glue that holds today’s GOP together.

Amid all the chaos, it’s easy to miss how profoundly self-contradictory the Republican legal establishment has become.

“the idea that impeachment is about overturning the effects of an election,” which Segall calls ridiculous.

"The idea of impeachment is there has to be some way in between elections of holding the president accountable if he engages in abuses of power or crimes, or

doesn’t execute the laws faithfully.

The idea that the whole concept of impeachment is that it would overturn the election is silly,

and nothing the founding fathers would have recognized as a legitimate argument."

impeaching a president doesn’t overturn an election (it’s not as if Hillary Clinton will become president if Trump is removed)

the original language of the Cons ution runs directly counter to contemporary Republican arguments.

the purported “originalist” defense of Trump comes with the reliance on executive privilege, which, as Segall noted on Twitter last week, isn’t mentioned in the Cons ution.

Trump, of course, has gone far beyond claims of executive privilege to claims of “absolute immunity,” which no court has ever upheld.

“The court in Nixon said very, very clearly that the general interest in confidentiality is not enough to offset the need for relevant evidence in a criminal case.”
    the 1970s court, not the oligarchy s of 2000s SCOTUS

“What President Trump has been doing for the past few months is completely inconsistent with United States v. Nixon,”

, “I think the more accurate way of putting that is they elected Trump to protect their guns, overturn Roe and protect religious discrimination.”

"I think when Trump campaigned on appointing justices like Scalia, and occasionally used the word “originalist” to do that, that’s just code.

Evangelicals don’t care whether it’s originalism, cons utionalism, whatever.

They just want to

protect their guns,

end abortion and

be able to discriminate against gays and lesbians."

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/so-much-for-originalism-trumps-impeachment-defense-is-a-cons utional-dumpster-fire/

iow, Obama was right, Christians "clinging bitterly (hatefully) to their Bibles and guns"

This.

Hypocrisy is the fuel of modern conservatism.

"it's not bad when we do it". Jeez. Democrats ed about things Bush did, then defended the same things when Obama did them, but this is a whole other level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spoiler alert:

Trump isn't going to jail.
    Book marking this. Thanks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let them speak: Most Americans want witnesses in Trump impeachment trial

A bipartisan majority of Americans want to see new witnesses testify

in the impeachment trial of President Donald Trump, and the public appears to be largely following the proceedings even after a bruising congressional inquiry that lasted several months,

About 72% agreed that the trial “should allow witnesses with firsthand knowledge of the impeachment charges to testify,”

including 84% of Democrats and

69% of Republicans.

And 70% of the public, including 80% of Democrats and 73% of Republicans, said

senators should “act as impartial jurors” during the trial.

About 40% of Americans said they had a favorable view of Senate Majority Leader Mitch

McConnell, while 60% said they have an unfavorable view of him.

The poll showed that

two out of three Americans are paying attention to the proceedings,

with Democrats more interested than Republicans.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-impeachment-poll/let-them-speak-most-americans-want-witnesses-in-trump-impeachment-trial-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKBN1ZL33O

What citizens want, how they vote, is totally ignored,

except feckless Pelosi NOT impeaching Trash for all his other to protect "moderate" Dems who flipped red districts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone here really think Trump is going to be removed from office? If not, do you think the impeachment will affect the election in a way that causes Trump to lose? If not (again), what's the point here, moral victories? Is anyone really trying to say Trump is a corrupt politician and that's really bad? Honestly?
    The point is that It’s the right thing to do.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point is that It’s the right thing to do.
    The precedence set for future presidents is very interesting.
    They can openly ask for foreign countries and their security agencies to play a role in the election in favor of the in bent. Any president can now ask for foreign aid in disrupting an election if it starts looking bad for them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The precedence set for future presidents is very interesting.
    not just foreign election help,

but the corrupt Repugs are proving that they approve of ANY kind of corruption,

will cover it up, and

will agree with, permit unCons utional exec privilege to block any and all investigations of Exec behaviour

BUT

the above applies ONLY with a Repug Exec.

Dem Presidents will be falsely accused, slandered, investigated, obstructed for all kinds of harmless .

iow, Trash escaping punishment is ratcheting America deeper down into authoritarianism which is always corrupt.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-26-2020 at 12:35 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Threatening a fellow citizen

《facepalm》

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone here really think Trump is going to be removed from office? If not, do you think the impeachment will affect the election in a way that causes Trump to lose? If not (again), what's the point here, moral victories? Is anyone really trying to say Trump is a corrupt politician and that's really bad? Honestly?
    There has always been a fear that the executive would work to consolidate its power to the detriment of other, co-equal branches of government. That trend has been accelerating over the past 50 years (at least). The point is to do anything and everything from allowing that trend to continue accelerating.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There has always been a fear that the executive would work to consolidate its power to the detriment of other, co-equal branches of government.
    "unitary executive", no Congressional oversight, is the official Repug/oligarchy policy, and Bill Barr's career objective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Book marking this. Thanks.
    You're welcome

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "unitary executive", no Congressional oversight, is the official Repug/oligarchy policy, and Bill Barr's career objective.
    Trash having so many Senate-approved jobs with "acting" people that require no Senate approval fulfills exactly the unitary executive strategy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former U.S. Attorney Says Trump Just Committed a Crime Against Adam Schiff

It is a federal crime to threaten to assault a federal official

in order to impede their performance of their duties,

so if any Republicans still think impeachment requires a crime,

I’ve got this one for you.

https://lawandcrime.com/politics/for...t-adam-schiff/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WHO WILL RID ME OF THIS TURBULENT PRIEST

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former U.S. Attorney Says Trump Just Committed a Crime Against Adam Schiff
    Bouty between your soy burgers could you tell us about Adam Schiff and Ed Buck?

https://www.latimes.com/projects/ed-buck-donations/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    red states

CBS’ Brennan Busts Sen. Cotton for Trying to Dismiss Trump Team Criticism as a ‘Democratic Talking Point’: A GOP Leader Said it

Face the Nation, Brennan asked Cotton:

“Do you think it was a misstep for one of the president’s lawyers, Jay Sekulow, to stand on the floor of the Senate and repeat the conspiracy theory that Ukraine meddled in the 2016 election?”

“Margaret, that’s not a conspiracy theory,” Cotton replied —

flouting the conclusion of the entire U.S. intelligence community.

Brennan responded by quoting Sen. John Thune (R-ND).

“[He] said he would prefer the lawyers not do that because the intelligence community concluded that it was Russia that meddled,” Brennan said.

“That’s a Democratic talking point,” Cotton said in response.

Brennan swiftly beat back that claim.

“This is what John Thune — one of the Republican leaders — said,” Brennan replied.

"You can also say that it’s clear some Ukrainian officials tried to influence the outcome of the election in 2016.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/cbs-brennan-busts-sen-cotton-for-trying-to-dismiss-trump-team-criticism-as-a-democratic-talking-point-a-republican-leader-said-it/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bolton speaks

Says trash would withhold $400M until Ukraine cooperated

Bolton also said he went to Barr about Julie Annie . fat chance Barr would do anything, since he was involved in the Ukraine extortion.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-27-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information