Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you leftist sissies shedding tears over the helicopter pilot that died or just Kobe? Stop worshipping celebrates, that's how you get brainwashed and turn into a sissy.
    Please relate the message to all your fellow Trump s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is worshipping the man, but as a basketball fan the mark and presence he left everywhere in the NBA and in the basketball world in general is second to none. And many of his grew up watching the Spurs go at it with that Lakers team. We can relate with to it in a way and it’s a shattering reminder of how temporary our time on earth is. Just because you think differently than someone else doesn’t mean you should judge how people cope with a death of someone they might not have known personally but still understand how it hits close to home

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An alltime great player and even better father...what a tragedy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe was a ing assassin on the court. He brought it every game. I hated his ball hogging, Spurs murdering ass. However, I respected the fact that he never whined, ed, or moaned anytime defenders covered him like a blanket or were a little too physical.....most of the guards in his era lived in complete mode.

But even more tragic, it wasn't just Kobe that died, it was 4 others as well, including his daughter. So now Vanessa and her others have to bury a husband/father and a sibling....brutal. The same goes for that other family as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe was a ing assassin on the court. He brought it every game. I hated his ball hogging, Spurs murdering ass. However, I respected the fact that he never whined, ed, or moaned anytime defenders covered him like a blanket or were a little too physical.....most of the guards in his era lived in complete mode.

But even more tragic, it wasn't just Kobe that died, it was 4 others as well, including his daughter. So now Vanessa and her others have to bury a husband/father and a sibling....brutal. The same goes for that other family as well.
    rip mambacita

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheriff says 9 dead?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheriff says 9 dead?
    yeah he said 9 not 5.

kobe deserved at least one of nash's MVPs. probably both

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah he said 9 not 5.

kobe deserved at least one of nash's MVPs. probably both
    Kobe didnt deserve his mvp but deserved nash 2nd imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP to one of the best. I have nothing but admiration for his will for the game, his at ude towards bettering yourself and this is a gut punch as a basketball fan. RIP, to you and your family! For your daughter, I'm so sorry to see your light go out way too soon! 13 years old.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The death is almost unthinkable. There are still fans of other teams who hold a grudge because he killed their teams' hopes. Give credit where it's due - the man was damn good. Great.

I just saw this news story. It may be more unthinkable than Kobe's death. How does something like this happen in 2020?:

MSNBC’s Sunday anchor Alison Morris made easily the worst reporting gaffe in 2020. While interviewing sports journalists about the tragic and untimely death of Kobe Bryant, Morris somehow mixed up the “Los Angeles Lakers” with the “Los Angeles N*ggers.”
    It’s almost too hard to believe, but it happened.
    MSNBC appears to have a 15 second delay, as the word didn’t air in some markets. Alison Morris has not addressed the slip-up since it occurred. Her Twitter feed has also not made reference to the embarrassing accident. Some online have suggested she simply said “Nakers” instead of “Lakers,” but our editors hear a hard “g,” not a “k” sound.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    MSNBC’s Sunday anchor Alison Morris made easily the worst reporting gaffe in 2020. While interviewing sports journalists about the tragic and untimely death of Kobe Bryant, Morris somehow mixed up the “Los Angeles Lakers” with the “Los Angeles N*ggers.”
    MSNBC appears to have a 15 second delay, as the word didn’t air in some markets. Alison Morris has not addressed the slip-up since it occurred. Her Twitter feed has also not made reference to the embarrassing accident. Some online have suggested she simply said “Nakers” instead of “Lakers,” but our editors hear a hard “g,” not a “k” sound.
    just saw the video what a slip up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The death is almost unthinkable. There are still fans of other teams who hold a grudge because he killed their teams' hopes. Give credit where it's due - the man was damn good. Great.

I just saw this news story. It may be more unthinkable than Kobe's death. How does something like this happen in 2020?:

just saw the video what a slip up.
    she tweeted that she meant to say Nakers

what the was going on in her head for her to say what she said?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe was supposed to be one of the guys that aged gracefully into his 80s or 90s, and shot the on the air during basketball games throughout his life.

He took care of himself. Didn't gain a bunch of weight after retiring. This is so wrong.
    This

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just stunned to hear this news; it's tragic to see a great man die so young. And to lose a daughter too who hadn't hit the prime of her life yet. I can't imagine what it's like for Vanessa to have to bury a husband and a daughter. I feel fortunate to have gotten to see Kobe play in-person three times, even though one of them was a really bitter playoff loss where he kicked the Spurs ass. RIP to a legend and condolences to the entire Southland. Having lived in Los Angeles for a lot of Kobe's career I know just how much he has always meant to the area. Damn I was really looking forward to seeing him and Tim go into the Hall of Fame together too. Just leaves me with a rotten feeling in my stomach hearing this horrific news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, helicopters. I was always weary of those things, but now I would certainly never even consider riding in one. What a stupid, archaic technology. Just "oops, one thing went wrong and now a bunch of people are dead." ing ridiculous.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grown men crying about millionaires who wouldn't spit on them if they were on fire. ing sank his franchise lmfao and a RAPIST...
    him, his style of BBall ruined the NBA...the star call was practically invented by the NBA for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grown men crying about millionaires who wouldn't spit on them if they were on fire. ing sank his franchise lmfao and a RAPIST...
    him, his style of BBall ruined the NBA...the star call was practically invented by the NBA for him.

Fck u ,tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy and Pop <3. Man they had some wars against Kobe. They're forever intertwined. Kobe always had a great respect and admiration for the spurs, he even had requested a trade to the spurs at one point iirc

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK Boomer

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me his death has been surreal. I really despised him when he first came into the league. His arrogance really got to me along with his Jordan impersonations. Really hated him during the Spurs-Lakers rivalry. The last several years as time went on my dislike for him mellowed out. Getting older will do that for you and I just appreciated the rivalry that he had with the Spurs. The '03 le was my favorite le out of the 5 mainly because the Spurs ended the Lakers 3 peat along with making Kobe cry. Every now and then I will watch the clip of him crying and chuckle or troll my laker friends with it. Now with him being gone watching that clip doesn't mean anything to me anymore. It's no longer fun to watch. One thing Kobe did teach me is the most satisfying victories in life are the hardest victories which is why beating the Lakers '03 meant so much for me.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hated that he played for the Lakers and kicked our ass so much, because if he had been in any other uniform he would've been one of the non-Spurs that I actively rooted for. After a shaky start in terms of maturity, he ended up being a pretty stand-up good guy and seemingly a good father. He probably had a lot more to give the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me his death has been surreal. I really despised him when he first came into the league. His arrogance really got to me along with his Jordan impersonations. Really hated him during the Spurs-Lakers rivalry. The last several years as time went on my dislike for him mellowed out. Getting older will do that for you and I just appreciated the rivalry that he had with the Spurs. The '03 le was my favorite le out of the 5 mainly because the Spurs ended the Lakers 3 peat along with making Kobe cry. Every now and then I will watch the clip of him crying and chuckle or troll my laker friends with it. Now with him being gone watching that clip doesn't mean anything to me anymore. It's no longer fun to watch. One thing Kobe did teach me is the most satisfying victories in life are the hardest victories which is why beating the Lakers '03 meant so much for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horrible news especially to see his daughter passed also. He seemed like a genuine guy and loved life and family. RIP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just stunned to hear this news; it's tragic to see a great man die so young. And to lose a daughter too who hadn't hit the prime of her life yet. I can't imagine what it's like for Vanessa to have to bury a husband and a daughter. I feel fortunate to have gotten to see Kobe play in-person three times, even though one of them was a really bitter playoff loss where he kicked the Spurs ass. RIP to a legend and condolences to the entire Southland. Having lived in Los Angeles for a lot of Kobe's career I know just how much he has always meant to the area. Damn I was really looking forward to seeing him and Tim go into the Hall of Fame together too. Just leaves me with a rotten feeling in my stomach hearing this horrific news.

Thread Information