Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You folks who think this cake walk against Memphis is any indication of the strength of the Spurs game are in for a cold water to the face wakeup call. The Memphis series isn't like the Dallas series a couple years back. Dallas pushed us, but Memphis is worse than just practice and scrimmage. I mean, I doubt scrimmage teams beat each other by 40 ing points. Spurs won't be ready for round 2. They'll struggle. If they get over it, they'll be more primed for a WCF matchup but Memphis is soft as so just pretend it's a RS game on Sunday. (wait, most of you cliff jump and overvalue the meaning of the RS games too).

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a stupid thread tbqfh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm sure everyone knows this, but maybe call Popovich to make sure he knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP attention whoring.

Eastsideboxing Spurs fan bulakenyo's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop it.

Everybody knows MEM is really bad this POs.

Just consider this a first round bye for the Spurs.

Practically, the Spurs only really need 12 legitimate kill or be killed playoff games to win the le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's possible they could struggle in G1R2, but OKC isn't very good, either. So it's a good ramp-up for GSW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got this!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is exactly like the Mavericks series. The Spurs didn't play well until game 7 and a bad team made a series out of it. This opponent is so much worse that they were merely able to make a single game of it, but the fact remains that the Spurs aren't playing well and it's not the opponent causing the poor play. Being rested and healthy for the next round (And having DG shooting 50 percent from three point range) is far more important than being dominant.

Frankly, a sweep where Pop has something to yell at them about and the Spurs can't start admiring their own press clippings would be a good thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is exactly like the Mavericks series. The Spurs didn't play well until game 7 and a bad team made a series out of it. This opponent is so much worse that they were merely able to make a single game of it, but the fact remains that the Spurs aren't playing well and it's not the opponent causing the poor play. Being rested and healthy for the next round (And having DG shooting 50 percent from three point range) is far more important than being dominant.

Frankly, a sweep where Pop has something to yell at them about and the Spurs can't start admiring their own press clippings would be a good thing.
    Spurs in 5 vs OKC imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scrimmage squads don't scrap and claw like the Griz have. Scrimmage squads don't have their personal pride on the line, because it's just a scrimmage. Anybody good enough to make an NBA squad is a pretty damned good basketball player (with the possible exception of Jimmer Fredette). That's why on any given night, the lesser team still has a chance of winning. If the Griz had played with this much intensity, they wouldn't have lost 14 of their last 17 games.

The Griz have controlled what they could control - their effort level. They've played scrappy, aggressive defense and "uglied up" the game as much as possible. So for stretches, they have challenged the Spurs, but they don't have the horsepower to keep that up for a whole game. The effort we've seen from Memphis for those stretches is a lot closer to what the Spurs will see in the second round than you give credit for. They aren't pacing themselves. They come out, put it all on the line until there's nothing left, and then get ground into the dirt.

People say, "Well if the Griz had all there players..." So what? If the Griz had all their players, the Spurs wouldn't have been playing them in the first round. Instead they'd be 3-0 against the Mavs, and OKC would be playing Portland. happens. We're used to the Western Conference being deep down to the 8 seed. But the Griz are pretty typical of the bottom of the Eastern Conference for the last decade or more. Nobody thinks Round 2 or beyond is going to be easy because of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thirteen, ironically, is the Spurs lucky number.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs in 5 vs OKC imo
    Sounds about right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thirteen, ironically, is the Spurs lucky number.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    op basically taking the field vs the spurs so he can bump this thread in a month and say "i told ya so"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    op basically taking the field vs the spurs so he can bump this thread in a month and say "i told ya so"
    The color "wrong" suits you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's not the same if the opponent is much worse. A team that takes you to 7 games and puts you in a "must win" situation tempers you and tests you. If you fail you go home. Against Memphis, there's none of that pressure. It's just to get a couple extra rest days. There's no edge. It's not the same. It is what it is, but what it isn't is a tuneup series. It's more like a formality.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I miss basketball threads...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's possible they could struggle in G1R2, but OKC isn't very good, either. So it's a good ramp-up for GSW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin "7/33" Durant and Russell "Turnover" Westbrook lost a playoff game to Dallas at home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin "7/33" Durant and Russell "Turnover" Westbrook lost a playoff game to Dallas at home.
    Dallas took us to 7 in 2014

Regardless as to how OKC plays against other teams, they've never been a good matchup for SA. Not saying we won't beat them, but unless Parker and Green play more consistently, a series with OKC would go at least 6 games.

Thread Information