Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've lived in San Antonio (off & on), Austin & (DC Area) as a Military Brat and student. I currently live in San Antonio and have been here since 1994. I haven't been to any of the attractions I mentioned because I've "been there, done that". I choose to live here and travel for vacation. The cost of living is low, we have no sales tax and gas is affordable. The only thing that really sucks is the property taxes. Other than that, the food is great & other things the city doesn't offer (quality live music) is within driving distance.

I HATE traffic so I do my best to drive at off-peak times in the worst traffic areas.
    Well there you go to each his own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cant stand Mike Taylor!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio is a cool little city. I moved to Austin from the east coast in 2019 and I had been to San Antonio before for a few months before I moved down here.

I honestly don’t think Austin traffic is as bad as people make it out to be (especially compared to Houston!!) and it’s a pretty cool city, especially if you’re some what into night life and such. San Antonio is definitely geared more towards families in my opinion. Both cities are pretty decent places to live from what I gather. I’m seriously contemplating of buying a house in one of these (surrounding areas for Austin most likely) two cities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yah I hate bags

to be fair, i don't even know if Gervin44Silas13 is liberal; maybe he just hates bags.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Taylor just got a three year extension too recently so he ain’t going nowhere any time soon. He thrives here cause it’s San Antonio. Any other bigger market or such forth and he would’ve been out a long time ago. He barely talks sports. I guess it’s his audience here that adores him and he has a large enough following that’s kept him employed here. What does that say about the people of SA maybe?? I personally wish we had more sports talk out of him and I hate the fact that because of his moving around and the company catering to him that Sports Grind lost an hour and had to go back to only two hours. Pissed me off. And the guy from when I listen, seems to repeat himself lots of times and tells the same old stories about himself over again. In some ways, he’s like the new Lisle and Haun. Those guys were like roaches and never died until finally after god knows how many years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Taylor just got a three year extension too recently so he ain’t going nowhere any time soon. He thrives here cause it’s San Antonio. Any other bigger market or such forth and he would’ve been out a long time ago. He barely talks sports. I guess it’s his audience here that adores him and he has a large enough following that’s kept him employed here. What does that say about the people of SA maybe?? I personally wish we had more sports talk out of him and I hate the fact that because of his moving around and the company catering to him that Sports Grind lost an hour and had to go back to only two hours. Pissed me off. And the guy from when I listen, seems to repeat himself lots of times and tells the same old stories about himself over again. In some ways, he’s like the new Lisle and Haun. Those guys were like roaches and never died until finally after god knows how many years.
    Again, SA is a horribly run or "though out" city. Mike Taylor is a huge drag when it comes to the sports scene around here. He's infinitely faithful to the "Metroplex" and only gives SA backhanded compliments. If we really were a Big City then we'd easily can this fool and hire some real talent. Then again what would they talk about? All we have is the Spurs.

Someone else here just said SA is "a cool little city". How does that sit with you? It's the 6th or 7th largest city int he US yet we're frequently called a town. That is partial reason why pro teams avoid this place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, SA is a horribly run or "though out" city. Mike Taylor is a huge drag when it comes to the sports scene around here. He's infinitely faithful to the "Metroplex" and only gives SA backhanded compliments. If we really were a Big City then we'd easily can this fool and hire some real talent. Then again what would they talk about? All we have is the Spurs.

Someone else here just said SA is "a cool little city". How does that sit with you? It's the 6th or 7th largest city int he US yet we're frequently called a town. That is partial reason why pro teams avoid this place.
    Facts. I hate that we get the “small town feel” moniker all the time. And another thing about him that I’ve heard over again and again. He hates when the topic of getting other pro sports here is brought up, especially nfl. God forbid that were to happen and he couldn’t talk about his Cowboys anymore. Sorry Cowboys fans. Just my take. It’s like the guy secretly likes the fact that we’re “small town” and doesn’t want to see sa thrive. That’s the vibe I get at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

pro team don't avoid SA because of its "small town" feel; they avoid SA because it doesn't have a large enough corporate base. and SA is not about to build another version of the alamodome (at the taxpayers expense) only to have it relegated to being a college/high school/monster truck venue. the SA economy is still built around tourism, the military and the medical industry and none of these are the types of industries that buy up suites and help build stadiums.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pro team don't avoid SA because of its "small town" feel; they avoid SA because it doesn't have a large enough corporate base. and SA is not about to build another version of the alamodome (at the taxpayers expense) only to have it relegated to being a college/high school/monster truck venue. the SA economy is still built around tourism, the military and the medical industry and none of these are the types of industries that buy up suites and help build stadiums.
    In the end I’ll agree with you.

In part, that “small town feel” comes from what you described. It’s about the people that run it. They want that economy because it works for them. As long as that remains the case things will stay the same.... while the population keeps growing and growing. City gets bigger but it stays the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think ive listened to the ticket 760 since like 2005

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last time I listened to sports talk was like three years ago. While I was driving to work, Mike Taylor was on so I listened. His show was the best when he has Jim Bob as a side kick. They were funny and actually did talk sports. The Grind was good, but kind of lost touch with it.

Yeah, I don't like the "small town" bit, but I figure it's people that don't know any better. One of the things I hate to hear is when people that aren't born in San Antonio or even in Texas, refer to this city as "San Antone"! What the ? I know that name has been around for a long time. It's been in several songs I guess to fit the lyrics, but people actually say that. I guess next time I'll refer to Austin as "Aus" or Houston as "Huey".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "It's a bunch of BULLLLSHH" - Mike Taylor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I miss the good ol days of jt the brick,jim rome and tony bruno,tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only sports radio I listen to now (occasionally) is NBA Radio on SiriusXM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only sports radio I listen to now (occasionally) is NBA Radio on SiriusXM.
    Likewise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Grind's Calvin Casey announced on Tuesday that after about 16 years on the radio, that Rudy J will be moving on, starting next week after the holiday. Sounds like Rudy is going in another direction with a new opportunity. The Sports Grind has always been my favorite local radio sports show. Rudy provides balance to the show. I miss Salami's information and input as well, especially when it came to baseball. The guy knows his stuff. Calvin said that next week, he plans to talk to the audience about his plans going forward, but hmmm... it doesn't sound optimistic. I can't really see Cal going forward without Rudy, so it's possible that this could spell the end to a looong time SA radio ins ution that has provided decent local sports talk to the 210. Stay tuned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Grind's Calvin Casey announced on Tuesday that after about 16 years on the radio, that Rudy J will be moving on, starting next week after the holiday. Sounds like Rudy is going in another direction with a new opportunity. The Sports Grind has always been my favorite local radio sports show. Rudy provides balance to the show. I miss Salami's information and input as well, especially when it came to baseball. The guy knows his stuff. Calvin said that next week, he plans to talk to the audience about his plans going forward, but hmmm... it doesn't sound optimistic. I can't really see Cal going forward without Rudy, so it's possible that this could spell the end to a looong time SA radio ins ution that has provided decent local sports talk to the 210. Stay tuned.
    Whats Rudy J gonna be doin now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats Rudy J gonna be doin now?
    Hmmm... Well, Rudy didn't say anything about what he's going to be doing next, nor did Cal, for that matter. As far as the Sports Grind is concerned, listeners will find out next week as to what direction the show is going to go. Calvin may change up the format a bit, or something, or he may have a new partner to work along side(?), or perhaps, the Sports Grind on Ticket 760, may go down in the history books of radio sports talk. Stay tuned...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, calvin doesn't have the ability to carry on the show in rudy's absence so i think this is the end of the grind; it's certainly the end of the grind as we know it. calvin is acid and he needs a buffer to neutralize him. rudy was just the person to do it. i also think that cal has some health issues. this likely means that ticket wil have to resort to some nationally syndicated show to take the place of the grind. which will suck. local sports talk is dead now-duel is awful and taylor is lazy with the same tired schtick and he shows no interest in actually talking about sports.

Thread Information