Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So in other words you just pulled it out of your ass and have no actual empirical evidence
    So you are too dumb to trust what something with a ton of experience in catching fish tells you about fishing?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You said it, not me

even sicker old got
    Why this..."I;m actually re ed"...stuff from you?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So you are too dumb to trust what something with a ton of experience in catching fish tells you about fishing?
    Like a giant fish catching robot!?!?!!??

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Like a giant fish catching robot!?!?!!??
    I' really pissed off at your parents, why they let you on their computer, ?????

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I' really pissed off at your parents, why they let you on their computer, ?????
    Do you want to spank me old man? Cuz that's not a normal feeling.
    Are you going to pull a Bruce Jenner but say you're a 13 year old gay boy trapped in the body of a 60 year old man?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Do you want to spank me old man? Cuz that's not a normal feeling.
    Are you going to pull a Bruce Jenner but say you're a 13 year old gay boy trapped in the body of a 60 year old man?
    You never seem to really understand anything guy. And you try so hard to impress the reader instead of talking to me/others. You also don't know about anything.

Why not bug those more on your level, ok?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    :

It's been demonstrated community by community that poor white people act about just as badly as poor people from other 'races.'

Including violent crime?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You never seem to really understand anything guy. And you try so hard to impress the reader instead of talking to me/others. You also don't know about anything.

Why not bug those more on your level, ok?
    I know a lot of things about a lot of things. Do you want to play a trivia game?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I know a lot of things about a lot of things. Do you want to play a trivia game?
    Make a thread and keep it away from your job or things others don't talk about. All the things I talk about I talk with others about. There are sites out there dedicated to pro rasslin'/football/track/blues. Don't go off into things only you care about, ok?

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Did someone say goats?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Same sweet nothing you whispered in that poor boys ear, 45 years ago in Olongopo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Speaking of goats...here comes Spur-Addict!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Speaking of goats...here comes Spur-Addict!
    Beast Mode is the goat tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    That your chick, cantthinkofanything? Handle your biz!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    If you're going to separate yourselves from the rest of society don't be upset when society accepts that based on your performance.
    Hence why the bulk of my post is me saying I'm against people separating themselves based on race. I think the rest of your post sort of misses my point, though I don't really disagree with what you're saying. I don't think that education is stressed as much in every community. I know blacks have a lot of cultural pressure against being educated. I know as a black man who had to deal with the discrimination due to not having a particularly "black" accent.

But what you need is equal opportunity, because the only way for any culture to change (provided it insists on remaining a culture) is for those directing the change to be given the opportunity to prosper. Standardized education wouldn't yield equality over night. But it would expedite the process, because you eliminate the sect of people who have the will to get out of poverty but lack the means. The majority refuse to take it? So what? It's not like they were going to succeed in a worse education system.

You standardize government education, and you eliminate the motives behind affirmative action. You also do a lot to undercut the learned helplessness that many groups have acquired because liberal folks have spent the better part of a half-century coddling them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That your chick, cantthinkofanything? Handle your biz!
    She's not mine yet. I was able to steal this picture of Goddess from her parent's house. I think I can have her though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hence why the bulk of my post is me saying I'm against people separating themselves based on race. I think the rest of your post sort of misses my point, though I don't really disagree with what you're saying. I don't think that education is stressed as much in every community. I know blacks have a lot of cultural pressure against being educated. I know as a black man who had to deal with the discrimination due to not having a particularly "black" accent.
    I sense a distant "they" in your tone when you speak of cultural pressure. The pressure is coming from blacks themselves. I know blacks aren't a geneous group, but the pressure isn't coming from other races.

So I touched on just why black men are underachievers in the senses I mentioned, compared to all other men. It comes down to upbringing and it's a lasting vicious circle that's hard to break out of, especially considering what you just said about cultural pressure against education. Overcoming the poverty barrier is hard enough. Add single parent, friends who disrespect you if you try to become formally educated and the predominant bias against you because you're black to begin with, and the escape vector is much narrower for the poor black male than for the poor white one. I get that, and that's why I mentioned it.

At some point people have to take personal accountability. Society cannot do that for them.
    But what you need is equal opportunity, because the only way for any culture to change (provided it insists on remaining a culture) is for those directing the change to be given the opportunity to prosper. Standardized education wouldn't yield equality over night. But it would expedite the process, because you eliminate the sect of people who have the will to get out of poverty but lack the means. The majority refuse to take it? So what? It's not like they were going to succeed in a worse education system.
    There's quite a difference between opportunity and charity. There's no innate right to receive attempt after attempt to force educate a culture of people at the expense of those who bootstrapped themselves into a middle class lifestyle. You build better schools, you have to put Constantine wire around them to keep the computers from walking away, to keep gangs out, keep graffiti off the walls. Why don't those in the district defend the schools? They won't, instead they'll riot and burn things to the ground if someone gets arrested for the said offenses. How do you continue to provide an equal opportunity for people who aren't part of that but live in it? It's not equal if you spend 3x as much to police and maintain a school district because it's laced with thugs, street crime and illegal substance sales even at the schools themselves.

It starts with accountability. I've not seen a lot of it from the black community. The public enemy number 1 for blacks is the collection of "we got your back" black spotlight seekers like Sharpton and previously Jackson. There's money to be made saying what a group of like minded individuals already believe, and while these clowns preach to you that you're not being treated fairly, you're out killing each other and burning your own neighborhoods to the ground.

I know you know this more than I do, but charity isn't the answer. It's been tried for 40 years. Opportunity isn't charity. A lake of fresh water available for all doesn't become less available for people too lazy to walk to it. It's not equal opportunity to truck it to them so they can piss in it.
    You standardize government education, and you eliminate the motives behind affirmative action. You also do a lot to undercut the learned helplessness that many groups have acquired because liberal folks have spent the better part of a half-century coddling them.
    If you standardized education you'd have even more black males uneducated. When you invoke the government you employ pass/fail criteria that's non-conforming to socioeconomic differences across the spectrum of classes. Governments will always have a generic offering, it's up to individuals to make sure they get the most of it. While there's a safety net that some people feel is more of a hammock, there's not going to be the hunger pangs that drive people to relocate their priorities.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You can demonstrate that normalization has been done improperly. It is also necessary for controlling experiments and arriving at specific conclusions because it disproves other cause.

It's been demonstrated community by community that poor white people act about just as badly as poor people from other 'races.'
    You just type a bunch of words and never made a single point. Blacks represent a disproportionate population of prisons across the US. Why, if it's just a poverty issue, since there are more poor whites than poor blacks?

you sourced the raw data but you didn't source the causal link. All your whopper conclusions speaking to the motives of your stereotype are in the second half and see you out on a limb all by your lonesome.

You ain't got just like your warrior gene stupidity. But DMC white people have the gene too. . . .
    What gene do they have?

I made the causal link. Unlike you I don't need someone to tell me what to think. Instead of offering a different opinion, you just ged out.
    American Renaissance does a better job and their attempts are ty too. Nice to see you borrow their techniques.
    Hey look, someone said something about being a technician, go tear them down with your cubicle job.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You just type a bunch of words and never made a single point. Blacks represent a disproportionate population of prisons across the US. Why, if it's just a poverty issue, since there are more poor whites than poor blacks?

What gene do they have?

I made the causal link. Unlike you I don't need someone to tell me what to think. Instead of offering a different opinion, you just ged out.

Hey look, someone said something about being a technician, go tear them down with your cubicle job.
    So you are just going to abandon the normalization line of argument completely and go for the whiney begging of the question. You not being able to figure out the answer to your question is not an argument. That is WC style wishful thinking.

Always can count on you nihilist dimwits to abandon ship.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I sense a distant "they" in your tone when you speak of cultural pressure. The pressure is coming from blacks themselves. I know blacks aren't a geneous group, but the pressure isn't coming from other races.

So I touched on just why black men are underachievers in the senses I mentioned, compared to all other men. It comes down to upbringing and it's a lasting vicious circle that's hard to break out of, especially considering what you just said about cultural pressure against education. Overcoming the poverty barrier is hard enough. Add single parent, friends who disrespect you if you try to become formally educated and the predominant bias against you because you're black to begin with, and the escape vector is much narrower for the poor black male than for the poor white one. I get that, and that's why I mentioned it.

At some point people have to take personal accountability. Society cannot do that for them.
    The "they" you're sensing refers to anyone who defines themselves and other by race. In this case, I was especially referring to black people who criticize other blacks based on their level of education or mainstream association. How you don't see that I'm arguing for individualism and personal accountability is beyond me.

There's quite a difference between opportunity and charity. There's no innate right to receive attempt after attempt to force educate a culture of people at the expense of those who bootstrapped themselves into a middle class lifestyle. You build better schools, you have to put Constantine wire around them to keep the computers from walking away, to keep gangs out, keep graffiti off the walls. Why don't those in the district defend the schools? They won't, instead they'll riot and burn things to the ground if someone gets arrested for the said offenses. How do you continue to provide an equal opportunity for people who aren't part of that but live in it? It's not equal if you spend 3x as much to police and maintain a school district because it's laced with thugs, street crime and illegal substance sales even at the schools themselves.

It starts with accountability. I've not seen a lot of it from the black community. The public enemy number 1 for blacks is the collection of "we got your back" black spotlight seekers like Sharpton and previously Jackson. There's money to be made saying what a group of like minded individuals already believe, and while these clowns preach to you that you're not being treated fairly, you're out killing each other and burning your own neighborhoods to the ground.

I know you know this more than I do, but charity isn't the answer. It's been tried for 40 years. Opportunity isn't charity. A lake of fresh water available for all doesn't become less available for people too lazy to walk to it. It's not equal opportunity to truck it to them so they can piss in it.
    I don't think we disagree much. I have no tolerance for people who piss away opportunities and especially for those who disrupt others taking advantage of their own opportunities. And the black community is awful for the most part at encouraging intellectual and societal growth. No argument with that. The difference is between our views on how to change that. I think we both agree that the ultimate change will have to occur in the minds of black people. However, you think it has to be a group thing, while I'm much more inclined to believe it will only be an individual choice. One has to decide for themselves to go for what they want and to make something of themselves.

We just need to take socioeconomics out of it, because not doing so goes against the meritocratic view we seem to share. It's not an individual fault that he's surrounded by idiots who will steal all the computers and harass teachers into changing schools. If he has to struggle just to get a standard education, then that's not anymore fair that rich people having to spend money to improve the quality of education for other people's kids. Why is it that only that absolute more driven and gifted poor kids will be able to reach where richer kids can reach? How is it fair that one group has to try harder simply because their peers are inferior?

If you standardized education you'd have even more black males uneducated. When you invoke the government you employ pass/fail criteria that's non-conforming to socioeconomic differences across the spectrum of classes. Governments will always have a generic offering, it's up to individuals to make sure they get the most of it. While there's a safety net that some people feel is more of a hammock, there's not going to be the hunger pangs that drive people to relocate their priorities.
    I think we'd see a split between folks who can't hang and folks who can. Maybe that split is 80-20 in favor of people flunking out, but that's better than a situation where no one is going to advance. People either respond or they don't. If they don't, em. Don't give them welfare, or free health care or any other type of long-term safety net. But if they do, then that's just reduces the number of people in the cesspool and the chances of someone worthy slipping through the cracks.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I cannot believe all that crap typed above when it's very very short and simple....

As long as black men refuse to accept responsible for their kids the black world will be ed up. That's it, all that other starts right there. That is the problem.

Black boys grow up looking at the older thugs in the neighborhood not their dad. Because they have no dad.

Look at our boy Kool, there is a perfect example. The boy is totally clueless, he really doesn't know any better. He really does think things are like that, and I'm dead serious. He can't figure out he is being manipulated by those knowing just how limited young blacks are.

If black men accepted their responsibilities and stayed in the home and raised their kids we wouldn't be having this thread.
    Last edited by Avante; 04-28-2015 at 08:38 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Using raw stats and not normalizing for socioeconomics is fun I guess. It's typical stupidity from you.
    Excellent counter-argument, will read again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    dumb blacks hate uncle toms

but those hypocrites have no problem looking for a black player coach, black lawyer, black professionals in any type of field....

lol dumb blacks...shouldve stayed in school or go learn a trade to make something out of your life then continue to thug life

Thread Information