Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    "Monster trade with Fultz/Saric"

Throw in Covington's ty contract & RC will sign it ASAP

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have no reason to take a bad offer. I agree if the 76ers want to give everything they have then the Spurs might as well just take them for all they have. But most importantly, it would be nice if they take Pau's contract with them. That could sweeten the deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fultz, Saric, Covington, 10th pick and Parsecniks is the closest thing to a grandslam offer that Philly can offer. That is a pretty damn good haul for Kawhi and Mills, if the Spurs are really looking at moving Kawhi.
    Yeah, that would be a dream offer tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed but we need to be careful, Simmons and Embiid are proven and have less risk, they also might have a lower ceiling. Fultz is more athletic and has a better shot than Simmons and we already have DJ who also has no 3 point shot. Embiid has injuries issues.

Fultz, Saric, and the 10th pick are not as bad as it looks if Fultz gets healthy, and I would assume the Spurs will do their research on that. Saric is an upgrade over Pau, and the 10th & 18th picks would give us some nice young players. One who might be an all-star. In recent years we have a ridiculous amount of talent late first round, early second; Donovan Mitc and Kuzma are two examples.
    Saric is a really good young player. He could be an borderline All Star player eventually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why do people want to offload pau and patty? If we're offloading kawhi for low salary players we'll have room and the expiring nature will be valuable next season?

creating cap space is onlygood if a free agent wants to play with LMA. It's not out of the question, just not likey

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like seriously

After this election year how can anyone trust the media? What athlete or coach truly respects the media??

It’s all for clicks and hype...

The media has been trying to kill the Spurs since 2000..:they’ll jump on anything like a in heat to get a Top 5 player in a bigger/better market

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet that still feels like a solo shot. "Grand slam" to me includes both Simmons and Embiid, not that it would ever happen.
    I said "can offer" Simmons and Embiid are untouchables.

Its solid deal that could be a great deal depending Fultz. Saric is barely 24 and is an above average starting stretch 4, Covington is 27 and has yet to start that ridiculously cheap extension that might be one of the most valuable contracts in the league (he's getting like $10 million a year for the next 4 seasons), Spurs could easily flip that for a 1st to a team should they decided to blow it up) and Fultz is one year removed from a season where he put up 23ppg, 6 rpg, 6 apg, and shot 40% from 3 in college.

He had a serious shoulder injury that derailed his rookie season but if it checks out then its worth the risk. He's not even 20 yet and gives the Spurs their best chance at getting a high upside PG and also probably could fit well beside Murray-if the Spurs were to go that route. The 10th pick would give the Spurs their highest pick since Duncan and Parsekniks is an athletic, mobile, 7'2 big with some stretch that could project as a future starting 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have no reason to take a bad offer. I agree if the 76ers want to give everything they have then the Spurs might as well just take them for all they have. But most importantly, it would be nice if they take Pau's contract with them. That could sweeten the deal
    Mills contract is the one that I want them to take. Gasol's is a basically a 1-year deal, anyways. Assuming Fultz would be coming back in a deal with the 76ers, then Mills would likely need to be moved to clear out playing time and a role for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Its solid deal that could be a great deal depending Fultz. Saric is barely 24 and is an above average starting stretch 4, Covington is 27 and has yet to start that ridiculously cheap extension that might be one of the most valuable contracts in the league (he's getting like $10 million a year for the next 4 seasons), Spurs could easily flip that for a 1st to a team should they decided to blow it up) and Fultz is one year removed from a season where he put up 23ppg, 6 rpg, 6 apg, and shot 40% from 3 in college.

He had a serious shoulder injury that derailed his rookie season but if it checks out then its worth the risk. He's not even 20 yet and gives the Spurs their best chance at getting a high upside PG and also probably could fit well beside Murray-if the Spurs were to go that route. The 10th pick would give the Spurs their highest pick since Duncan and Parsekniks is an athletic, mobile, 7'2 big with some stretch that could project as a future starting 5.
    I agree with this. A Philly package would be far from “trash” if Fultz recovers. I think the ability to move one of Patty and Gasol should not be dismissed, nor ability to get multiple stashes/2nd. Lastly, acquiring Fultz gives Spurs a shot to use Murray creatively for other assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi can make life tough on SA. He does not hold all the leverage but he holds enough to surpress his trade value immensely

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lamarcus and Patty to Philly.......

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the big problem with Fultz:

His value will crash through the floor.

Every Trainwreck lottery pick has their most value after the first year of playing. Okafor would have gotten a lot more in return if he had been moved after year one. Same with Noel after his first year playing. DeAngelo Russell was enough to get off the Mozgov deal, I doubt he would be enough to get off that deal now.

Adrian Payne was able to be traded for a future first half way through his rookie year, soon out of the league.

What going to happen if the Spurs hold on to that headcase to rehab his value? He'll barely play behind Murray, Mills and Parker etc, then you hope you can get 2 seconds for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with this. A Philly package would be far from “trash” if Fultz recovers. I think the ability to move one of Patty and Gasol should not be dismissed, nor ability to get multiple stashes/2nd. Lastly, acquiring Fultz gives Spurs a shot to use Murray creatively for other assets.
    Mills was apart of my trade proposal, moving his contract and simply waiving and stretching Pau after next season, on top of saving the money that would've been spent on a Kawhi supermax deal would clear the books and allow for the Spurs to have ton of flexibility going forward with prospects on cheap deals that can be retained during RFA and possibly even going after free agents, particularly in the 19-20 season where they could easily have $ 30 million in cap space.

I would at least see how Murray develops this season and how he would potentially fit with Fultz before considering moving him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the big problem with Fultz:

His value will crash through the floor.

Every Trainwreck lottery pick has their most value after the first year of playing. Okafor would have gotten a lot more in return if he had been moved after year one. Same with Noel after his first year playing. DeAngelo Russell was enough to get off the Mozgov deal, I doubt he would be enough to get off that deal now.

Adrian Payne was able to be traded for a future first half way through his rookie year, soon out of the league.

What going to happen if the Spurs hold on to that headcase to rehab his value? He'll barely play behind Murray, Mills and Parker etc, then you hope you can get 2 seconds for him.
    ^ Weird logic, tbh.

What makes him a trainwreck lottery pick? He missed most of the season with a shoulder injury. By that logic, Simmons, Embiid and Blake Griffin were all natural disasters following missing their rookie seasons.

Spurs know the risk of acquiring Fultz; he may never regain his form and just be an average or even below average NBA guard, or he could regain his shooting form and eventually emerge as a top 10 PG in the league. They have to weigh the risk and view his medical information and make an informed decision and hope everything works out for the best. If it works out, then the addition of the Lakers pick and potentially Saric, Parsekniks and Covington could make that deal a steal.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair enough. I think that "grand slam" means different things to each team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All these clickbait sites always have "according to league execs" when u actually read it... League execs don't know sh*t about what's actually happening, and are just guessing along with the rest of us... Matter of fact, we know more than them because we are actually following our team... They have their own team and agendas to worry about... So when they're asked, they just go by what they saw on bleacher report

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All these clickbait sites always have "according to league execs" when u actually read it... League execs don't know sh*t about what's actually happening, and are just guessing along with the rest of us... Matter of fact, we know more than them because we are actually following our team... They have their own team and agendas to worry about... So when they're asked, they just go by what they saw on bleacher report
    so now Spurstalk posters know more than “league execs?”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers 'grandslam' offer is kind of a joke, typical national media bias.

If Kevin O'Connor was writing back in 97 he'd be one on the national media idiots calling for the Spurs to trade #1 for #3 & #6 from Boston. They couldn't find a better trading partner, and Duncan can't play with Robinson!
    Yep, but people would slurp that up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. The Spurs panicked when prior problem children wanted out (Rodman and Derek Anderson). As a result, they only got Will Perdue and a damaged Steve Smith back.

Hold on to your cards, RC.
    We might have been on the losing end of those trades, but we did eventually get replacements for both of them that were significant upgrades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Monster trade with Fultz/Saric"

That trade needs to include a Simmons or Embiid tbh
    for sure

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Spurmfan demanding players like Kyrie, Simmons, and Embiid be included. Stop smoking penis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem is, I've never seen Fultz as all that promising. If he doesn't pan, this is essentially a trade for a bunch of air.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unsurprising, given Kiwi's questionable health. He has to prove he can play a majority of the season to get paid... other teams are also wary of the situation. It's in Kiwi's interest to mend fences too. He spent an entire season ... or rather, his uncle... burning it down.

Thread Information