My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the is this clown that thinks that Carter deserves a spot on the Hall of Fame for "being the best dunker of all-time" but not the former MVP Allen Iverson?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...make-hall-fame
    Last edited by DAF86; 12-12-2012 at 09:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    T-Mac and AI are the only two on that list who deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hahaha he nixed everyone but wants Carter to be HoF on the basis of being 'the best dunker'
    love bad sports journalism

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ethan Sherwood Strauss is a writer for bleacherreport.

Yes, bleacherreport.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    T-Mac and AI are the only two on that list who deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.
    Even TMac is rather questionable IMHO. So much skill & physical talent, yet never really win in any level, even with good helps in some of his prime years, the epitome of the word "loser".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ethan Sherwood Strauss is a writer for bleacherreport.

Yes, bleacherreport.
    Well I guess everything makes sense now. At least it was an above average perspective for a bleacherreport writer, could have been much worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill deserves it for his college career and his first 7 years when he was a triple-double machine.

I'd put Grant in before Tmac or Carter honestly. AI, of course, is a lock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iverson is a lock, MVP is an automatic Hall of Fame selection..

Vince is borderline, but he'll get in for his name and for longevity..

That "writer" is terrible, though..is it really that easy to be featured on ESPN's website?..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not even hating on Carter, I used to be a fan of his Raptors days and I could see a case for him being a Hall of Famer but to say Carter is and Iverson isn't is just namlook re ed.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    AI should be a lock, as others have stated.

Carter..........meh. He peaked in 2001 imo...that was the height of his NBA Power. He burst on the scene in 2000; with all those GW shots and highlight reel dunks, then took the Raps to within 1 point of the ECF a year later. He shouldn't have walked for his diploma earlier in the day...his career was uninspiring after that. Plenty o' stats, but no particular games of significance that can be recalled (at least in the NBA)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AI should be a lock, as others have stated.

Carter..........meh. He peaked in 2001 imo...that was the height of his NBA Power. He burst on the scene in 2000; with all those GW shots and highlight reel dunks, then took the Raps to within 1 point of the ECF a year later. He shouldn't have walked for his diploma earlier in the day...his career was uninspiring after that. Plenty o' stats, but no particular games of significance that can be recalled (at least in the NBA)
    Yep. Never developed his game. Kobe, T-Mac, Carter were essentially identical players in the early 00s, but only one proved to have any drive or work ethic. Vince coulda been a contender if he put in the work like Kobe, who, funny enough, was probably the least naturally gifted of the three. T-Mac gets somewhat of a pass due to injuries, but he always struck me as a bit listless, as well.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carter. He should have been as good as Kobe or better. More athletic, better size, just as good a jumpshot... but then about 02 or so he became a scared got who jacked up threes instead of attacking the rim the way he did from 99-01. Dude was an MVP talent; I can understand why great talents like Pierce jacked up lots of long threes, but someone with Carter's athleticism should have been a way better version of Dwayne Wade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vince's game has never been the issue, his offense is versatile..good passer, good post game, good shooter, etc..

He has been a solid defensive player in Dallas, too..

His problem was killer instinct and will to win, tbh..he never gave a about being the best, which is the difference between Carter and Kobe..he settles for bad shots and doesn't do anything it takes..

He started caring the past 2 years, realizing that his career is winding down..he has developed into a very good role player and leader, there was an article on it a few weeks ago on Grantland..

Thread Information