Page 909 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 40980985989990590690790890991091191291391995910091409 ... LastLast
Results 22,701 to 22,725 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris Johnson and UK making Trump and US look like decent president and country

I remember well back las march UK tories and Boris were selling the herd immunity strategy

Imagine if somehow Trump had sold it here for a while. Wed be looking at possibly double the deaths imo

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris Johnson and UK making Trump and US look like decent president and country

I remember well back las march UK tories and Boris were selling the herd immunity strategy

Imagine if somehow Trump had sold it here for a while. Wed be looking at possibly double the deaths imo
    I don't know if it says more about Trump or you that you didn't realize we have been on the herd immunity strategy since about September.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if it says more about Trump or you that you didn't realize we have been on the herd immunity strategy since about September.
    Product type: Nucleic acid testing (NAT) technologies that use polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for detection of SARS-CoV-2

Date: 13 January 2021

WHO-identifier: 2020/5, version 2

Target audience: laboratory professionals and users of IVDs.

Purpose of this notice: clarify information previously provided by WHO. This notice supersedes WHO Information Notice for In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Device (IVD) Users 2020/05 version 1, issued 14 December 2020.

Description of the problem: WHO requests users to follow the instructions for use (IFU) when interpreting results for specimens tested using PCR methodology.

Users of IVDs must read and follow the IFU carefully to determine if manual adjustment of the PCR positivity threshold is recommended by the manufacturer

Lol WHO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ fake news

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Product type: Nucleic acid testing (NAT) technologies that use polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for detection of SARS-CoV-2

Date: 13 January 2021

WHO-identifier: 2020/5, version 2

Target audience: laboratory professionals and users of IVDs.

Purpose of this notice: clarify information previously provided by WHO. This notice supersedes WHO Information Notice for In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Device (IVD) Users 2020/05 version 1, issued 14 December 2020.

Description of the problem: WHO requests users to follow the instructions for use (IFU) when interpreting results for specimens tested using PCR methodology.

Users of IVDs must read and follow the IFU carefully to determine if manual adjustment of the PCR positivity threshold is recommended by the manufacturer

Lol WHO
    From the who site....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Use your own words

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Use your own words
    Already have since March

Pcr test ran at 40 CT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already have since March

Pcr test ran at 40 CT
    The who now on board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ lol didn't read

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Use your own words
    yep, folded per par

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The who now on board.
    Pcr and asymptomatic testing not advised / thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ gossip

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Complete incompetence':

Biden officials fume after Trump leaves them 'nonexistent' vaccine plan

Biden officials were shocked to learn that former President Donald Trump and

his team never bothered to develop a plan for distributing the vaccine for the novel coronavirus.

"There is nothing for us to rework," said one official. "We are going to have to build everything from scratch."

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-response

How many MORE 10Ks unnecessarily diseased and dead Americans by Trash

AFTER the "Operation Warp Speed" vaccines became available with no Trump plan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'My American friends, help us out':

Frustrated Ford asks U.S. to help out in Canada's Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine delay

The premier said that it is “troubling” and a “massive concern” that Canada will see a reduction in Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine doses, with next week’s shipment being deferred entirely.

“Other people are getting them, the European Union’s getting them, why not Canada. That’s my question to Pfizer, we need your support.”

https://news.yahoo.com/ford-ontario-...m_medium=email

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frustration in Europe, North America over Pfizer vaccine delays

Pfizer announced a temporary reduction in deliveries so it could upscale its Belgium plant.

The delay, which the pharma giant said would last a few weeks, affects not only the number of people who can get inoculated during that period but also throws off the careful choreography that governments mapped out to get elderly residents and caregivers the required two doses within a strict timetable of several weeks.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/1/20/delay-in-pfizer-vaccine-shipments-frustrate-europe-north-america

Operation Warp Speed?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said The NY Times was under the control of the CIA so wassup?
    Whats the inside story as you see it?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Those administering vaccines were pleased to discover a five-dose vial could be stretched to six doses,

but Pfizer, which hasn’t addressed the complaints,

cut vial shipments to reflect that.

Now inoculators are coming up short, and they want their bonus doses back.
    "

-- OZY email

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seem to
    sugggests
    potentially

Its still very early and this the speculation

The following is worrisome of true. 3 new variants

distinct versions of the virus seem to have independently converged on some of the same mutations, despite being thousands of miles apart in the United Kingdom, South Africa, and Brazil. (A mutation is a genetic change; a variant is a virus with a specific set of mutations.) The fact that these mutations have popped up not one, not two, but now three times—that we know of—in variants with unusual behavior suggests that they confer an evolutionary advantage to the virus. All three variants seem to be becoming more common. And all three are potentially more transmissible.

Converging on the same design this quickly says not only is this mutating quickly, but getting selected for the same environmental factor which in this case is ability to spread thru a varying human population. We can tweak the vaccine, but this requires a brand new distribution method which the Trump people never even bothered to address. Joe starting from scratch, good luck. His people must be stunned at the lack of forethought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yikes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nomenclature is a

One naming system that researchers developed to indicate the evolutionary relationships between SARS-CoV-2 lineages calls the same variant B.1.1.7, whereas another with the same goal dubs it 20I/501Y.V1. ‘The UK variant’ is popular in the media — although some British newspapers have even described it as ‘the Kent variant’, after the county in southeast England that first saw a e in transmissions associated with the lineage. Variants identified in South Africa and Brazil have received similar monikers. Terms such as ‘variant’, ‘lineage’ and ‘strain’ add to the confusion, because they have no unambiguous definitions and are sometimes used interchangeably.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00097-w

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Scientists Are Learning About Covid-19 Using the Nation’s Blood Supply

Labs and blood banks collect millions of blood samples each month, offering a distinctive source of data on the disease

Their data so far suggest that

a lot of people have had Covid-19 without ever receiving a diagnosis.

Confirmed case counts suggest that almost 7 percent of people in the U.S. have had the virus.

Data from the arm of the study looking at blood from clinical laboratory tests from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico found

rates of antibody positivity that at times ranged from under 1 percent in some states to 23 percent in New York.

Data from the American Red Cross, which is providing serosurveillance data as part of the MASS study, indicated that

8.4 percent of U.S. blood donors it tested in a week in late November carried antibodies to Covid-19 in their blood,

That was roughly double the percentage of the U.S. population that had had confirmed cases by that time.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/what-scientists-are-learning-about-covid-19-using-nations-blood-supply-180976772/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thousands of COVID Vaccine Appointments Are Being Canceled Because of Supply Problems

The U.S. is already behind on its vaccination goals.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4adb...upply-problems

Thread Information