Page 133 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 4810
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Refresher:

Ohio State. We have an assistant coach who beats his wife regularly. Gets in trouble with the police. Urban takes care of thiswith his wife with the SAME IN HOUSE COUNSELING that worked on Hernandez. The coach is a nut and then basically keeps up his horrible behavior till it all caves in. Urban the savior of course knows nothing about it but then he suddenly remembers when OSU does an investigation. Meyer lies yet again about his involvement until he is finally forced to fess up with more investigation. He lies DIRECTLY on TV to the Big 10x OSU keeps him on and is lambasted by the Big 10 and people on this board when Tom Herman (no angel) is mentioned.

But Urban again quits under pressure (yeah I would feel a bit guilty) because of horrible head aches. Now Urban is good again because he is a good analyst on TV.
    Does anyone here remember the remarks people from THIS board made about OSU and Meyer. Or is everyone new here now that TFloss has left?

No behavior pattern here, nothing to see, he is a great coach.

Do we need more? There is more. Will it all be discussed by our vetting committee? Should be interesting. This is like a frkkn carnival. Will the UT Public relations people clean all this up with what, Lysol?

I have no doubt we will improve under him. He is as good as Dabo or Sabin. He will March with the players instead of kissing them.

Punt

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Art is live and doing well up the road about 60+ miles.
    Great.

Great guy that Art.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    "Let he without sin, cast the first stone"

Truly, it is hard to find anybody that SOMEBODY doesn't have something "questionable" in their past. Urban brings a winning culture. If you don't have the AD to make sure the coaches stay in line, your administration is messed up.
    yeah we are all sinners.

so let’s not talk about it.
    We will do better in the future.

Yeah. Messed up admin keeping coaches in line. See Ohio State.
    , yes hire him! OSU rocks.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So those of you who are not Urban Meyer fans, give me some reasons why you are not a fan (other than the two systematic abuses of power by keeping problems in house and taken care of by coach and counselor Meyer. When it looks like they were clearly law and order problems that needed more than a football coach.)

There is more. I know there is more.
    What do you guys have a problem with?

Those that just want to win, no need to answer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Those that just want to win...I thought that was the object. He’s not the ing anti-Christ, but I’m enjoying this and will enjoy the subsequent meltdown if he’s hired.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Those that just want to win...I thought that was the object. He’s not the ing anti-Christ, but I’m enjoying this and will enjoy the subsequent meltdown if he’s hired.
    What would it matter if he was the an anti Christ.
    Your position is clear.

Honestly you are way ahead on the leader of young men BS. The goal on this level was always the same as pro football. Just win baby. With the added value of a “Christian education”
    by a guy named after a Pope.

This hopefully spreads completely to the HS level for good preparation.

Interesting Aside: I think one of the popes named Urban told Galileo to stfu and threw him in “solitary”

Im guessing there will be zero meltdowns if he is hired, because he knows how to win as long as the school, police, boosters stay out of his way,
    Last edited by pgardn; 10-25-2020 at 09:46 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What would it matter if he was the an anti Christ.
    Your position is clear.

Honestly you are way ahead on the leader of young men BS. The goal on this level was always the same as pro football. Just win baby. With the added value of a “Christian” education by a guy named after a Pope.

This hopefully spreads completely to the HS level for good preparation.

And there is really no need to associate sport with an educational ins ution anymore imo.
    Hopefully this is meltdown worthy.
    I love it, this certain thought process that flows through the minds of the holy. The line of thought that Texas isn’t complicit in the sins of college football and college sports in general. We are, we just don’t have the skins on the wall. All we have is an endless loop of the 2006 Rose Bowl continuously playing on our barren cable network.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I love it, this certain thought process that flows through the minds of the holy. The line of thought that Texas isn’t complicit in the sins of college football and college sports in general. We are, we just don’t have the skins on the wall. All we have is an endless loop of the 2006 Rose Bowl continuously playing on our barren cable network.
    Minds of the holy...
    Its oh so holy to not want to have to deal with a coach who tries to save players and gets them get out of jail free cards for a couple of years of their lives.

You go Art Briles.
    Seriously, this guy was a damn good coach, let’s get him as an assistant.

And the BS of UT complicity with the implications it’s on the level of Baylor or Florida under Meyer. No difference here, we are all guilty.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Minds of the holy...
    Its oh so holy to not want to have to deal with a coach who tries to save players and gets them get out of jail free cards for a couple of years of their lives.

You go Art Briles.

And the BS of UT complicity with the implications it’s on the level of Baylor or Florida under Meyer. No difference here, we are all guilty.
    So now we’re comparing Art Briles to Urban Meyer. By the way, if we’re going to give Urban for Zach Smith, Casey Horny is still on our staff. Tom was best friends with the dude. But please, I’m enjoying your sermon. Please continue.

I have no say in who is hired in case Tom goes.If I did it would be Urban orkeep Tom and save the money.

I have no say in who is hired in case Tom goes.If I did it would be Urban orkeep Tom and save the money.
    That's probably a prudent position to take.

I think Herman needs to be replaced not only due to poor on-field performance during a season everyone was pointing to for success (2020 is going to be our year!) but also for poor off season leadership which has divided the team and the fan base. The problem is that I dont see any promising up and coming coach or available experienced coach that can unify the team, boosters and fan base other than Meyer. If it is not Meyer, then I would like to see some legit suggestions who it should be.

The unfortunate thing is that we are in a CFB age where there is so much money at stake (eg, salaries, invested in capital improvements, and networks, etc) that big programs cant wait 10, 15 or 20 years for a coach to grow and mature into his potential. I believe Herman will be a very good HC... some day... but the climate nowadays just doesnt lend itself to waiting for that to happen if it takes more than 3-6 yrs, Part of the lack of patience to wait on Herman is Herman's fault. Not unlike Akers & Mackovic, arrogance will be tolerated as long as the team is collecting hardware but arrogance (towards administration, boosters & fan base) will not be tolerated with multiple, successive, below expectation seasons. In Mackovic's case, it only took ONE below expectation season ('97) to get fired after three conference championships in a row - that is how much he was disliked - and I believe Herman is inching closer to Mackovic level of disfavor among admin & boosters.
    Last edited by soldierhorn; 10-25-2020 at 01:07 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So now we’re comparing Art Briles to Urban Meyer. By the way, if we’re going to give Urban for Zach Smith, Casey Horny is still on our staff. Tom was best friends with the dude. But please, I’m enjoying your sermon. Please continue.

Ok then.

Please give me the UT coach who gave the sermon to an "Aaron Hernandez" after he beat the out of multiple people in Florida and was arrested under Urban but treated with bible verse "counseling". Was caught with weapons (which is why I asked about how did Moore re enter our team and there was no answer) and failed multiple drug tests under Urban. He protected a criminal that might have killed while at Florida, did kill as found by a court of law. And then killed himself. Urban bible counseled him so he was good to go as a young man. Was an actual psychiatrist EVER involved when he was a teen with Urban?

The above is off the charts bad imo. But Art Briles is worse... good to know.
    Did Casey Horny beat his wife regularly and Tom knows/knew this and still keep him attempting to counsel him with bible verses when he should have been in a jail or some psychiatric ward getting help?

Ahh its basically all on the same level, nothing to see here.
    Just win baby...

1st degree murder.... misdemeanor marijuana charge, same bad.

Man this is such weak moralizing, my bad.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I think Herman needs to be replaced not only due to poor on-field performance during a season everyone was pointing to for success (2020 is going to be our year!) but also for poor off season leadership which has divided the team and the fan base. The problem is that I dont see any promising up and coming coach or available experienced coach that can unify the team, boosters and fan base other than Meyer. If it is not Meyer, then I would like to see some legit suggestions who it should be.

The unfortunate thing is that we are in a CFB age where there is so much money at stake (eg, salaries, invested in capital improvements, and networks, etc) that big programs cant wait 10, 15 or 20 years for a coach to grow and mature into his potential. I believe Herman will be a very good HC... some day... but the climate nowadays just doesnt lend itself to waiting for that to happen if it takes more than 3-6 yrs, Part of the lack of patience to wait on Herman is Herman's fault. Not unlike Akers & Mackovic, arrogance will be tolerated as long as the team is collecting hardware but arrogance (towards administration, boosters & fan base) will not be tolerated with multiple, successive, below expectation seasons. In Mackovic's case, it only took ONE below expectation season ('97) to get fired after three conference championships in a row - that is how much he was disliked - and I believe Herman is inching closer to Mackovic level of disfavor among admin & boosters.
    Its getting clearer the fake nice guy stuff has not gone over well with players. The fawning on Sam seems to be part of it and seems to have put Sam in a tough position. And I still dont know how Josh Moore got back on the team. Does anyone know how he got off because it seemed pretty damn bad.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I wish I had an alternative to Urban. I know what the program needs, but it's a deal with the devil. Texas needs someone like Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, or Dabo Sweeney. Only one is available. No one else out there brings to the table what this program needs. Strong leadership, Championship Pedigree, and proven development. At this point, if Urban isn't the answer, then might as well stick with Herman and wait til his buyout is a little better.

However, the longer we wait, the worse things are going to get with recruiting. Lets face it, we are in deep poop especially along the oline. The only thing keeping us afloat is the name Texas.

Something else to keep in mind, in this time of hyper sensitivity to racial issues, Texas fired Charlie Strong after 3 seasons for producing the same level of crap that Herman is producing. If Texas doesn't stay consistent in their firing practice, it's going to look really bad for the University.

Finally and most important, Tom is a clown on the level of Jerry Glanville and should be axed for all the stupid crap he has pulled from going after another coach, to mocking opposing players, to flipping off the camera on recruiting day. Let him grow up on someone else's dime. This team needs leadership, not gimmicks.

At this point, I'd take Urban.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Minds of the holy...

You go Art Briles.

Now we're talking. Urban head coach, Briles as Assistant under him. Do it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Three things from the game vs. Baylor-

1.) Texas' OL is not very good and the struggles will only amplify with better teams we play.

2.) The defense has improved from day 1, but the lack of pass rush is and will be a concern moving forward.

3.) This is a 6-4 team at best and having UM available without a buyout and a few assistant coaches of his on the staff already makes it an easy decision (it should be anyways).
    Last edited by texas4ever; 10-25-2020 at 06:19 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

1.) Texas' OL is not very good and the struggles will only amplify with better teams we play.

2.) The defense has improved from day 1, but the lack of pass rush is and will be a concern moving forward.

3.) This is a 6-4 team at best and having UM available without a buyout and a few assistant coaches of his on the staff already makes it an easy decision (it should be anyways).
    The defense has played one good game and one acceptable game. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, this is not a good defense yet. I still think they can be, I know they have the talent to be great, but no way we will tell until they prove they can beat bad teams holding them under 10 pts or good teams under 20. That is exactly what should be happening.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Now we're talking. Urban head coach, Briles as Assistant under him. Do it.
    Urban Renewal of Austin.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

And thats against a line that had hardly practiced together and was generally considered deficient.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Baylor had two OL starters out for the game.

B. Vaughn setting out and not playing? Maybe first Eyes quiter.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sorry blair, you are wrong.

As an Alumni I think he has more right than you or I do. He also has more right to not want Urban coaching since it will reflect on his alumni degree if Urban screws up again.

Onward, through the fog Juan Grande's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ...1.) Texas' OL is not very good and the struggles will only amplify with better teams we play. ....
    How many years in a row we been saying that?

How many years in a row we been saying that?

man, aint that the truth!

Thread Information