Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just linked a more accurate, more advance clutch shooting website. Or you can cherry pick where Rozier or Devonte Graham are the giants. Your choice
    I used your link, and sorted it correctly for you. It was your choice by sorting it by "most field goals attempted" as if that was supposed to prove any kind of point about how clutch DeMar is. Do you know how these stats work?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan played very well in this game, and yes, he was clutch in the 4th. Kudos to him for a great game. But he's still the same player-- this doesn't change what a solid decade of metrics in the regular season and in the playoffs say about him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. If making the FT’s was the difference, and Eubanks was 6-9, then his grade should be more than C-

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. The only way that backcourt works is if our center shoots 3's like Brook Lopez and if DDR is out for a deadeye.
    For the month of April, DJ 40%, D White 37%, KJ 38% from 3. It’s a 12-14 game sample size. I think that’s encouraging.

I think we need a starting 4 personally (maybe addressed in FA or Luka’s development), Poeltl is clearly entrenched as the starting 5 going forward. Guy is a defensive stud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here we go. You have confirmation bias. Statistically, DDR is one of the better clutch players in the league.

White's TS% is actually higher than Murray, despite Murray having a good consistent season and White having a slow start. Murray's role is slowly changing. White is playing the point more now and the results is better pace. Spurs OTRg has jumped up higher in April since then too that supports the eye test.
    Fam...we literally have an ENTIRE career's worth of evidence that DeMar does NOT get it done in big games...Spurstalk didn't give him the Defrozen name...he had that name forever... statistically clutch on a losing team? What does that tell u? What's that worth?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fam...we literally have an ENTIRE career's worth of evidence that DeMar does NOT get it done in big games...Spurstalk didn't give him the Defrozen name...he had that name forever... statistically clutch on a losing team? What does that tell u? What's that worth?
    Because he gets compared to the best players in the league at the time. I get that he likely to be somewhere between 25 to 45 best players in the league. Players like George have a poor rep for shrinking too and he has been a Robin for sometime without success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the month of April, DJ 40%, D White 37%, KJ 38% from 3. It’s a 12-14 game sample size. I think that’s encouraging.

I think we need a starting 4 personally (maybe addressed in FA or Luka’s development), Poeltl is clearly entrenched as the starting 5 going forward. Guy is a defensive stud.
    It's the number of shots they take. Only White takes them at a large clip. I want the backcourt to work but I don't see it happening. They are also the Spurs best trade chips.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here we go. You have confirmation bias. Statistically, DDR is one of the better clutch players in the league.

White's TS% is actually higher than Murray, despite Murray having a good consistent season and White having a slow start. Murray's role is slowly changing. White is playing the point more now and the results is better pace. Spurs OTRg has jumped up higher in April since then too that supports the eye test.
    Secondly...yes his TS is higher, but that's pretty much the only star that is...Murray is higher is almost everything else, including PER...

And the Spurs actually had their highest offensive rating when Murray was playing his best during the months of December and January...no coincidence those months we were actually winning...White has had like 4 good games recently and that's what it gonna hang ur hat on? Despite everything pointing to Murray having a better impact on the team? Simply because white LOOKS better doing it? Ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell me how the stats were cherry picked?

Do you agree that there is such a thing as a clutch defensive play? I.E., Player X blocks Player Z's game winning shot?

That's what Net Rating and +/- signify. What use is it if DeMar scores points in the clutch if he gives up easy 3's on the other end? He is basically a non-factor on defense.

Did you bother sorting your own stat?

DeMar is one of the worst according to the link you provided:
    Ur KILLING him Dejounte...lol...good work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to see Murray become a high scoring 2 guard. He has to be come a better and more prolific 3 point shooter. He ain’t no PG.
    it would be better too if White improved but for sure he is better than DJM with the ball in his hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka gets a great And-1 dunk. He commits a dumb reach in foul on the other end and is subsequently benched for the rest of the game and probably the next 3-4 games....

Just some masterful stuff from Pop, this is the kinda awesome stuff we missed from HoF coach. Because this style worked for Tony Parker! why couldnt it work for a completely different player/person. Get 'em Gregg!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ur KILLING him Dejounte...lol...good work
    Except he is choosing random stats to suit his argument rather than looking at it all. He is confirming his bias over and over in anything anti Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except he is choosing random stats to suit his argument rather than looking at it all. He is confirming his bias over and over in anything anti Spurs.
    You hear that, y'all? I'm "anti-Spurs".

You're not coming back with a legitimate argument against the way I'm presenting the stats. When you have a real rebuttal backed with facts and data, come back to me. There's not a productive conversation to be had when all you do is act dismissive.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, love the DJ and D White backcourt. It is showing it can work. They don’t have to be in compe ion with one another. Both are terrific “combo” guards who can (and have) taken turns dominating periods of play throughout the season. They are starting to figure it out together ie. how to play with/without the ball, which can only mean goods things going forward for Spurs fans.

For my money, along with Poeltl; you have 3 of the top 5 defenders league wide at their positions too, no hyperbole.

The pairing should be celebrated for their unique qualities and merits rather than criticised by a personal subjective outlook.
    They're not nearly a dynamic enough tandem offensively, which means two things need to occur for them to work . . .

1) The Spurs need to find a wing/big centerpiece to orient the offense around (both of which are harder to do).

2) Murray, in particular, needs to show significant improvement from 3.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're not nearly a dynamic enough tandem offensively, which means two things need to occur for them to work . . .

1) The Spurs need to find a wing/big centerpiece to orient the offense around (both of which are harder to do).

2) Murray, in particular, needs to show significant improvement from 3.
    They'd be fine if we had two legit 3pt shooting wings.
    They're not fine if we have Keldon and Demar next to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If DDR goes
    Johnson goes to SF and needs to shoot better and be more influential
    Use DDR $$$ along with hopefully Patty $$$ and Gay $$$ to get a backup SF who can shoot and a PF who can start and defend and shoot.
    Let this PF and Luka duke if out for minutes
    The young guards ALL need to up their game DW, DJM, LW, Vassel
    Easier said than done

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when derrick white started to be hated? Ahh, good old days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White needs to be the one running the sets going forward. I like Murray but he does not control the game and pace like White can and frequently calls his own number too much. Spurs would probably be better served trading him while his value is high

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White needs to be the one running the sets going forward. I like Murray but he does not control the game and pace like White can and frequently calls his own number too much. Spurs would probably be better served trading him while his value is high
    Doesn’t have to be one or the other. They can coexist. And could use both post demar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like it's engrained in the Spurs fan DNA to pit one teammate against another.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fatboy Zion has that “manu” thing...

you know he’s going left, defender knows he going left, opposing coaches know he going left

and no matter how good the defender is- he goes left and gets to the basket

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan played very well in this game, and yes, he was clutch in the 4th. Kudos to him for a great game. But he's still the same player-- this doesn't change what a solid decade of metrics in the regular season and in the playoffs say about him.

Same player but not the same team. Every year is different when you change the pieces around you. If most of our talent wasn’t around the same size and position as Demar I would want Demar back at a slight discount. Younger guys growing alongside Demar can make for some exciting Bball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you keep DDR you sit Keldon or trade him if you are serious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Murray and White as our starting back court. I think Murray next year will take and make more 3 pointers and this year, especially the last few games he has shown he isn’t afraid to shoot the 3 which is super important.

I think our biggest issue with the starters is we have too many guys in general who are hesitant to shoot the 3. I understand why Keldon is starting because he is willing to bang with the big players, always plays with energy, and he is a pretty good rebounder despite being under sized most nights. DeRozan has to start because (as bad as he is to some folks) he is this teams best player and the best at creating offensive looks for himself and others.

if the team wasn’t so under sized and had one or two more legit 3&D players with size we would be a legit playoff team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. Neither is a lead ball handler or go-to scorer.

Thread Information