Page 63 of 101 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2513
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “The Spurs had interest in Lauri Markkanen. They have had interest in Lauri Markkanen for a long time. He fits the profile of the kind of player they like – international player, shooter, still in development but they can develop him. But, from what I understand, Markkanen just wanted so much money that the Spurs were like ‘we can’t pay that.'”

Heard on Locked on Bulls he is asking for more than 20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “The Spurs had interest in Lauri Markkanen. They have had interest in Lauri Markkanen for a long time. He fits the profile of the kind of player they like – international player, shooter, still in development but they can develop him. But, from what I understand, Markkanen just wanted so much money that the Spurs were like ‘we can’t pay that.'”

Heard on Locked on Bulls he is asking for more than 20.
    His money request makes no sense... Simply because his best year has probably been his rookie year and from then his impact and stats have been nothing to write home about... Hard to justify an amount of per year money superior to the ones of our Whites and Murray's... He did not show enough to become the most paid (and consequently the most important) player on our team. The most he should be able to get from us is somewhat comparable to the other well paid guys. That means around 14/16 per year.. If he's not glad of that I see no way not reason for even thinking about him (Thaddeus Young took his place simply because he was better than him last season)...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any ideas on the hold up for why some of the signings haven’t become official yet?
    Looks like the entire league is in a holding pattern until Silver decides how to punish the tamperers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His money request makes no sense... Simply because his best year has probably been his rookie year and from then his impact and stats have been nothing to write home about... Hard to justify an amount of per year money superior to the ones of our Whites and Murray's... He did not show enough to become the most paid (and consequently the most important) player on our team. The most he should be able to get from us is somewhat comparable to the other well paid guys. That means around 14/16 per year.. If he's not glad of that I see no way not reason for even thinking about him (Thaddeus Young took his place simply because he was better than him last season)...
    Pretty much in line with what everyone is thinking here. Glad spurs are thinking the same. If cheap why not. But not cheap then don't like

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lauri’s agent explicitly refuted the idea they asked for too much and the spurs weren’t willing to go there.

I don’t know if you guys just look at box scores or what. But dude has no defensive position and the team already legitimately has better options already on the roster.

https://twitter.com/mike_sig/status/1422911574025588740?s=20
    Last edited by PrimeMinister; 08-08-2021 at 09:19 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McDermott wasnt an outright signing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McDermott is a S&T with Pacers. 2nd round pick? going back to Indiana

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd round pick going back and we also get a 2nd rd pick and the right to swap a 2nd rd pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s the point in The spurs doing a sign & trade for McDermott when they had the cap space for him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s the point in The spurs doing a sign & trade for McDermott when they had the cap space for him?
    they help Indiana with that. They should be getting a trade exception for that. Weird thing is that the Spurs 2nd round pick should be higher than Indiana‘s

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get a little asset from Indiana in exchange for 14 mil TPE. The 2nd rounder we are sending out is probably the fake/useless top 55 protected one.

Edit: 7 mil TPE because of the base year thing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they help Indiana with that. They should be getting a trade exception for that. Weird thing is that the Spurs 2nd round pick should be higher than Indiana‘s
    if it is they have the right to swap the pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian doing a favor for the pacers so they can generate a trade exception, in exchange spurs get some pick compensation for doing essentially nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if it is they have the right to swap the pick.
    nope they have the right to swap it in 2026 not 2023. Makes it fair though. Spurs really didn’t get anything out of this deal

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope they have the right to swap it in 2026 not 2023. Makes it fair though. Spurs really didn’t get anything out of this deal
    didn’t read the actual details but the picks are protected though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

what i read is that they sent a 2023 2nd protected for indiana 2023 and the right to swap in 2026. Imo Spurs secound is well protected , they just sent iT for the deal and they got a secound plus a swap.

Edit : both secound are protected so we need to see what's the protection. At least they will have the right to swap in 2026.
    Last edited by duncan2150; 08-08-2021 at 09:51 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what i read is that they sent a 2023 2nd protected for indiana 2023 and the right to swap in 2026. Imo Spurs secound is well protected , they just sent iT for the deal and they got a secound plus a swap.
    Yeah Chinook just said that in the other thread. I don’t know what the protections are, but if our 2nd is heavily protected that means we get another 2nd round pick and a swap in 2026. That’s a very good deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So with our own picks included the Spurs have

2022: 3 second round picks
    2023: 2 second round picks
    2025: 2 second round picks

if I remember correctly. I guess plenty of chances to move up into the late first round by trading with teams that are in the tax and would rather sign rookies to 2-way contracts

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both sides are protected though. It might end up with not much depending on seeding and how high is the protection. Seems very small benefit to do this trade depending on protection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So with our own picks included the Spurs have

2022: 3 second round picks
    2023: 2 second round picks
    2025: 2 second round picks

if I remember correctly. I guess plenty of chances to move up into the late first round by trading with teams that are in the tax and would rather sign rookies to 2-way contracts
    The Spurs don't have their 2022 second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both sides are protected though. It might end up with not much depending on seeding and how high is the protection. Seems very small benefit to do this trade depending on protection.
    Pretty sure Indy's giving SA a 2023 second no matter what. The protections determine which pick it is among Houston, Dallas and Miami, and maybe their natural pick. Of course, that means there's a chance the Spurs get the 59th or 60th pick while giving up a 56th-59th pick. But those are really low odds.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Listened to a different pacers podcast and they were talking about the slim possibility of doing a sign and trade of McDermott into the Spurs space.

The gist was them sending the Spurs a 2nd to do it, and because of has base year compensation the resulting trade exception would only be worth $7 million, but they could carry it into the start of next off_-season before it expires and then have that plus the mle to improve their team next year
    Pacers podcast pretty sharp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pacers podcast pretty sharp
    Good call by then, good pickup by you

The Spurs potentially got two seconds so that's pretty good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, it'd suck so much if the Bulls got penalized for tampering to the point that the DeRozan sign-and-trade can't happen. That'd almost be Forbes-re-signing-like disappointment.

Thread Information