Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some are thinking this cryptic message could be a commit.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR CJ Williams commits to Notre Dame.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

https://247sports.com/Player/TJ-Shanahan-46101254/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Byron Murphy

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Jeez. From that angle I think his forearms might be as thick as my thighs

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Dunlap (Orange Bloods)

- There were a few interesting OL wrinkles today during 3/4 speed team drills prior to the media window, for instance, one personnel grouping involved Junior Angilau at center. That grouping (from L to R) was Andrej Karic, Denzel Okafor, Junior Angilau, Tope Imade and Derek Kerstetter.

- Imade is not in position to make a move to the starting lineup barring injuries to players ahead of him, but the fact that he's mixing in means that Coach Flood probably likes him. To my eyes, he looks like a brick house but is just too slow and stiff. He also needs to get his elbows inside coming into this solo-base assignments or he's going to get called for holding if he does see the field. Slow feet + elbows out = hands outside the chest plate while trying to adjust to the defender's moves = holding calls.

- If you think I was hard on Imade there, you should see Kyle Flood dealing with OT Jaylen Garth. I mentioned yesterday that he seems to be struggling when comparing Garth vs. Christian Jones in drills, but Flood just let it out on the guy in outside-zone reach drills tonight. And for good reason, he's not listening to what they are teaching. At this point, Texas would probably be better putting in a VERY green Max Merrill.

- Freshman OL Hayden Conner on the other hand, is one of the most coachable OL I've ever seen at Texas. Tell that guy something once, it's a steel trap in his brain. I want to reiterate that I am very high on Conner as a future key contributor and a seriously important immediate depth piece.

- The best three true freshmen Texas has on campus, to my eyes (in a limited sample), are Ja'Tavion Sanders, Xavier Worthy and Conner.

- I felt bad watching LB Marcus Tillman trying to wrangle RB Bijan Robinson in the open field during a hash-to-sideline alley drill. Didn't seem fair. Robinson is special, man.

- Your daily reminder that Ja'Tavion Sanders will be a problem as early as this year. Good luck keeping that dude off the field.

- Isaiah Hookfin is still in a boot, but is working on his pass-set steps with trainers which I don't think he'd be doing if it were anything major.

- As for the first defense, I haven't seen them use a nickel back yet. The unit either has Ovie Oghuofo on the field as a SAM linebacker, or it has Brenden Schooler on the field as a third safety. I have a feeling we'll see a lot of three safety looks this year with Schooler, Foster and Jerrin Thompson.

- It's been a while since I've been inside DKR and the stadium looks awesome. Kudos to all the rich people on here that helped get that done. The rest of us pleebs are going to appreciate it immensely.

- First day of full pads will be WED per Texas media relations. Still don't know whether we'll have access, but I would certainly love to cover it if we did, it's not like any state secrets are being given away during the 25-30 minute window we are allowed. You can always email Chris Del Conte ([email protected]) and let him know as a fan if you'd like a few padded practices to be open to the media.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bobby Burton:

It’s Monday. There have now been three Texas practices and a fourth one scheduled for later today.

Here are some notes I’ve picked up…

I’m told that no matter the order we see in the media viewing period that Kitan Crawford is likely to get some run with the 1s.

“He’s just that talented,” a team source said.

But that wasn’t the only cornerback of note.

I’m told Jahdae Barron has really come on in his sop re campaign.

Both young corners are delivering the goods early in camp.

While the main scuttlebutt from summer workouts and 7-on-7 work was just how electric Xavier Worthy was, it remained to be seen just how good he would be in a full team setting, how well he operated when it was 11-on-11, both mentally and physically.

Well, the response thus far has been nothing short of excellent.

“He’s not scared”, a source said of Worthy and his mentality about going over the middle. “He’s a compe ive dude. He’s going to be a major part of the offense.”

Could he start over Jordan Whittington?

“We’re going to have to find a way to get him (Worthy) on the field, period” the source said. “I’m not sure what that will mean for anyone else yet.”

You never know when guys will take the next step and live up to their immense athletic ability, or unfortunately if they will ever make that transition from high school to college -Texas has had too many of the latter to count.

But Worthy, if coaches have it right, is one of those guys where it all comes together.

Being just the third practice, it’s hard to dissect the offensive line, especially with Isaiah Hookfin sidelined.

But with Hookfin sidelined, it’s pretty clear that Texas has settled into the idea of Derek Kerstetter starting at right tackle. He is currently backed up by a walk-on.

The real battle seems to be on the left side at tackle where Christian Jones and Andrej Karic are both spending the majority of their time.

I’m told by a source that has been watching Texas for decades that this Texas team looks in better overall shape than they have in a while, not a lot of extra weight around the middle on the big guys.

They look more “explosive”. Perhaps that’s personnel, perhaps it’s off-season training, I don’t know. Just something to keep in mind, though I know Eric has a comment or two coming later today that might fit into that discussion.

One note on realignment:

I am hearing more and more of USC’s dissatisfaction with the Pac-12.

I don’t know if that means they could make a run for the Big 10, go independent like Notre Dame, or what. But they are not happy campers based on what I’ve been told.

I think they clearly would be a big domino to fall, if and when they were to make any sort of move outside of their Pac-12 safe haven. Just something to keep an eye on.

Bobby Burton:

It’s Monday. There have now been three Texas practices and a fourth one scheduled for later today.

Here are some notes I’ve picked up…

I’m told that no matter the order we see in the media viewing period that Kitan Crawford is likely to get some run with the 1s.

“He’s just that talented,” a team source said.

But that wasn’t the only cornerback of note.

I’m told Jahdae Barron has really come on in his sop re campaign.

Both young corners are delivering the goods early in camp.

While the main scuttlebutt from summer workouts and 7-on-7 work was just how electric Xavier Worthy was, it remained to be seen just how good he would be in a full team setting, how well he operated when it was 11-on-11, both mentally and physically.

Well, the response thus far has been nothing short of excellent.

“He’s not scared”, a source said of Worthy and his mentality about going over the middle. “He’s a compe ive dude. He’s going to be a major part of the offense.”

Could he start over Jordan Whittington?

“We’re going to have to find a way to get him (Worthy) on the field, period” the source said. “I’m not sure what that will mean for anyone else yet.”

You never know when guys will take the next step and live up to their immense athletic ability, or unfortunately if they will ever make that transition from high school to college -Texas has had too many of the latter to count.

But Worthy, if coaches have it right, is one of those guys where it all comes together.

Being just the third practice, it’s hard to dissect the offensive line, especially with Isaiah Hookfin sidelined.

But with Hookfin sidelined, it’s pretty clear that Texas has settled into the idea of Derek Kerstetter starting at right tackle. He is currently backed up by a walk-on.

The real battle seems to be on the left side at tackle where Christian Jones and Andrej Karic are both spending the majority of their time.

I’m told by a source that has been watching Texas for decades that this Texas team looks in better overall shape than they have in a while, not a lot of extra weight around the middle on the big guys.

They look more “explosive”. Perhaps that’s personnel, perhaps it’s off-season training, I don’t know. Just something to keep in mind, though I know Eric has a comment or two coming later today that might fit into that discussion.

One note on realignment:

I am hearing more and more of USC’s dissatisfaction with the Pac-12.

I don’t know if that means they could make a run for the Big 10, go independent like Notre Dame, or what. But they are not happy campers based on what I’ve been told.

I think they clearly would be a big domino to fall, if and when they were to make any sort of move outside of their Pac-12 safe haven. Just something to keep an eye on.
    Thank you for posting. Lots of good information ! You da man !

No infro. on QB battle still too closeto call per one source.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count