Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starbucks going up.. Always a good buy. Coffee isn't going anywhere and starbucks is a smart/good company

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starbucks going up.. Always a good buy. Coffee isn't going anywhere and starbucks is a smart/good company
    Reaction to that stupid lawsuit over ice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amid talks of a buyout, Twitter went up $4 to $22. Wondering if I should sell now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would avoid European banks for now, especially Deutshe.
    Boom.

I knew Deutshe was rocky but damn...it might actually fail without a government bailout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boom.

I knew Deutshe was rocky but damn...it might actually fail without a government bailout.
    Deutsche is in quite a bit of trouble. Not sure how much appe e there will be for a bailout.

Looks like we are closing on the end of the year with no rate hike. I may win our bet yet, but have been sweating the last few months.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone wants to gamble, NUGT is at $13.81 down 22.65% from yesterday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shipping stocks are flying up like crazy today.

made a nice profit with DCIX

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone wants to gamble, NUGT is at $13.81 down 22.65% from yesterday.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/NUGT?p=NUGT

Ouch!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So? It's gone up to $15s since - I play the swings. When it's down, another opportunity to buy - and it's so CHEAP now. Soros bought gold miner last week - let's see if he knows something we don't (like maybe the Fed isn't raising interest rates).

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...shares-decline
    Last edited by rmt; 11-19-2016 at 05:33 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I didn't make it very clear before, I would not recommend a 3x leveraged ETF like NUGT for investing long-term. It is very volatile so I day-trade with it - meaning try to buy low and turn around quickly and sell higher - that's why I qualified it as gambling (because nobody really knows what is low and what is high).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone see the 5 day chart of DRYS? Crazy

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    S&P index fund and let her ride.
    Terrible time/year to start that method. We haven't seen the bottom yet. IMHO 2016 is gonna get ugly.

Tough business CC.

The best advice anyone can receive is from people who have seen the good and the bad and admit mistakes.
    This is a super tough game in the short term. Everyone should know this. My plan is not short term.

The very best advice I ever received was from a guy who saw 2007 and told me all in while the panic spread. He put out a plan that spread out investing over the entirety of the down slide well through the panic. And I went all in because I had the funds to so and was still relatively young. He told me to stay in and not buy that house with the proceeds. I did not listen. I could have bought 4 houses with retirement well under way and substantial.

Then he immediately went into a long conversation about his worst mistakes. And described how "we" could have been very wrong.

December could be very bad and you might claim you nailed it. But that would ring very hollow.

Suggestion to all. Listen to people who you know (not from a board) who have money and will admit mistakes. And so that means don't take any of the advice I just gave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I certainly admit I missed this one. Shaky fundamentals, earnings, and growth and the market kept going up and up. Practically zero interest will do that. Interesting how 10 year/mortgage rates have jumped since the election.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I can't wait to hear investing advice from Wild Cobra seeing that he doesn't know the difference between gross revenue and earnings per share

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I certainly admit I missed this one. Shaky fundamentals, earnings, and growth and the market kept going up and up. Practically zero interest will do that. Interesting how 10 year/mortgage rates have jumped since the election.
    So this some sort of bubble? Because of low interest rates?
    If so, we need to know when to get out. Be ahead of this.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    There are definitely certain sectors I'd say are in the middle of a bubble. I think commercial real estate, particularly retail and office buildings, has been puffed up by low rates for years now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except for one flyer stock I'm out of the market and just focusing on buying houses for rentals in the 200k range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are definitely certain sectors I'd say are in the middle of a bubble. I think commercial real estate, particularly retail and office buildings, has been puffed up by low rates for years now.
    I agree that REITs are bubbly. Internet will continue to gain on mortar and brick stores.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Except for one flyer stock I'm out of the market and just focusing on buying houses for rentals in the 200k range.
    You talking about AMH?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I agree that REITs are bubbly. Internet will continue to gain on mortar and brick stores.
    The one exception to this being senior housing properties. There isn't enough new construction of senior housing to come anywhere close to meeting the demand that'll happen as boomers get old.

BKD is one example of this, imo. That company's market cap right now is ~2.3B and I think that's insanely low.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you were already mostly out for 2016?

What you and Hunting have described has been posited by a number of others I have read of course. Trump has stated this will be fixed with a new Fed chairman. Thoughts on this ?

as a whole the market has reacted with confidence to our president elect. ( or maybe the market does not think Trump matters, I don't really know and either does anyone else, but it appears to be as I first stated)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one exception to this being senior housing properties. There isn't enough new construction of senior housing to come anywhere close to meeting the demand that'll happen as boomers get old.

BKD is one example of this, imo. That company's market cap right now is ~2.3B and I think that's insanely low.
    This is hits on another very important point. It can be easy to point to a sector that has to grow because of demographics. But picking the right company within that sector can be very difficult. So thanks for actually giving a specific suggestion. And some basic reasoning.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    This is hits on another very important point. It can be easy to point to a sector that has to grow because of demographics. But picking the right company within that sector can be very difficult. So thanks for actually giving a specific suggestion. And some basic reasoning.
    There are some healthcare REITs that focus on senior housing (NHI, for example), but they don't have as much upside as BKD which is an owner/operator.

Their earnings the last few years has gone to because of a merger that they managed horribly which is why their stock price is so low, but that'll eventually pass once they sell more of the troubled assets off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what to think of the marijuana stocks right now... Tempting as they are low prices at the moment

Thread Information