Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dedmon wasn't making $7.2M a year for the Spurs either.
    Dude, what the kind of argument is this?

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cris Carter logic lol. Lots of guys here would make great Colin Cowherd/Cris Carter types tbh. Contrarian edgelords with dumbass takes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at people acting like Dedmon is Cappella or Embiid. He's a role player. Same with Simmons. Both those guys wanted to get paid. End of story.
    End of story?

Patty Mills and Pau Gasol are role players too. They got paid, two $50M deals.

But the Spurs couldn't pay a DD contract? So funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn’t about keeping Kawhi. He was a toxic person in the locker room. Simmons wasn’t as toxic, but wasn’t much better.
    LeBron is a toxic to any franchise, he'll leave everytime...But I would do my best effort to keep him or Kawhi on my team.

I'm tired to read "toxic in the locker room" like it's a big issue.

No one teammate liked Kobe, MJ was a b*tch...And they still won everything

Pop was so lucky with Tim but there is just one Tim Duncan. The Spurs should know it and keep "toxic" Kawhi on the team, like Phil could handle MJ and Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron is a toxic to any franchise, he'll leave everytime...But I would do my best effort to keep him or Kawhi on my team.

I'm tired to read "toxic in the locker room" like it's a big issue.

No one teammate liked Kobe, MJ was a b*tch...And they still won everything

Pop was so lucky, not everyone is Tim Duncan. The Spurs should know it and keep "toxic" Kawhi, like Phil could handle MJ and Kobe.
    Those guys that you mentioned were stars not end of bench guys.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think part of this is that Uncle D wants his nephew to be like Lebron - taking on owners (racial overtones and all), setting his terms, living the superstar life with a permanent entourage and constant special treatment, etc.

The irony is that Lebron is tired of some of that and is trading his much admired "freedom" for the stability a declining player will need. What a rebel.

I wouldn't doubt that Kawhi's group, over the years, wanted more and more of this experience for Kawhi, but had no idea how to create it with Kawhi because he has no knack for it; instead they seemed to blame "the organization" and did very little to improve things, largely because they probably have no ing idea what they are doing.

And then, like spoiled brats and millennials, they just gave up on the organization and poisoned Kawhi's mind against it over time. Honestly, without the Spurs, Kawhi never becomes the star he is today. That isn't to say he didn't have the talent. But it is to say that other teams are not as well equipped to unlock it. So ungrateful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those guys that you mentioned were stars not end of bench guys.
    He said Kawhi was so toxic to keep him...I said a team should keep top talented guys, always...doesn't matter what. I also doubt Kawhi's end of bench guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said Kawhi was so toxic to keep him...I said a team should keep top talented guys, always...doesn't matter what. I also doubt Kawhi's end of bench guys
    He was talking about Dedmon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lowe doesn't even attempt to disguise his dislike for the Spurs anymore. As knowledgeable as he is, he's lost a copious amount of credibility as his star has steadily risen. If you're a team who he's well connected with (Celtics, Warriors, Rockets, Thunder, Raptors, Jazz), you're praised ad nauseam and vice versa.

His high floor/low ceiling is both true and a perfect example. All of a sudden a DeRozan and comparable star to Lowry led team is low ceiling. Funny, when they were wearing Raptors jerseys and he was cheerleading for them, he didn't seem to think that. He also didn't criticize the Raptors for not re-building before this fell into their lap and loves their young players, but is seemingly ignorant of the Spurs' comparable stable.
    I'll never understand the God-like complexes that Sports writers/journalists have & I can tell Lowe's has increased markedly over the past 3 or 4 years. Even down here, some of their ego's are out of control, you would think they're as irreplaceable as the athletes themselves.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons wasn't a locker room problem. If he was, they wouldn't have put the QO on him. Only after weeks of him refusing to sign did the Magic, desperate for a signing, come in and negotiate, leading to the Spurs doing Simmons the favor of rescinding.

If Simmons was such a problem they would have dumped him at the start, and if he was so obviously Kawhi's guy, they would have paid him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was talking about Dedmon.
    Talked about the three guys, Kawhi, Simmons and Dedmon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lowe doesn't even attempt to disguise his dislike for the Spurs anymore. As knowledgeable as he is, he's lost a copious amount of credibility as his star has steadily risen. If you're a team who he's well connected with (Celtics, Warriors, Rockets, Thunder, Raptors, Jazz), you're praised ad nauseam and vice versa.

His high floor/low ceiling is both true and a perfect example. All of a sudden a DeRozan and comparable star to Lowry led team is low ceiling. Funny, when they were wearing Raptors jerseys and he was cheerleading for them, he didn't seem to think that. He also didn't criticize the Raptors for not re-building before this fell into their lap and loves their young players, but is seemingly ignorant of the Spurs' comparable stable.
    Lowe is a low integrity fool on this sort of stuff, but he's not alone. The entire blogboy media intelligencia are clowns

On the Dunc'd On Podcast, those guys flipped so hard it was disgusting. For the last 2 years they went on and on about how the Spurs couldn't even compete with Golden State, that Kawhi wasn't good enough.

Then on their trade reaction podcast they said something like, paraphrasing ... ___---- "Kawhi AND Green? That's a monster defensively, they can compete with Golden State" ----

WTF? They didn't even go into any reason the rest of the roster was so much more equipped to beat GS. It was as simple as "Kawhi and Green = beating Golden State". They would laugh at the idea of Kawhi and Green against Golden State for months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons wasn't a locker room problem. If he was, they wouldn't have put the QO on him. Only after weeks of him refusing to sign did the Magic, desperate for a signing, come in and negotiate, leading to the Spurs doing Simmons the favor of rescinding.

If Simmons was such a problem they would have dumped him at the start, and if he was so obviously Kawhi's guy, they would have paid him.
    IDK...Like they paid CoJo? Kawhi didn't have friends on the roster but he had chemistry on/off court with a few guys, Cory, Danny, Jonathon, Dedmon...
    You didn't see pics of Kawhi and TP/Manu doing off-court things in 7 years in SA but you see Kawhi with Cory buying a suit, with Danny and Jon in clubs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talked about the three guys, Kawhi, Simmons and Dedmon.
    And he was talking about Dedmon being toxic. You suck at reading comprehension.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Way back in the beginning of the Kawhi saga, I heard from someone that Kawhi was pissed off and felt disrespected by someone in Spurs' management (not Pop). He wasn't mad at the "misdiagnosis" or anything else, but at something particular that this person said to him/about him. From there, his group allegedly used that to pump Kawhi up into wanting to leave the organization (i.e. Why would you want to stay there when X person said that/believes that about you? They don't even care about you. Superstars should have this and that, etc). So instead of getting over the comment, things escalated. And here we are today. So, I'm not shocked by Wright's statement that Kawhi said "I'll do anything for you guys in this room but not this organization."
    DUI RC has been know to be an asshole to player during negotiations.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really a ton of new stuff. My notes:

• Wright - SA is not interested in any sort of rebuild, fans expect team to remain compe ive and stay ahead of other teams
    • Wright thinks Ginobili is coming back based on all the talks, joking between Pop and Gino
    • Zach continuing his anti-Spurs slant of late, saying the Spurs have a "self-confidence" about turning guys like Murray into stars.
    • Lowe/Wright doesn't think the supermax was ever offered or that Kawhi would have actually accepted it (Not motivated by money, endorsements, etc. )
    • Wright thinks the Holts' divorce was a factor in deciding whether to offer supermax
    • Kawhi kepts telling Pop/RC that he'd back soon and never came back. Ducked out right after the team photoshoot. Wright does say that Kawhi was always planning on coming back and was doing crazy workouts in NYC.
    • Porky led the infamous team meeting, guys were overall support of him and his "rehab." Kawhi stood his ground and said "I'll do anything for you guys in this room but not this organization."
    • Pop and Kawhi meeting near the draft was just them two and it was very brief, around 10 minutes. Lowe said he heard it went "badly"
    • After that meeting and trade request, Spurs still held out hope that they could fix the relationship and did not want to trade him.
    • RC/Pop both care for Kawhi as a person deeply, almost like trading a son away according to Wright.
    • Kawhi's best friend is Jeremy Castleberry, intern coach on the Spurs.
    • Wright says people in the org were willing to let him come to training camp to work it out but did not want to deal with a possible holdout situation at all.
    • Lowe calls the Spurs a high floor/low ceiling team next season. I agree tbh.
    Some dysfunction on the Spurs part; don't believe it absolves Kawhi at all though, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK...Like they paid CoJo? Kawhi didn't have friends on the roster but he had chemistry on/off court with a few guys, Cory, Danny, Jonathon, Dedmon...
    You didn't see pics of Kawhi and TP/Manu doing off-court things in 7 years in SA but you see Kawhi with Cory buying a suit, with Danny and Jon in clubs...
    I never saw pics of Cory doing anything. The only time I saw him with Simmons in the last summer league. I don't follow these guys on gram or anything, if it's not here or on TV I don't see it

And Green? Well, the Spurs kept him, didn't they? They paid him. They had opportunities to trade him every year and they never did.

And yeah, they would have paid him. They traded for Antonio Daniela to keep Duncan happy. Pop didn't want that guy, never did. Only after enough years had passed and Duncan chilled was he okay with them trading him.

They kept Parker and Manu happy in their ways. Oberto for Manu. Paris training camp and various French players for Parker.

If Kawhi had told RC, "I think it's very important that we keep Simmons, and if we don't I might not like the direction the team is going" they sign him.

The fact that these lame rumors about JS and Dedmon come out after the other 20+ excuses didn't stick explains it all. Clutching at straws.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DUI RC has been know to be an asshole to player during negotiations.
    I don't buy the bull that Buford is a savant. This organization won the D-Rob/Duncan sweepstakes and then took enough advantage of the fact that most NBA GMs are terrible at their jobs.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Read the post I quoted instead of whining like a little school girl. That poor reading comprehension will get you every time. He was talking about Dedmon and Simmons being role players yet the two players the Spurs replaced those supposed Role players with were fringe NBA talent purposeful for garbage time minutes. In a nuts , The Spurs let two role players go only to sign two non-role players in their place because the PATFO thought it would be cute to re-sign Paddy and Pau to an ungodly sum of money. I guess the moral of the story is you get what you pay for.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 07-25-2018 at 12:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi had told RC, "I think it's very important that we keep Simmons, and if we don't I might not like the direction the team is going" they sign him.
    But none of us know that, is the point. Unless you're claiming to speak directly for the principals we're talking about, none of us know whether or not Kawhi made such a demand. There's an implicit assumption built on decades of seeming familiarity with how PATFO operates that automatically assigns Leonard as the passive actor in that scenario, when the front office we are talking about lost the trust of a franchise player. Leonard could have just easily been overruled and chose to follow the chain of command. Until he no longer didn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way back in the beginning of the Kawhi saga, I heard from someone that Kawhi was pissed off and felt disrespected by someone in Spurs' management (not Pop). He wasn't mad at the "misdiagnosis" or anything else, but at something particular that this person said to him/about him. From there, his group allegedly used that to pump Kawhi up into wanting to leave the organization (i.e. Why would you want to stay there when X person said that/believes that about you? They don't even care about you. Superstars should have this and that, etc). So instead of getting over the comment, things escalated. And here we are today. So, I'm not shocked by Wright's statement that Kawhi said "I'll do anything for you guys in this room but not this organization."

Thank you good Sir. Would you elaborate more pn this please?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think part of this is that Uncle D wants his nephew to be like Lebron - taking on owners (racial overtones and all), setting his terms, living the superstar life with a permanent entourage and constant special treatment, etc.

The irony is that Lebron is tired of some of that and is trading his much admired "freedom" for the stability a declining player will need. What a rebel.

I wouldn't doubt that Kawhi's group, over the years, wanted more and more of this experience for Kawhi, but had no idea how to create it with Kawhi because he has no knack for it; instead they seemed to blame "the organization" and did very little to improve things, largely because they probably have no ing idea what they are doing.

And then, like spoiled brats and millennials, they just gave up on the organization and poisoned Kawhi's mind against it over time. Honestly, without the Spurs, Kawhi never becomes the star he is today. That isn't to say he didn't have the talent. But it is to say that other teams are not as well equipped to unlock it. So ungrateful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to see pharm school failure answer this

Is he a real Filipino like us??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Purang ina nitong kawhi na to, bwisit, sinira Spurs ko

Ipakulam natin to mga tol.....

Mukha pa syang ewan hahaha

Mabuhay sa lahat ng mga kababayan ko dito!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Few weeks ago you called him a hack.

So Michael Wright is your source now?

I remember a few weeks ago when he reported Kawhi’s group hid him from the Spurs brass.

For stupid fans they take the news that fit their stupid narrative.

But if they say something against what you’re trying to say...they’re a hack.

Damn it Pinoy Marauder, grow a brain.
    Your consistent evisceration of this troll has been satisfying to watch and I salute you for it.

Thread Information