Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    But the point is that the Super Bowl isn't the be-all, end-all of legacy definition. If he loses this game, that won't lessen anything about Manning.
    Actually, yes it will. It will lessen his Super Bowl win percentage from .500 to .333.

However, if he wins the Super Bowl, it goes up to .666.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    But the point is that the Super Bowl isn't the be-all, end-all of legacy definition. If he loses this game, that won't lessen anything about Manning.
    Please.... if he doesn't ring with THIS team, his "legacy" is officially flushed down the toilet, tbh....

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Please.... if he doesn't ring with THIS team, his "legacy" is officially flushed down the toilet, tbh....
    why can't you just ignore valid criticisms of Peyton Manning and just learn to appreciate the way his genius transcends football

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Also, at the gestapo changing the thread le.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count

Kind of a dumb article. Most logical football fans appreciate what Peyton has brought to the sport anyway. But every now and then, when people bring up legacy talks, Super Bowl victories have to factor into the equation. It's basically how you perform when the pressure is at its greatest.

If somebody goes into a job interview and completely s his pants and is unprepared for the questions that are asked, he's not going to be looked at as the best candidate despite his qualifications.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    i agree, only i don't agree there is much of a "legacy" anyway.. what he was is pretty clear tbh

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Peyton and Brady are both top 5 QB's. There's really no debating that unless you have a clearly unfair bias against one or the other. At that point there's so little separating the two. Nothing can be said to concretely put one ahead of the other. Unless one of them goes off and rings 3 more times, thats how it's going to be. Only a moron would try to definitively label Manning ahead of Brady or Brady ahead of Manning.

I've grown to really respect Peyton tbh, but just like with Kobefan, his nuthuggers are so insufferably obnoxious that I'm actually going to root for the got Seahawks just to see a nation of emo Peyton slurpers.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Peyton and Brady are both top 5 QB's. There's really no debating that unless you have a clearly unfair bias against one or the other. At that point there's so little separating the two. Nothing can be said to concretely put one ahead of the other. Unless one of them goes off and rings 3 more times, thats how it's going to be. Only a moron would try to definitively label Manning ahead of Brady or Brady ahead of Manning.

I've grown to really respect Peyton tbh, but just like with Kobefan, his nuthuggers are so insufferably obnoxious that I'm actually going to root for the got Seahawks just to see a nation of emo Peyton slurpers.
    lol trying to imply the reason you want Manning to lose isn't the Manning/Brady rivalry

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    lol trying to imply the reason you want Manning to lose isn't the Manning/Brady rivalry
    I could care less about that anymore. That argument is the most boring and pointless argument in sports. We might as well debate Emmitt vs Barry if we want a stupid pointless debate.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    what was the original one ?

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    I could care less about that anymore. That argument is the most boring and pointless argument in sports. We might as well debate Emmitt vs Barry if we want a stupid pointless debate.
    Anymore? You mean you used to care? Back when Brady had the record for TDs and a bigger Head to head margin?

I don't find boring arguing about who is better between the 2 best QB's of our generation and the argument is as pointless as any other sports debate, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    Poor analogy...Barry was way better.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    As a lifelong Broncos fan I bet I speak for most longtime fans when I say that Mannings legacy doesn't mean a whole lot to us. He's only been with us for two seasons....I'm far more concerned with the Broncos winning their third SB then I am with how the general public views Mannings place in history.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    I like how this site is basically a hotbed for racial jokes but that thread le was pushing it too far.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Anymore? You mean you used to care? Back when Brady had the record for TDs and a bigger Head to head margin?

I don't find boring arguing about who is better between the 2 best QB's of our generation and the argument is as pointless as any other sports debate, tbh.
    Brady's still WAY ahead in head to head so that doesn't concern me. The TD record was bound to be broken in this passing era, i wouldn't be shocked if someone breaks Peyton's in the next few years. The Brady/Manning debate is stupid and pointless because both sides are entrenched in their beliefs and can't be convinced otherwise. You might as well be debating a brick wall.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Poor analogy...Barry was way better.
    Barry was more spectacular, not necessarily better.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    Funny, I've grown to really respect Brady recently as well. His early teams were elite defensively and didn't need him to step up much, but his some of his more recent teams wouldn't have made the playoffs without him, especially this year's team imo. He's basically become what Manning was to the Colts. The Pats aren't the team that Matt Cassell could get 11 wins on anymore. Remove Brady and they're drafting high in the first round. Props.

For those of you who just started posting in the NFL board, neither of us would have said this to the other as recently as the 2010 season.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Funny, I've grown to really respect Brady recently as well. His early teams were elite defensively and didn't need him to step up much, but his some of his more recent teams wouldn't have made the playoffs without him, especially this year's team imo. He's basically become what Manning was to the Colts. The Pats aren't the team that Matt Cassell could get 11 wins on anymore. Remove Brady and they're drafting high in the first round. Props.

For those of you who just started posting in the NFL board, neither of us would have said this to the other as recently as the 2010 season.
    even a couple years ago i was one of those who thought Peyton wasn't on Brady's level. It took over a decade to finally admit that Peyton's just as good as Brady.

And the past 2 seasons aren't all that convinced me. Looking at Peyton's entire body of work, only a moron would say he isn't on Brady's level. And vice versa.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    even a couple years ago i was one of those who thought Peyton wasn't on Brady's level. It took over a decade to finally admit that Peyton's just as good as Brady.

And the past 2 seasons aren't all that convinced me. Looking at Peyton's entire body of work, only a moron would say he isn't on Brady's level. And vice versa.
    I liked you better when you were the Crabtree to my Sherman. One for the road:

Spygate
    only won 3 rings because of an all-time D and the greatest kicker to ever inject steroids into his right leg
    my bad Vinatieri didn't use PEDs that was Richard Seymour and Rodney Harrison
    Uggs
    Goat pics
    2010-2011 haircut
    Welker on 3rd down in the Super Bowl
    David Tryee
    "We're only going to score 17 points? "

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    The Brady/Manning debate is stupid and pointless because both sides are entrenched in their beliefs and can't be convinced otherwise. You might as well be debating a brick wall.
    regular posters in the NBA forum never grasped this concept. Pretty much why KG/Dirk comparisons went on for 25 pages

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    regular posters in the NBA forum never grasped this concept. Pretty much why KG/Dirk comparisons went on for 25 pages
    Not so sure about that, tbh.

Nevermind, BUMP, point taken

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Manning > Brady
    KG > Dirk

These are the things we know. Manu > Dirk too

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    BTW, the gayness is strong on this thread.

Thread Information