Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it’s context. The only movement we’ve seen from Kawhi is when Pop made his public comments, then lo and behold Kawhi came out and spoke.

Now there is report of the meeting and players speaking out about it. I would not be surprised this is the tactic to get Kawhi to speak.
    yeah and parker coming out and all but calling kawhi soft publicly is unlikely to be the best way to repair the situation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised TP said that. One thing to say his was a worse version of the same injury, another to call Kawhi out for getting opinions outside Spurs med staff. That second part seemed more of a callout than the first

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker basically telling Kawhi to stop being a mental midget pussy.
    The disdain for Kawhi is pretty clear. "a hundred times worse..."

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Making public comments like this doesn't help. And especially right before the playoffs. Sounds like Pop is giving these guys the green light.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've changed my tune. I hope Kawhi stays out and the team makes the playoffs - whatever seed, and whatever success or failure. Just make the playoffs without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Making public comments like this doesn't help. And especially right before the playoffs. Sounds like Pop is giving these guys the green light.
    Yeah, or else Tony is in for a bunch of DNPs to close out the season!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was gonna say something about guys like MJ and Kobe. How would they react to Kawhi's situation?
    I think it was SpurPadre...
    who was saying it's too bad the team doesn't have an avery johnson type character in the locker room bc someone would have already punched Kiwi in the face

Sure, he was sarcastic, and it was a joke... but really the current Spurs are the most vanilla like locker room... look at Danny going to extreme lengths to make it clear they don't have personalities like that right now... and even they are getting restless with Kiwi's act.

All the same restlessness we as fans have, they have but worse bc they are the ones who are battling in games, playing through their own nags and injuries and seeing Kiwi out there in the bench with an act laughing... Dude doesn't laugh ever under normal cir stances. He's laughed and clapped more this season than he has in every one of the prior ones. It's all an act. It might even be infuriating as a teammate to see that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it was SpurPadre...
    who was saying it's too bad the team doesn't have an avery johnson type character in the locker room bc someone would have already punched Kiwi in the face

Sure, he was sarcastic, and it was a joke... but really the current Spurs are the most vanilla like locker room... look at Danny going to extreme lengths to make it clear they don't have personalities like that right now... and even they are getting restless with Kiwi's act.

All the same restlessness we as fans have, they have but worse bc they are the ones who are battling in games, playing through their own nags and injuries and seeing Kiwi out there in the bench with an act laughing... Dude doesn't laugh ever under normal cir stances. He's laughed and clapped more this season than he has in every one of the prior ones. It's all an act. It might even be infuriating as a teammate to see that.
    Sucks to be honest. I would kill for a Kevin Willis on this team right about now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah and parker coming out and all but calling kawhi soft publicly is unlikely to be the best way to repair the situation
    yes, but again without having any confirmed information, people have already created heroes and villains in this story

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just give it up fellas

The poor bas cannot even wipe his own ass and it is already April

Id be surprised if hes even ready for next season start tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes the Spurs are too restrained. I wish there was a locker room blow up! Sometimes you got to yell and scream to release pent-up frustration so the person gets to see how much he’s upset his teammates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id give him at least 9 months to recover and get in shape. He probably will make his comeback next Decmber

If at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree - just saying that 1) the players, especially Manu/TP for obvious reasons, are frustrated and it’s all on Kawhi (not the injury, but the distance and lack of communication with his teammates) & 2) That along with Pop (who is close to TP/Manu) that this public call out fits in line with what Pop said in his interview which then led to Kawhi speaking for like the first time all season.

I think the gloves are off now. If Kawhi does not think or care about what his teammates think, why would the guys battling together stop and care about hurting Kawhi’s feelings. It’s not on the team to repair the relationship; it’s on Kawhi.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony's comments are terrible for the team tbh. Just because your injury was worse initially doesn't mean the recovery is going to be the same. Way to shape an absolutely terrible narrative about the franchise player. Of course he a history of questionable decision making.

Kawhi will bounce back though regardless of the idiotic comments made by Tony. Thankfully, he has support of Green and Lma hasn't said anything ridiculous either. Also most of the team seems fine. It's only players that should be out the door after this year judging a teammate battling a injury.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Can you in' imagine it?

This particular episode of this long saga has already tarnished his legacy and perception around the league...
    Dude it doesn’t matter.. all he has to do is come back and dominate (no matter what team he is on) and all will be forgotten. Forget a perception. “What have you done for me lately”. That’s just how the world works. If Kawhi balls out in the future nobody will care about the perception from this situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They talk about Spurs having leaders... The oldest 2 hardest working that strive to comeback after serious injuries call out the face of the franchise, an everyone go haywire an say they're wrong!?! Way to shoot down the leaders.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes the Spurs are too restrained. I wish there was a locker room blow up! Sometimes you got to yell and scream to release pent-up frustration so the person gets to see how much he’s upset his teammates.
    Tony usually releases his "pent-up frustration" on his teammates wife. I guess this is a step in the right direction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is the video of the TP interview for full context:

http://www.nba.com/spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony's comments are terrible for the team tbh. Just because your injury was worse initially doesn't mean the recovery is going to be the same. Way to shape an absolutely terrible narrative about the franchise player. Of course he a history of questionable decision making.

Kawhi will bounce back though regardless of the idiotic comments made by Tony. Thankfully, he has support of Green and Lma hasn't said anything ridiculous either. Also most of the team seems fine. It's only players that should be out the door after this year judging a teammate battling a injury.
    Making TP/Manu the bad guys here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Listenting to the context and how TP said those things, it was perfectly acceptable and thoughtful answers. It was not out of anger, but there was truth in what he was saying.

It’s not TP being a bad guy at all.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign Danny asap tbh

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony is taking about himself not Kawhi. You dumb s.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks to be honest. I would kill for a Kevin Willis on this team right about now.
    I would love to have Mario Ellie on this team right now. Could you imagine Mario calling out Kawhi like he did to Dave and Tim in this clip at the 6 minute mark.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is the video of the TP interview for full context:

http://www.nba.com/spurs
    Wow Tony’s interview wasn’t nearly as bad as the tweet suggested. He pulled quotes from different questions and combined them and all of that haha

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Kawhi will react one of two ways:

1. He will finally realize that his distance was creating an issue for his teammates. As obvious as it was to many of us, he may not have thought like that or realized. He will hopefully start to be around the team more and be more engaged.

2. He will view it as an attack and not care about what they think and just keep doing his thing.

Has less to do with the injury and more to do with leadership/communication
    I understand what you're saying, but Kawhi would have to be idiotic to not realize this already. He grown.

Thread Information