Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough loss. Aldridge was so, so bad. What do the Spurs do with this guy?

Demar forced the issue and let his frustration get to him yet again. It seems to be a common thing with him.

I like how Lonnie played for the most part, and Keldon, yet again was playing with a lot of toughness and aggression out there. I hope these two can keep building on this. Murray (way too loose with the ball and some bad decisions on offense), I was really angry with for most of the game, but as mentioned, he really stepped it up and played much better in the 4th quarter.

Also, would you guys say that this is the best stretch Mills has played in a while? He's actually looking good out there, and for once I am not complaining about him.

Rudy, even though his offense helped, he was way to trigger happy for my liking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks tbh

the process on defense improved as the game went on. really encouraging considering the Spurs lack of mobility on the pick and roll. i think with more reps it’ll get only better from here

turnovers, missed open shots, and blown rebounds were killer. that’s really on the veterans to right the ship. Gay and Mills did well keeping the team under control, and DeRozan will come through more often than not though it wasn’t his night. good experience for Johnson and Walker though.

Murray needs to tighten that handle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In three games, Pop has played the young guys way more than I could have ever anticipated prior to the start of the season.

I don't see the whole "old guys being in the way of the young guys" issue anymore.

Vassell's been given plenty of chances, but he looks lost/ not confident out there right now.

Luka's absolutely not ready.

Which young guy are we wishing had more minutes? Tre? Give me a break... he's a second round pick. No other team right now has played their 2nd round pick much.

This season is going better than I expected in both cases of 1. competing out there for wins and 2. players having minutes.

Now it's up to the players to grow.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vessel is the one guy I didn’t want in the draft I know he had a good preseason but he looks every bit as I expected him to look

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue with DDR is when he started bad his game becomes worse as he becomes more and more obsess with attacking the basket himself I thought he missed a few open guys in the third that he would normally pass when his shots were falling. We really need an athletic big, Pop should tried Eubanks tonight he couldn't be worse than LMA. Eubanks would at least give you the hustle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vessel is the one guy I didn’t want in the draft I know he had a good preseason but he looks every bit as I expected him to look
    With PatWil and Smith off the board there isn't really anyone else that really fills our needs at PF/SF

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vessel a bust

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are the guys during preseason who were clamoring for Vassell to start over Lonnie???

Seriously though, Vassell will be fine. He's still learning the ropes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vessel might be a spot up shooter but his handles are garbage he can’t shoot of the dribble .. yes he can play defense but idk I hope I’m wrong .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on give the rookie a break, if he can improve as much as DJM and LW, he will be a very good player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see the rotation being either A or B below when White comes back:

A)
    Murray/ White
    Lonnie/ Mills
    DeMar/ Vassell
    Keldon/ Gay/ Lyles
    Aldridge/ Poetl

^This will ease White in while he's returning to form from his injury

B)
    Murray/ Lonnie
    White/ Mills
    DeMar/ Vassell
    Keldon/ Gay/ Lyles
    Aldridge/ Poetl

^We have seen Lonnie be the point guard for short periods at a time these past three games. Maybe this is for preparation for rotation B above.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see white coming of the bench with that contract and I think Lonnie starts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    yo timvp start docking demar half a grade everytime he stands still on defense & watches the shooter set up & shoot without even attempting to close out hes does that ish every game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 games? Lol. You’re ready to throw a player away after 3 games?????

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see white coming of the bench with that contract and I think Lonnie starts
    Hard to say, this is the Spurs and we have Manu coming off the bench for ages

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have drafted Halliburton instead of Vassell...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With PatWil and Smith off the board there isn't really anyone else that really fills our needs at PF/SF
    Precious Achiuwa and S. Bey were both available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks fro the grades! Vassell just started playing in the NBA and is doing fine. LMA being so bad was a big reason we couldn't get over the hump. The comeback was looking hopeful...damn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There will be games like this for the season. Coming off a down to the wire game, then travelling on the road to play a rested, talented team (who played poorly their last game out I might add), really pleased with the effort overall.
    If Lonnie keeps playing like this; that DJ, White, Lonnie, KJ lineup could be scary good much earlier than anticipated.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ingram A

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Precious Achiuwa and S. Bey were both available.
    Well I guess they were possible candidates as well haven't been following them, how have they been performing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks OP!

Thread Information