Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just remember grabbing some chick after he hit that shot. Too bad there wasn't a bed nearby.
    Would have been a good plan, though I would have nutted in about 10 seconds

It hit me like a ton of bricks when Sean announced he needed a kidney transplant. I was on vacation in Thousand Islands in Canada and I didn't even have a ing TV much less internet there, and one morning I pick up the newspaper and I see a tiny black and white photo from the press conference with Sean with a scared look on his face and a two sentence blurb about his retirement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another underrated Spurs game was Game 3 of the 2002 first round in Seattle where Tony Parker murdered Gary Payton and Desmond Mason in his first road playoff game as a rookie. I remember he had this dreamshake move on Desmond Mason that made Mason look so stupid when he bit. I couldn't believe a nineteen year-old toying with prime Gary Payton in the ing playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another underrated Spurs game was Game 3 of the 2002 first round in Seattle where Tony Parker murdered Gary Payton and Desmond Mason in his first road playoff game as a rookie. I remember he had this dreamshake move on Desmond Mason that made Mason look so stupid when he bit. I couldn't believe a nineteen year-old toying with prime Gary Payton in the ing playoffs.
    Tony has been such a key part. Spurs fan has no clue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony has been such a key part. Spurs fan has no clue.
    I remember watching the draft that year and thinking "who's this little er on the stage" when the Spurs picked him. But I was at the same time excited because leading up to that draft it was pretty well known how badly RC wanted him. After losing out on Krstic the next year though we pretty much never knew who they were targeting again though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really a play or a series....but here goes.

When I was a kid...my mother bought me and my brother a couple packs of basketball cards. I was so pissed because my brother got a Michael Jordan card and I didn't. Then, I found out I got the most expensive card in the entire set. The Admiral's rookie card is the reason I'm a Spurs fan. By far, my favorite "Spurs moment".

I have that same card in an unopened pack, you can see it through the cover.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember watching the draft that year and thinking "who's this little er on the stage" when the Spurs picked him. But I was at the same time excited because leading up to that draft it was pretty well known how badly RC wanted him. After losing out on Krstic the next year though we pretty much never knew who they were targeting again though.
    Paris Basket Racing.

TF?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when Marcus Bryant reached 1 million posts, tbh... that was a glorious day for Spurs fandom...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another random awesome moments:

-AJ pouring in 30 points to eliminate the Suns back in 1998 against the best trio of point guards in history: Jason Kidd, Steve Nash and Kevin Johnson. "I Will Not Be Mishandled"

-This Malik Rose game from his first year in San Antonio when he was basically the 12th man on the roster. In Philadelphia with his family going crazy in the stands, Rose had about two dozen amazing hustle plays and basically carried the Spurs to the win.

-Danny Ferry playing the game of his life in Game 2 of the 2003 series against the Suns.

-That time in Portland when David Robinson got ejected and then Duncan just caught on got damn fire to pull out an impossible win.

-In Jerome Kersey's last game with the Spurs when he had obviously broken his ankle but instead of writhing in pain he hobbled back to the other end and got the rebound. (RIP)

and on and on and on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paris Basket Racing.

TF?
    What the was Racing Club Paris? As Stern called it. I remember thinking it was some really ty team in a scrub league owned by an F1 driver or something. It was funny, I was watching that draft with a few other people, and one of them was a German guy who had played against Parker when they were both 16 and he was shocked to see him drafted because of his size. But he said Parker was impossible to guard back then too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Want a flash back, game 5 '89 WC semi against Portland and David Wingate hits a 40ft off a DROb screen to send the game into double OT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just remember grabbing some chick after he hit that shot. Too bad there wasn't a bed nearby.
    Lol!! The same thing happened with me and this cute chick sitting next to me after Tim hit the fallaway shot from the top of the key against Shaq and the Lakers. People were hugging in the stands and just so excited. ing Fisher and that bogus shot...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Want a flash back, game 5 '89 WC semi against Portland and David Wingate hits a 40ft off a DROb screen to send the game into double OT
    Very nice. That was one of the most memorable series of my Spurs' fandom experience. I thought that young Spurs team led by DRob would win multiple les. Little did I realize that it would take 10 years before they would win their first. We are some lucky ass fortunate fans here in San Antonio. Thank you Tim Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Danny Ferry playing the game of his life in Game 2 of the 2003 series against the Suns.
    I can't believe how many people forget that and think that Phoenix series was easy. Damn Ferry wanted that game and was huge filling in for an injured DRob and suspended Kevin Willis (his elbow into Scott Williams' throat is still my favorite Spurs playoff foul, even over Rob sending Nash into the table).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember that game as well. That was an unbelievable move by Parker. That was his coming of out moment. Actually kinda made me feel sorry for Payton after getting schooled by Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gary Neal 3pt that send game to OT I believe against the Grizzles in 2011

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember that game as well. That was an unbelievable move by Parker. That was his coming of out moment. Actually kinda made me feel sorry for Payton after getting schooled by Parker.
    I loved it, considering how desperate the Sonics were to trade Payton for Parker, Malik Rose, and Antonio Daniels after Parker's first summer league game.

Speaking of underrated great Spurs moments, how about Tony's summer league in 2001? Everyone who watched him said he'd be starting by midseason and instead he's starting in Game 4 of the season. And then Stephen Jackson with a monster summer league the next year after we had all been clamoring for him to get more minutes when essentially spending the 01-02 season in street clothes. I remember I wanted Stephen Jackson on the team so badly in 01 after the Spurs lack of size doomed them in the WCF against LA two months before. Actually almost everyone at Spursreport (Spurstalk didn't open until the next season) wanted Jackson that year, and the most popular sig in 01-02 was "Free Stephen Jackson".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celebrating on the court of Hemisfair Arena after finally winning a playoff series in 78 or 79 cant remember year.
    Listening to the Spurs games on the radio when I was a kid.
    Losing to Lakers repeatedly in early 80s playoffs
    Twin Terrors
    Winning lottery and drafting DRob.
    Sticklands over the head pass to other team.
    Losing to Rockets in 1995 playoffs. I was depressed for weeks.
    Winning lottery and drafting Duncan.
    Elliott returning from kidney problems.
    Knocking off mighty Lakers in '03.
    Detroit series '05.
    Game 6 of Finals '13.
    Revenge '14.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very nice. That was one of the most memorable series of my Spurs' fandom experience. I thought that young Spurs team led by DRob would win multiple les. Little did I realize that it would take 10 years before they would win their first. We are some lucky ass fortunate fans here in San Antonio. Thank you Tim Duncan.
    game 7 that series was a heart breaker. Rod Strickland ugh... Serious talent on that team, but started to fall apart with the Wingate rape allegations the following year. We are very lucky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember arriving in San Antonio right when this game was starting... rushed to the hotel room and caught the 2nd half...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember arriving in San Antonio right when this game was starting... rushed to the hotel room and caught the 2nd half...
    I was on a ing plane the whole game. Thank god for torrents, that game got posted really quickly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many to list. I could literally go year by year since 98-99.

Underrated one that hasn't been listed is the two straight double OT victories on a westcoast trip during the 2005 regular season. During those two games the team just found a way to win.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the 2014 le kind of overshadows how perfect of a game the Spurs played in Game 3 of the 2013 Finals.
    That was the single greatest live sporting event experience of my life.
    Even tho we choked, to this day I'm proud to have killed my voice yelling at that game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My fav moment is Duncan's performance in 03 against the Lakers. So significant because the Spurs finally broke the mental power the Lakers had had on us. Since that has been posted along with other of my fav moments already I'll post another moment that I liked that hasn't been posted yet.

It's Michael Finley's dunk on Erick Dampier in 06. This series is still the greatest ever played to me even though we didn't come out on top. Just two evenly matched teams duking it out. A classic.

Please excuse the quality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do remember when I found this board back in 2009. I can't remember the specific talk around the cooler but I know the hot topic was Pop and his propensity to give PT to Kieth "centerpiece" Bogans, Bonner getting too many minutes, Jefferson ovulating...

I remember reading some of the comments on here after a string of losses in the 2009 Regular Season. that was some of the funniest I've read.

Thread Information