Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The funny thing is, they replaced Tiago with this ty Aldridge character, and Tony is another year older and slower... and the defense has gotten better?
    Aldridge has been nearly as good as Splitter on D, which is quite a compliment. He's also a better rebounder.

Tony has gone from being a bottom-5 defender in the league to a bit below average. As the weakest link on the defense, that raises the floor of the defense considerably. The ceiling is still sky-high because the rest of the starters are all A- and better defenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good article - thanks.

If asked, I would have said that they aren't boxing out all that well, but I guess that's not fair. They do have extended lapses where they just forget to get bodies on guys, but compared to other teams, they're still pretty good about it.

Defending the rim they are just freaking amazing, because it's not just their bigs. Technically, I guess you could say that Duncan defends the space under the rim, but it works out the same.
    I think the majority of the bigs box out big time, so do our two SF.
    The boxing out fail is WEst.
    TD/LMA/Diaw box out with dedication. We know Kawhi is a beast, and Kyle boxes out most of the time, and guys a lot bigger than him, have to give him credit as he's played a lot of stretch 4, and he has held his own helping us win games.

West is a disappointment in the rebound department. He ballwatches a whole lot, instead of holding on to his guy. He's old at this point, I am not sure he can improve his fundamentals at this stage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Spurs lead the league in passes per game despite playing at the 8th slowest pace, yet even that stat doesn’t seem to do the Spurs justice. What makes their high passing numbers more impressive is how well they move the ball back and forth from one side of the court to the other. It’s almost as if their goal is to quickly read a checklist of options on one side of the court and if nothing opens up, the ball gets swung around to the other side for that checklist to start over."
    How can this be? Don't we have this cancerous dribble, dribble, dribble for 23seconds PG? I'm confused
    BillMc Thanks for the link. Interesting read!

Thread Information