Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, the last Outings haven't been pretty, but I fear our record will become a lot uglier over the next 1.5 months. Here's who we'll play from now on until the new year.

11/15 @Clips (b2b)
    11/18 Warriors
    11/19 @Pels (b2b)
    11/21 Grizzlies
    11/23 @Pacers
    11/24 @Bucks (b2b)
    11/26 @ Bulls
    11/28 @Wolves
    11/30 Rockets
    12/02 Blazers
    12/04 @Jazz
    12/05 @ Lakers (b2b)
    12/07 Lakers
    12/09 Jazz
    12/11 Suns
    12/13 Clips
    12/15 Bulls
    12/17 Sixers
    12/19 @Magíc
    12/21 Wolves
    12/22 @ Rockets
    12/26 Nuggets
    12/28 @Nuggets
    12/29 @Clips (b2b)
    12/31 Celtics

Whoa, that could escalate quicky. I can't imagine we're winning more than 10 of these 25. And that's if we split the four Lakers and Jazz games.
    Btw, the start to the new year isn't that pretty as well with Leonard's return on 18/01, two games against the Grizzlies and Thunder and a game in Detroit.

You guys think Pop will blow it up and try to trade LMA/Pau/Gay or even DeMar for some picks if it comes to a 20-30(ish) record?
    Last edited by pookenstein; 11-15-2018 at 02:52 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I don't think Pop will blow it up. I think he will coach the team he has and make the best of it. Now do they make some trades? Likely, but I think it will be more based around who could help DDR and LMA. I can't expect LMA to play this bad as the season goes on. He should bounce back tomorrow considerable and hopefully Gay will be back. We are much worse when he isn't playing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya that's rough, the only games there that SHOULD be wins are the home games against Chicago and Phoenix..everything else is a toss-up or loss..

Trading DeRozan would be shocking, I don't think he could handle being traded twice in less than a year

I don't know what kind of value Aldridge currently has..he's playing poorly, 33 years old, moody and not that many teams are interested in his style anymore..maybe the Heat or Blazers or Wizards..

Can't imagine Pop ever tanking at this point, though..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya that's rough, the only games there that SHOULD be wins are the home games against Chicago and Phoenix..everything else is a toss-up or loss..

Trading DeRozan would be shocking, I don't think he could handle being traded twice in less than a year

I don't know what kind of value Aldridge currently has..he's playing poorly, 33 years old, moody and not that many teams are interested in his style anymore..maybe the Heat or Blazers or Wizards..

Can't imagine Pop ever tanking at this point, though..
    Agreed. Spurs couldn't get any decent offers for him when he was only 30, 31 and performing better.

Any deal for Aldridge would probably involve taking back crappy players on long term deals like an Alan Crabbe or Deon Waiters.

His deal is only good for one more year and then he can be stretch-waived and only cost about 2.3 million for the seasons.

Might as well keep him, it's not like he's hurting the tank. Give him a few more games and I'm sure he'll get some injury anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well keep him, it's not like he's hurting the tank. Give him a few more games and I'm sure he'll get some injury anyway.
    Ruthless and strategic. I like it.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    There is no need to blow this team up but Spurs would be foolish to not look at offers for Aldridge.

The reality we lost a top 5 NBA player is setting in and it's not fun. Just hope this team trys and finds ways to win basketball games.

Spurs have had sustained regular season success but this might be the first off year in awhile. Every team has them.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no need to blow this team up but Spurs would be foolish to not look at offers for Aldridge.

The reality we lost a top 5 NBA player is setting in and it's not fun. Just hope this team trys and finds ways to win basketball games.

Spurs have had sustained regular season success but this might be the first off year in awhile. Every team has them.
    It's the worst Spurs team since 1997. But at least the fans had the return of David Robinson to look forward to next season(and a high draft pick). There's nothing to look forward to with this roster. Pure definition of a go-nowhere treadmill team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be brutally honest, the way this team is playing & constructed with the injuries and all, I don't see them winning a game until 11/26 when they play the Bulls, who are plagued with their own inuries, & the Spurs may have to scratch & claw to eek out a win against them on the road! And because they are the Spurs, everyone will be bringing their "A-game" against them. Unfortunately, this team can be under 500 come Sunday & it may continue to drop. I'd be surprised if SAS were to beat the Clips tonight. It looks like Doc has this team playing competative ball right now with a bunch of unknowns & an 8-5 record. I know that eveyone is suggesting that the Spurs jump in the tank & bomb this season, but the way their schedule is constructed for this season, along with the way they are playing & that lineup, it may just naturally happen. We shall see, but GSG!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How many times did you have to Sim Lottery for that to work tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if Zion is even the best player on Duke. Barrett may be better, and Reddish, while raw, has the best physical tools (taller, longer wingspan)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all for the tank but the draft won't get us into contention again anytime soon because A) Pop will retire and B) The effect of one man isn't like it was when centers were dominant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    going 25-0 during that stretch and winning every game by 20+ tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As soon as the NBA schedule was released, we noticed these three things:
    - Start was ok but risky (nothing to win but a lot to lose in "easy" games)
    - Pre-Christmas schedule is tough as this thread reflects
    - The schedule eases at the end of RS.

A good start was needed and the team managed to do it despite not playing very well, especially in defense. Since then, Spurs are losing easy games and team play is getting worse. November-December schedule looks terrifying right now but is still soon to declare this team dead. Let's give this group of players and coaches the chance of being healthy and work together at least until Christmas. Should they continue losing with Gay, Gasol, healthy White, 3 months in the system for DeRozan, Poetl, etc., then we can say decisions need to be taken. If the team is around 0.500wins by then it will be because they are playing better, beating good teams and getting some good W in the road. That would give them credit to continue pushing at least until the Rodeo Road Trip. Don't forget the last weeks of RS schedule are favorable for Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    going 25-0 during that stretch and winning every game by 20+ tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, when you look at that list of games, and factor in how the Spurs have played lately along with the b2bs, it's pretty easy to visualize them going 8-17 over that stretch. Conceivably they could be 15-23 going into the new year.

Scary

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One problem is LMA is still the 1st option on offense, as they run a lot of plays for him in the post. Once the team realizes/LMA realizes that he's no longer an all star player, then things will get better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One problem is LMA is still the 1st option on offense, as they run a lot of plays for him in the post. Once the team realizes/LMA realizes that he's no longer an all star player, then things will get better.
    No it won't

Aldridge still rebounds and plays defense, at least..take away his touches and he'll stop doing the dirty work, which would make this team even worse..

DeRozan should be shooting more often, though, just like last night..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think it's quite possible that the spurs will drop to the outside the 10th seed by then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't know what kind of value Aldridge currently has..he's playing poorly, 33 years old, moody and not that many teams are interested in his style anymore..maybe the Heat or Blazers or Wizards...
    OTOH maybe DeRozan would be totally down with going to a contender. Of course a contender may not give up much. Unless it's a Houston Morey type that is into spend big and win now mode. Clippers I don't think with Jerry West are doing any favors.

Concur on Aldridge. This summer he may have gotten a lot with his strong 2nd half as #1 option. Back to sulking now. Surely other teams see this.

Way to go Pop and RC. Sure seems like he is fine with turning the team over as a crap pile as he wants to hear the "Oh they were so great with Pop look at them now" schpeel.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No contender or pseudo one (since there's probably still only one real one, unless they beat themselves or suc b to injury) would want DeRozan because they all have better primary options and he can't play a secondary role because of his inability to space the floor or defend.

Thy only teams he makes sense for, are irrelevant ones like this, who are desperate to cling to respectability, refuse to re-build and can't attract stars (Aldridge was an exception and did so because he considers it home). That's a narrow market. Maybe the Hornets, Cavaliers, Pistons, Grizzlies, Pelicans (to attempt to entice Davis to stay). Even then, can't imagine anyone paying a significant price.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No contender or pseudo one (since there's probably still only one real one, unless they beat themselves or suc b to injury) would want DeRozan because they all have better primary options and he can't play a secondary role because of his inability to space the floor or defend.

Thy only teams he makes sense for, are irrelevant ones like this, who are desperate to cling to respectability, refuse to re-build and can't attract stars (Aldridge was an exception and did so because he considers it home). That's a narrow market. Maybe the Hornets, Cavaliers, Pistons, Grizzlies, Pelicans (to attempt to entice Davis to stay). Even then, can't imagine anyone paying a significant price.
    pretty much. They could get crap players on equally long deals and maybe a protected first. Maybe Chandler Parsons and pieces, or Solomon Hill and matching salary. Jon Leuer and Galloway and salary.

Nothing worthwhile.

They couldn't even get someone as good as Danny Green.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    doesn’t matter if the stretch is brutal or not tbh... spurs will be irrelevant for the foreseeable future.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at the way we are playing and the injury bug I am thinking we only win 5 of the above games. Some mocks have us drafting at 12th spot I am thinking our record will be 7th to 9th then we just pray the bouncing ball lands us a top 5 pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs could really use a high lottery pick next season. Not really depressed about the way it's looking.

Edit: Jaren Jackson is looking really good for the Grizzlies.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 11-16-2018 at 11:03 PM.

Thread Information