Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BLUF with Westbrooke is who else LAL adds. If they get 2-3 shooters they can win the le IMO.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    110 defensive rating. That’s Hardenesque. What’s worse than that, Russ had a d rating of 122 in the playoffs. Not even Harden ever played that bad defensively
    Didn't you say that about 2018 Bron? When Vogel was hired, Lakers have been top 3 defense for 2 years and counting. He must've done an outstanding job of hiring TOSBron.

Wizards putrid defense collectively has no barring on Westbrook's defense individually. Not worried here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I live near DC and saw WB x 2 in person and a lot on TV. He has faults but no one plays harder and I think that GM James weighed in here and said get him over Hield.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    110 defensive rating. That’s Hardenesque. What’s worse than that, Russ had a d rating of 122 in the playoffs. Not even Harden ever played that bad defensively
    I don't think a ton of Westbrook defensively but this isnt exactly a great measure to go by when Washington and Houston were two completely awful defensive teams in general. And to compare Russ to Harden, Russ was a guy who actually would defend the opposing teams best player whereas Harden was routinely hidden. And tbh pretty much any star level player is actually capable of playing good defense when they feel they have to, including harden and Westbrook. in a system where they are expected to focus on defense, be held accountable, provided with paint help, and not asked to be the lead scorer rebounder and run point, I think playing harder and more consistent on defense becomes much easier to do.

Westbrook won't be a lockdown guy, but I imagine he will play pretty solidly defensively. The question is whether he can keep his emotions in check and avoid doing stupid stuff and playing hero ball just because someone trash talks a little or looks at him after scoring on him.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The question is whether he can keep his emotions in check and avoid doing stupid stuff and playing hero ball just because someone trash talks a little or looks at him after scoring on him.
    Christ-a-mighty boy, this is like your first cogent post since I retur...that you've ever made and I'm here every- in'-day, day in & of course day out. Congratulations, Neo, you've broken your cogent cherry.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I live near DC and saw WB x 2 in person and a lot on TV. He has faults but no one plays harder and I think that GM James weighed in here and said get him over Hield.
    It was just a matter of hauling his black ass up off the hard wood where he was kneeling & peeling & adhering those BLM decals all over white's creations, Rummy.

Though I don't know why we couldn't have Hield too. They got the dough over there, comin' out their collective wazoo's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They got the dough over there, comin' out their collective wazoo's.
    Who will you Laker Phans replace this gem with?

kuz (@kylekuzma) / Twitter

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who will you Laker Phans replace this gem with?

kuz (@kylekuzma) / Twitter
    & the fools had him on the ropes and gave him all that in' money for no reason whatsoever.

& he's got a ring, so he'll be jackassing the rest of his life, like that Walker guy for them way back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure a re would go full out in a chess match too, slamming pieces and playing harder. That doesn't mean in the end. Westbrook is a "me first" player, always will be.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm sure a re would go full out in a chess match too, slamming pieces and playing harder. That doesn't mean in the end. Westbrook is a "me first" player, always will be.

- "People change, Doc."

- "Wyatt Earp" - "Tombstone"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have cut Lebron some slack before, but I tell ya this clown needs more help than anyone in league history to win.. He's got Russ, AD, how about he gets Embiid to play some center for him? Is there anything else he needs for that 5th ring? Sake..

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I have cut Lebron some slack before, but I tell ya this clown needs more help than anyone in league history to win.. He's got Russ, AD, how about he gets Embiid to play some center for him? Is there anything else he needs for that 5th ring? Sake..
    Isn't the object to win? He's doing what every star should be doing.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Buddy Hield, or, somebody else that can take it & stick that jumper without fouling their game shorts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't the object to win? He's doing what every star should be doing.
    Colluding up the ass with Superstars? Does he need Paul George as a 6th man? What else can we do for you Lebron to avoid finals loss number 7?

If they win the chip, and he's denied finals MVP, expect him to be pouting in a corner during the trophy presentation..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Colluding up the ass with Superstars? Does he need Paul George as a 6th man? What else can we do for you Lebron to avoid finals loss number 7?

If they win the chip, and he's denied finals MVP, expect him to be pouting in a corner during the trophy presentation..
    I hate the guy just as much as the next fellow, but James did ring a year ago, db.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO the spurs licking up bryn forbes's toaster leavings and meanwhile next season LAL can trot out a lineup of:

Davis
    Love
    Melo
    Bron
    Westbrook

AKA the 2012 TEAM USA OLYMPIC BASKETBALL TEAM

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Submitted without comment

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LMAO the spurs licking up bryn forbes's toaster leavings and meanwhile next season LAL can trot out a lineup of:

Davis
    Love
    Melo
    Bron
    Westbrook

AKA the 2012 TEAM USA OLYMPIC BASKETBALL TEAM

Slight changes:

Davis
    Bron
    Melo
    Baze
    Melo

At least, I think that will be the initial starting lineup. Chucky the only one who can't shoot 3s

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

Slight changes:

Davis
    Bron
    Melo
    Baze
    Melo

At least, I think that will be the initial starting lineup. Chucky the only one who can't shoot 3s
    melo will start at two positions? wow this is groundbreaking

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I love how the salary cap just doesn’t exist for teams like the Lakers and Heat, and now Brooklyn. Everybody will just sign there for minimum contracts.

NBA has to go hard cap like the NFL if they ever want compe ive balance.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    melo will start at two positions? wow this is groundbreaking
    {facepalm}

Obviously I meant Chucky

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I love how the salary cap just doesn’t exist for teams like the Lakers and Heat, and now Brooklyn. Everybody will just sign there for minimum contracts.

NBA has to go hard cap like the NFL if they ever want compe ive balance.
    some more!

I was told the guy who was Kobe's agent for 20 years didn't know about how to manage a salary cap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Malik Monk pick up was a great move for LAL.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If Pelinka pulls this off, I might get pinked

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Malik Monk pick up was a great move for LAL.
    Monk 24
    Nunn 26
    THT 20

I like these ^ signings more than Chucky tbh. Talented young guns. Me likey

Thread Information