My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at the dates. You're making my point for me.
    If your point is that the good Dr had no ing clue then yes. Absolutely

I had better more accurate info as the 1st pages.of this thread show

Falsuchi

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repugs, duped evangelical Christians Nationals, Capitalism has ed America and will it to .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also....

wuhan suppoosedly has 50,000 hospital beds

hospitals are 100% full

measly few 2,000 infections so far? doesnt add up
    Posted January 26, 2020

Meanwhile Dr Falsuchi was parading on tv saying this is nothing to worry about

Falsuchi

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Infamous evangelist goes nuts at Christian nationalist event: ‘You don't need the va​ccine -- you got Jesus!'

told the group to abandon masks and to forgo vaccines, since all they really need for protection is Jesus.

maybe you've been fed fear

... but the Bible says that God has not given us the spirit of fear, but a power and a love and a sound mind."

"You have sound mind!" nope!

Feuerstein declared to the audience.

"You don't have to wear a mask! You got Jesus.

You don't need the vaccine! You got Jesus."

the "Christian nationalist event" was held at the Frisco Convention Center, north of Dallas, Texas

https://www.rawstory.com/preacher-joshua-feuerstein

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If your point is that the good Dr had no ing clue then yes. Absolutely

I had better more accurate info as the 1st pages.of this thread show

Falsuchi
    No, what you're saying is that Fauci should still be saying the same thing. Otherwise he's a "flip flopper"... stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lamar Jackson Still Unsure About Vaccine

Despite Being ‘Heartbroken’ Over Catching Covid TWICE

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/lama...g-covid-twice/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, what you're saying is that Fauci should still be saying the same thing. Otherwise he's a "flip flopper"... stupid.
    When you dont have a ing clue on something your have 2 paths. Double down on stupid of flip flop. Falsuchi chose the latter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you dont have a ing clue on something your have 2 paths. Double down on stupid of flip flop. Falsuchi chose the latter
    New disease... we didn't even have the DNA sequencing of the virus then.

Glad we have a guy that "flip flopped" instead of "double down on stupid"...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hater still thinks Trump was watching the Gorilla Channel.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Im not glad.

Wish we had a competent Dr. Probably would had way less carcasses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DiNazio

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Making parents 'opt out,' San Antonio ISD is getting kids to mask up -

but other districts won't push it

“We basically have a three-part strategy for us, for safety,” San Antonio Independent School District Superintendent Pedro Martinez told the Express-News Editorial Board last week.

“We have vaccination clinics across all of our large high schools that started kicking off this week.

We have COVID testing at every school.”

“And over 99 percent of our families are going to be masking up,” he said.

the district asked families to state whether they wanted to “opt out” of wearing masks this fall,

Fewer than 100 families did so by last week.

https://www.expressnews.com/news/edu...s-16374686.php

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got whiplash listening to this guy. That's right, that's wrong, that's right, that's wrong, that's right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im not glad.

Wish we had a competent Dr. Probably would had way less carcasses.
    It's not just a Dr job. There's a political and communications angle to it as well.

He's certainly qualified for the position. I can't tell you he's the best because I don't know that field that well, but I think he's done a terrific job considering he had to deal with a clown president next to him since the pandemic started up until a few months.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not just a Dr job. There's a political and communications angle to it as well.

He's certainly qualified for the position. I can't tell you he's the best because I don't know that field that well, but I think he's done a terrific job considering he had to deal with a clown president next to him since the pandemic started up until a few months.
    The problem with Fauci is he approached this pandemic the same as SARS1 and Ebola. The whole test & trace, travel restrictions aren't helpful, we're gonna beat the virus approach. Maybe understandable early on even though some of us on ST (like Hater) could tell this virus was different even back then. Problem is the old man still hasn't come to grips with reality and because the very premise of his messaging is wrong it has led to confusion among the peoples.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with Fauci is he approached this pandemic the same as SARS1 and Ebola. The whole test & trace, travel restrictions aren't helpful, we're gonna beat the virus approach. Maybe understandable early on even though some of us on ST (like Hater) could tell this virus was different even back then. Problem is the old man still hasn't come to grips with reality and because the very premise of his messaging is wrong it has led to confusion among the peoples.
    I think the biggest problem Fauci faced is that, unlike other pandemics, this was politicized from the get go. That also made it such that every state was on their own, instead of having a coordinated federal response.

Not going to say that mistakes were not made (there were mistakes) and that messaging was impeccable (it wasn't), but in this particular case there was much, much more to deal with than just the disease, unfortunately.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ing morons can't even storm the right building for no reason

hater's people

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/06/us/ho...d/index.htmlxc

Baby girl with Covid-19 airlifted 150 miles because of Houston hospital bed shortage

But hey, it's just a cold, right?

until it fills the hospitals. You stupid .
    link doesn't work. Was the baby vaccinated? If not add it to your lol dead from covid thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    link doesn't work. Was the baby vaccinated? If not add it to your lol dead from covid thread.
    Nobody says "lol dead from covid" for babies or for those that can't get the vaccine. But you and those like you will keep propping that straw man

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody says "lol dead from covid" for babies or for those that can't get the vaccine. But you and those like you will keep propping that straw man
    Dead is dead, it's never funny. Well except RBG croaking during the Trump admin, that's ing hilarious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "anything to trigger the libs, but it's in poor taste when you do it to us"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Children and the Delta variant

Coronavirus cases among children are surging across the U.S., with some doctors seeing more critically ill pediatric patients than at any other point during the pandemic.

From July 22 to July 29,

the number of new cases in children nearly doubled to around 72,000,

according to data from the American Academy of Pediatrics, and

children now make uparound 20 percent of all cases in the U.S.

The number of children entering the hospital with Covid has also been climbing, nearly matching the level from the pandemic’s peak in January.

Some of the biggest surges have come in places where the Delta variant is spreading quickly:

In Louisiana, nearly 3,500 children tested positive in just a few days, and

the average age of pediatric patients dropped to just 5 years old.

These numbers have sparked concerns that what had once seemed like the smallest of silver linings — that Covid-19 mostly spared children — might be changing. But the details are murky.

Most children with Covid-19 have mild symptoms, and there is not yet enough evidence to conclude that Delta causes more severe disease in children than other variants do, scientists told our colleague Emily Antes.

What is clear is that a confluence of factors — including Delta’s contagiousness and the fact that people under 12 are not yet eligible to be vaccinated — is sending more children to the hospital.

Most children who contract Covid have relatively mild symptoms, such as runny noses, congestion, coughs or fevers.

But a small share of children, especially those with pre-existing conditions, develop severe disease, showing up at the hospital with pneumonia or in respiratory distress.

Others develop lingering neurological, physical or psychiatric symptoms, known as “long Covid.”

Now, as cases surge, families of high-risk children are growing increasingly terrified. A growing number are sharing their stories online, accompanied by desperate cries for people to get vaccinated.

“We’re just pleading, begging people to get vaccinated and wear their mask for the sake of our children,”

said Elena Hung, of Silver Spring, Md., whose daughter Xiomara, 7, has heart issues and chronic lung and kidney disease and breathes through a tracheotomy.

Many parents say they are angry and exhausted from trying to keep their children safe while balancing the emotional trauma of more than a year of isolation — with no end in sight.

“There literally are not words for the frustration but also the fury that I feel that this has gone on as long as it has,” said Alison Chandra, whose high-risk 7-year-old recently tested positive.

“It didn’t have to be this way. It didn’t.”

-- NYTimes email

Thread Information