Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Timmy and Manu be at the Robert Horry Meet & Greet this weekend?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha I met him at a Vegas pool party in 2013 he was very personable with everyone around him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ha, he's trying to make peace with Spurs fans after he that Hakeem Timmy thing. Who cares? He hit one of the biggest shots in Spurs history. Let a man have his opinions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is doing this is San Antonio?

I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a bit of hate from some folks. Not a lot because most people here are polite but folks love Tim in this city so I wouldn’t be surprised if a person or two confronts him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ha, he's trying to make peace with Spurs fans after he that Hakeem Timmy thing. Who cares? He hit one of the biggest shots in Spurs history. Let a man have his opinions.
    Also missed one of the biggest shots to end game 5 2003 costing LA all momentum and a beat down in game 6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    horry did what he was paid to do when he came here so i have no qualms with his takes since then, which are pretty tame compared to sjax's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also missed one of the biggest shots to end game 5 2003 costing LA all momentum and a beat down in game 6
    And half of the time he’s just watching and just waiting to take his shots. Really he’s NBA Forest Gump, just being there at the right time.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He pretty much carried the Spurs to victory in that Game 5. I think he had 18 points in the fourth quarter and OT and it's really hard to see the Spurs win the le that year without that performance. It was so much more than one shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He pretty much carried the Spurs to victory in that Game 5. I think he had 18 points in the fourth quarter and OT and it's really hard to see the Spurs win the le that year without that performance. It was so much more than one shot.
    yeah. He made a bunch of threes as well as some tough shots. I'll never forget the left handed dunk which seemed impossible from where he jumped from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robert Horry & Drew Pearson Meet & Greet - WSS Grand Opening Event!

SUN DEC 12 2021 AT 09:00 AM UTC-06:00

4800 W Commerce St, San Antonio, TX 78237-1504, United States | San Antonio

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And half of the time he’s just watching and just waiting to take his shots. Really he’s NBA Forest Gump, just being there at the right time.
    Yeah no, no one is carrying the Spurs to a Game 5 win in the Finals on the road against that Detroit team by accident or dumb luck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Horry's, Kerrs, and Diaws were extremely important ingredients to get the team over the top on the 2003, 2005 and 2014 Championships. It's hard to be too critical for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he check Nash for Spurs to win that series against Suns..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next he's gonna accuse Tony Parker of ing teammates wives.. oh wait

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    horry did what he was paid to do when he came here so i have no qualms with his takes since then, which are pretty tame compared to sjax's.
    What has Stephen Jackson said that is worse? Stephen talks a lot of , but I don't recall him denigrating Tim like Horry did.

I appreciate a lot of what Horry did when he was playing for the Spurs, but there is no way Hakeem was as good as he's making him out to be. TD is/was arguably better, but Horry's comments hold a lot of weight with the casuals and that doesn't help TD's legacy out at all. People already have an inflated opinion of Hakeem, but as time goes by, people seem to have a lower one of Tim completely forgetting how great he was. Horry adding that re ed take doesn't help people see/appreciate TD's greatness. It just diminishes it for no reason.
    Last edited by Ice009; 12-06-2021 at 08:22 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was bugging with that Hakeem is better than Tim take. But the man almost dislocated his shoulder with that dunk against the Pistons. He was a major part of winning that le

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What has Stephen Jackson said that is worse? Stephen talks a lot of , but I don't recall him denigrating Tim like Horry did.

I appreciate a lot of what Horry did when he was playing for the Spurs, but there is no way Hakeem was as good as he's making him out to be. TD is/was arguably better, but Horry's comments hold a lot of weight with the casuals and that doesn't help TD's legacy out at all. People already have an inflated opinion of Hakeem, but as time goes by, people seem to have a lower one of Tim completely forgetting how great he was. Horry adding that re ed take doesn't help people see/appreciate TD's greatness. It just diminishes it for no reason.
    Have you been living under a rock the last several years? What Horry said about Duncan vs Hakeem was a profoundly stupid take but Jax has been a lot worse when it comes to the Spurs and Duncan.

1. He took shots at Duncan's leadership by saying that he was the leader of the '03 le team and not Tim Duncan. He also said Duncan was never a leader. He said this on I believe Bill Simmon's podcast.
    2. He said Kobe was a better player than Duncan.
    3. He took shots at Manu and Parker by basically saying they were cowards the way they handled the Kawhi situation.
    4. He sided with Kawhi during the Spurs-Kawhi feud.
    5. He also went out of his way to talk trash to Spurs fans on IG once Kawhi got traded to rub salt in the wounds.
    Last edited by daslicer; 12-06-2021 at 10:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you been living under a rock the last several years? What Horry said about Duncan vs Hakeem was a profoundly stupid take but Jax has been a lot worse when it comes to the Spurs and Duncan.

1. He took shots at Duncan's leadership by saying that he was the leader of the '03 le team and not Tim Duncan. He also said Duncan was never a leader. He said this on I believe Bill Simmon's podcast.
    3. He took shots at Manu and Parker by basically saying they were cowards the way they handled the Kawhi situation.
    5. He also went out of his way to talk trash to Spurs fans on IG once Kawhi got traded to rub salt in the wounds.
    https://streamable.com/kg4uo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I haven't really followed him since he was booted off the Spurs in 2013. I hadn't heard most of that stuff. I just figured he talked about Manu & DG when Pop cut him during the 2013 season and also Pop himself, but I didn't think he'd trash TD. Having said that, let me ask you, do you think Sjax's takes would be taken as seriously as Horry's? IMO Horry holds much more clout having won 7 rings, so IMO I don't think as many fans would take Stephen Jackson as seriously as they would hearing something similar from Horry who has won 7 rings and played with three great big men.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “BaCk iN mY dAyS”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't really followed him since he was booted off the Spurs in 2013. I hadn't heard most of that stuff. I just figured he talked about Manu & DG when Pop cut him during the 2013 season and also Pop himself, but I didn't think he'd trash TD. Having said that, let me ask you, do you think Sjax's takes would be taken as seriously as Horry's? IMO Horry holds much more clout having won 7 rings, so IMO I don't think as many fans would take Stephen Jackson as seriously as they would hearing something similar from Horry who has won 7 rings and played with three great big men.
    Stack co-hosts one of the biggest sports podcasts out there (on Showtime) and is WELL RESPECTED across basketball, football and the entertainment industry. For every critique he has ever given Duncan he probably gives 5 examples of praise. This narrative that he is anti-Spur is ridiculous. He may have had his differences with the franchise in his second tour but he often praises the organization, Pop especially and is very close with Holt’s son till this day. This board blows a gasket when anyone says anything critical of this franchise or Tim/Tony/Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is a raging anti-semite who defended DeSean Jackson and then doubled-down on his comments.

Not to mention being enough of a distraction for Pop to literally kick him off a team on a le run.

The sooner people stop listening to what Jackson has to say, the better.

Thanks for the big shots in 2003, but....bye Felicia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next he's gonna accuse Tony Parker of ing teammates wives.. oh wait
    Typical ST. SJ deserves to be burned at the stake for comments about the franchise while guys like TP literally ed a teammate's wife.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stack co-hosts one of the biggest sports podcasts out there (on Showtime) and is WELL RESPECTED across basketball, football and the entertainment industry. For every critique he has ever given Duncan he probably gives 5 examples of praise. This narrative that he is anti-Spur is ridiculous. He may have had his differences with the franchise in his second tour but he often praises the organization, Pop especially and is very close with Holt’s son till this day. This board blows a gasket when anyone says anything critical of this franchise or Tim/Tony/Manu.
    GTFO he went on a revenge tour in '17-'18. For a whole entire year he bashed the franchise and sided with Kawhi. He was on ESPN, Fox Sports 24/7 running his mouth for that whole entire year and the worst part of it was they took him as a credible source on the Spurs simply because they wanted Kawhi out of San Antonio. Jax is a con artist in the sense he will bash the out of you and then say "Well I also love you.". I don't fall for that shtick.

Thread Information